Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions on Granum Coin spawning, in the Corpus Ship tileset

(NSW)TheVGMLover

Every mission I play on Corpus Ship tileset, I always find at least 2-3 prisoners that need rescuing, but I usually only have 1 or 2 Granum Coins to spare for them, due to how rarely the Granum Coin guys can spawn.

I understand that much of the Warframe community isn't too morally motivated to help everyone they can, but I find it to be painful having to leave them for dead on a ship that's about to explode (on a successful Corpus Sabotage mission).

There's at least 3 ways we can solve this moral dilemma:

1. Tell Corpus to stop kidnapping so many Solaris folks.

2. Tell Corpus to hire more Granum Coin folks (which can potentially result in more S.U. standing per mission)

3. Both? This can allow more Spectre arena challenges to be considered per mission, but may decrease S.U. standing payout.

Whichever solution is taken, I hope at the very least, I can stop leaving so many Solaris folks to die whenever I visit the Corpus Ship tileset.

What would you pick?

• 4 weeks later...

I always feel like a $&*^ for ignoring them, even if i dont have enough coins on me and there isnt anything i can do to help them. I feel bad xD

Yes, i wish there were more ways to get the coins, apart from just regular missions. Like syndicate missions, Void fissures, etc

Fictional videogames are also about roleplaying; some of us seem to emphasize more with their characters, it seems. Other players do not. I believe both are OK; people just are different.

Now for the game mechanic: I don't think the coins are that rare in case one wants to do granuum void missions. Perhaps the idea was to have some use for the coins after a player had already farmed Protea; otherwise they would become kind of useless (AFAIK they don't have additional uses; well they can be used as lore coins at the hand, but that's about it.... Haven't tried Granuum Void missions personally, as I don't like the idea of Protea that much, even less equipping Xoris just for hunting for the frame - perhaps I will do it later, but I've found other things more interesting so far.

As for the prisoners: perhaps there could be more ways to free them? Use some other (otherwise) useless junk, for some other reward? Alternatively, they could be made even more annoying. I mean, currently they are kind of self-centered and arrogant already (they are not pleading, pleased or relieved in any way someone has come to their aid - more like "hey, the release button is OVER THERE, YOU KNOW" etc.; also, they don't seem distressed enough - it seems like they have other ways out!). I kind of feel bad leaving them behind, but they also behave like they are someone who perhaps got captured for a reason 😆

Either way, I like the effort development put in their personality. It's a minor detail, but I like stuff like that, and perhaps makes saving my coins a bit less troubling.

For newer players a restricted form of su standing, that really does not make sense 3x standing but heres the thing you only get 1 coin. Either DE is giving standing or chance for 1 release per run but 3 spots to find the target for release. The 1 guaranteed spawn per mission was great for protea farming, but does make you wonder about why 3 prisoners and how DE will evolve this tileset in the future.

I would also point out this is only a problem for squads less than 4 players, 3 prisoners equal 3 players 4th player granum void mission. If your in affinity 50m range all get the su standing so full squads get 3x standing.

2 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

I would also point out this is only a problem for squads less than 4 players, 3 prisoners equal 3 players 4th player granum void mission. If your in affinity 50m range all get the su standing so full squads get 3x standing.

So imagine if we got more coins per mission, with a full squad, then. I'd imagine that'd be a real nice amount of standing, if DE allows it.

20 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Ignore the idiot above.

I always feel like a $&*^ for ignoring them, even if i dont have enough coins on me and there isnt anything i can do to help them.

I feel bad xD

Yes, i wish there were more ways to get the coins, apart from just regular missions. Like syndicate missions, Void fissures, etc

I don't. I'm more content with using the Crown for Protea runs.

Archived