Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How are people dealing with the new infested enemies?

Dexmaster

I feel like no matter how I mod my weapons, the new infested enemies, like the Rexes and the Saxums, have way to high of an effective health pool to feasibly damage. In the simulacrum, the same weapon, modded for corrosive, will shred through Heavy Gunners but struggle to take down even the Saxum's shoulder. I was testing my Kuva Nukor, modded for corrosive, and the enemies surrounding the Saxum die long before the Saxum. I haven't even mentioned the Jugulus, which takes multiple Supra Vandal clips to take down (although it seems like that weapon isn't great against these guys to begin with). I'm not sure how anyone would take down a Jugulus in a mission at higher levels.

Yet in missions, these enemies usually get shredded by the other players. Is there something I'm missing? Should I be using frames like Mirage to run vaults so I can buff my weapon damage? Is there some modding secret I've been left out on?

Just now, moonfallen said:

Build melee Viral dose shortwork on them you need mods like blood rush condition overload and one of 2 mods that increases your combo timer from here u just fill viral, range, atk speed, crit chance and dmg depends on what your weapon is short on. 

Viral does nothing to them, they're immune to status until you destroy their shoulders, and even then they're immune to viral after that. Viral is NOT good for Deimos with how many enemies are immune to it.

As for the OP, Nukor is a status machine, many of the enemies are immune to a few different statuses. Corrosive damage, is overall the "best" with the weird armor/health weaknesses/resistances they have.

If I understand the DPS resistance right, critical chance is the best stat against them. This is likely also what makes melee so good. Furthermore, DPS resistance works "before armor", so reducing their armor is particularly effective. The Jugulus also have not immediately obvious weak spots, their head being on the ground most of the time.

2 minutes ago, moonfallen said:

what are you smoking this build chops 175lvl under 10sek 

https://ibb.co/DfYVVn7

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Deimos_Saxum

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Deimos_Carnis

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Deimos_Jugulus

All 3 have this listed.

" Has immunity to Viral b Viral status. "

Also, this.

https://imgur.com/a/OzhwhuW

Not to mention, removing the armor in some way makes corrosive do even more, where Viral isn't gaining you anything.

"Shoot at it until it dies."

Also, my standard crit Corrosive + Heat builds I normally use against Festies in Star Chart still seem to work fine. Pyrana Prime and Catchmoon worked well for me.

For running vaults, I also brought Octavia and a radiation Fulmin. The mechs can't shoot what they can't see.

15 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

"Shoot at it until it dies."

Also, my standard crit Corrosive + Heat builds I normally use against Festies in Star Chart still seem to work fine. Pyrana Prime and Catchmoon worked well for me.

For running vaults, I also brought Octavia and a radiation Fulmin. The mechs can't shoot what they can't see.

Why the hell didn't I consider stealth for mechs

Cause many of the enemies in the drift are immune to viral , the better option would be corrosive and heat for elemental setup.

The fact that many enemies also have armor just helps that much more.

"Hella damage" works like anywhere else in the game ,

but you could also focus on the weakpoints (they glow orange)

i wonder what happened to the blue glow infested that were supposed to be shown.

5 часов назад, Dexmaster сказал:

I feel like no matter how I mod my weapons, the new infested enemies, like the Rexes and the Saxums, have way to high of an effective health pool to feasibly damage. In the simulacrum, the same weapon, modded for corrosive, will shred through Heavy Gunners but struggle to take down even the Saxum's shoulder. I was testing my Kuva Nukor, modded for corrosive, and the enemies surrounding the Saxum die long before the Saxum. I haven't even mentioned the Jugulus, which takes multiple Supra Vandal clips to take down (although it seems like that weapon isn't great against these guys to begin with). I'm not sure how anyone would take down a Jugulus in a mission at higher levels.

Yet in missions, these enemies usually get shredded by the other players. Is there something I'm missing? Should I be using frames like Mirage to run vaults so I can buff my weapon damage? Is there some modding secret I've been left out on?

Saxum seems to have some ridiculous resistance  to AoE weapons. In simularcum 3 shots from my Kuva Ogris kill 9 Eximus Heavy Gunners but deal up to 0 damage even with direct rocket hit to shoulders. Meanwhile my Kuva Chakhur kills each shoulder from 1-2 hit. Garuda( 4-> Shot from hard hitting weapon->1, K.O. any Deimos infested) or Hildryn (Spam 2 to reduce their armor) are maybe the easiest ways to deal with SP infested, at least for me.

Corrossive + Heat works really well for me. I don't know about other explosive weapons but my Zarr just doesn't do really well on higher levels, especially on the heavies. I do really think you can't just blast through everything in Cambion Drift. For Saxums you have to destroy both of their shoulders before attacking the main body, for Rexes shooting the head (the part where some infested tendrils sprouts) works just well.

As for Jugulus...i don't know any fancy tricks to face that thing. Just shoot and pray it doesn't 1 hit you with it's ridiculous damage output.

The enemies being tanky is the smaller problem. Usually melee finishes them fast even in Steel Path.

Now their abilities and attacks? That's a problem.

Jugulus can just spam It's discs and tentacles and it also spits on you. Sometimes it does this while being invisible. Yes actually this is a thing I saw it happen not once.

The Saxume is not that much of a pain since It's easy to dodge It's attacks but still he's just spamming and spamming his clouds and the worst of all he doesn't have a range limit. Actually if you fly up to the highest spot on Deimos he can still shoot you with pin point accuracy even tho he's not even visible anymore.

The tentacle drones are also pretty annoying they are fast they are flying high above the ground and they also shoot heat seeking projectiles and on top of that they can cling on you to disable abilities. Thankfully their Ai is dumb and usually they won't dodge attacks and unlike the other units they can't just spam their face hug move.

30 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

*Cough* Vulpaphyla *Cough*

P.S. Companions always were useless crap on high lvl missions anyway, nothing new.

Is not a Sentinel.

I have no issues keeping Pets and MOAs alive, my problem is with Sentinel survivability specifically. It feels like I'm being punished for not wanting to deal with ground-based companions' wonky pathfinding.

Also, the enemies I'm talking about become Sentinel killers at only level 30. I'm fairly certain that that isn't considered "High level missions".

Pet's just always seem more prone to die because they generate their own agro and separate from you all the time. Even with health link and intsant healing with life steal. It always seems to die faster than my sentinel. IDK maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm sure someone will point it out if I am. 

7 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

Pet's just always seem more prone to die because they generate their own agro and separate from you all the time. Even with health link and intsant healing with life steal. It always seems to die faster than my sentinel. IDK maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm sure someone will point it out if I am. 

It's certain attacks that do it. Specifically, a lot of new enemies (Saxum, Jugulum, and in a previous update the Elite Juno Crewmen) have a small AOE on their projectiles for no apparent reason other than to ensure that if you take a hit, your sentinel is going to take damage as well.

Coupled with the fact that Sentinels are more fragile to begin with (as well as lacking a bleedout state and having fewer ways to heal them), and you have a recipe for dead sentinels.

12 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's certain attacks that do it. Specifically, a lot of new enemies (Saxum, Jugulum, and in a previous update the Elite Juno Crewmen) have a small AOE on their projectiles for no apparent reason other than to ensure that if you take a hit, your sentinel is going to take damage as well.

Coupled with the fact that Sentinels are more fragile to begin with (as well as lacking a bleedout state and having fewer ways to heal them), and you have a recipe for dead sentinels.

I just don't really experience that. Unless I'm standing absolutely still. Then yeah it's gonna die. With the amount lives it has and I can heal it relatively quickly with a large health pad. It just seems more practical. Though I probably use my sentinel a little differently. I use helios prime for the scans and the big suc. It's pure utility for me. No weapon even on it. 

Archived