Jump to content

Any reasons NOT to use stropha?


Recommended Posts

It's battle efficient, only requiring a simple heavy attack to deal immense damage, meaning you don't really need to spend time increasing the combo counter up to 12x to deal damage

It's extremely effective, dealing high damage in a wide cone and long punchthrough 

It looks so smooth and techy 

It's the perfect weapon in my opinion.

I really once thought about not using my primary or secondary anymore since it's THAT GOOD 

 

I'm not trying to nerf it, but...i also like different options, any ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alot of people make weapons with ONLY heavy attack in mind. Well, with few exceptions I make EXACT opposite - belive me, with anywhing able to cluster bunch of targets and 2-3 attacks with Stropha 12x combo just pops-up on its own - and it still shreds things even on SP difficulty. If only it was more slash based (or impact was more effective in comparison to Slash/Puncture)...

Edited by Hynek307
Typo...
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

It's battle efficient, only requiring a simple heavy attack to deal immense damage, meaning you don't really need to spend time increasing the combo counter up to 12x to deal damage

It's extremely effective, dealing high damage in a wide cone and long punchthrough 

It looks so smooth and techy 

It's the perfect weapon in my opinion.

I really once thought about not using my primary or secondary anymore since it's THAT GOOD 

 

I'm not trying to nerf it, but...i also like different options, any ideas?

it's not a zaw and, as such, cannot benefit from zaw arcanes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cloud said:

it's not a zaw and, as such, cannot benefit from zaw arcanes.

i mean, this is why i still use my Zaws over my Reaper Prime and Kronen Prime...

i have a Machete using the Cynath and the ground slams triggering Exodia Hunt remain means it doesnt even really need reach mods... much like my Heavy blade zaw.

legitmately the only time i went to a non zaw was for the Zealot fight in steel path, where i needed the pure power of my reaper. 

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hynek307 said:

Alot of people make weapons with ONLY heavy attack in mind. Well, with few exceptions I make EXACT opposite - belive me, with anywhing able to cluster bunch of targets and 2-3 attacks with Stropha 12x combo just pops-up on its own - and it still shreds things even on SP difficulty. If only it was more slash based (or impact was more effective in comparison to Slash/Impact)...

If you didn't know, Protea can rewind combo counter to it's original state before casting temporal anchor

Build 12x with stropha, cast Temporal anchor, heavy attack, rewind, and get another 12x, cast temporal anchor, repeat

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gun blades just don't flow well to me. There's a reason people mainly only use them for heavy attacks. I think they're gimmicky and only good for Synovia popping.

A smooth combo stance that can hit a huge group of enemies with a range mod is much more appealing to me personally.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

- not everyone likes Gunblades

- only fits Corpus Aesthetic

- it's not Glorious Tatsu or Nikana Prime, made of Orokin steel folded a BILLION time and imbued with the honour of a thousand elite warriors.

that's about it. those things aside, it's a VERY good weapon.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Any reasons NOT to use stropha?

It is short ranged and covers a relatively small area, has no significant status chance, is not as mobile as some other melee weapons, has an undesirable damage type and no forced status effects except impact (on shots).

Don't get me wrong, it's a great weapon, but not for every situation. Even among melee weapons, I oftentimes prefer a nikana with Blind Justice and Weeping Wounds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

spend time increasing the combo counter up to 12x to deal damage

Yeah, spending 1.5s building up combo at the beginning of a mission is sooooo long... and if everyone die before you can build up, it means you don't need combo. That's why combo based build will always be better.

As for other reason to not use it :

  • It has one projectile and low status chance, so it's terrible for status and Shattering Impact (which is what make the two other gunblades good).
  • The shot have low range and not so good DPS compared to guns, so unless you use combo based mods, it will scale poorly but you can't efficiently use them because shots don't contribute to the combo counter.
  • As other gunblades, it have low base range and attack speed, which make the use of combo based mods and Condition Overload much harder, which means it will scale poorly.
  • It's not a Zaw, so you can't use Zaw Exodias, mainly Contagion which make any weapons into a gunblade, as long as bringing free impact and blast procs in a wide radius.

I could continue but 4 reasons to not use it, as generic as that, sounds enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't get on with gunblades, mainly because frame movement is rather jarring with them. Think I'm about to slice something? Nope, you've come to a dead stop and spaffed a couple of shots in some random direction.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...