Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello DE, can you seprate the damage reduction for 'True damage' from 'constant percentage of health true damage' and 'constant true damage'(aka finsher damage)

Anticlimbaxe

I was very excited on the helminth system, and I tested so many combination just to let me play some old, weak warframe.

Now I want to talk about Ash, well everyone knows his 1st ability with augment is very good, but not many will focus in his 4th ability. And just consider Ash is another 'just 6000EXP warframe'.

Ash 4th ability is very fun and it bring us the feeling of 'I am the ninja'. I can stab and kill any enemy in invisible, very cool right?

But it is not that cool once Ash started to face enemy with damage reduction.

I can understand why DE will apply damage reduction in true damage, because some warframe (E.G.revenant , oberon, etc) is applying true damage in enemy base on their max HP, which means the player with high ability strength can press 1 ability and erase any enemy he like. And DE introduced damage reduction to counter this 'issue'.

Well, I can understand that, but how about the finisher damage, it must be very hurt if someone just stab you but you don't aware of that, right?

No, because we have the damage reduction!

I just hope DE, if you can separate the damage reduction from 'true damage base on Max HP' and 'true damage with constant number', that will be very cool.

As you are starting to let new enemy to immune slash proc, if those enemy even has damage reduction from finisher damage, then how can someone play Ash in those 'new contents'??? 4th ability is the 'ultimate skill' for that warframe, if I can't expect them to function well, then why should I play this warframe?

The normal damage for finsher for ash's 4th for my own build

387874bd2c.jpg

Now, let see others,

7e857ef42a.jpg

e550e22008.jpg

3f9c992fb5.jpg

Ash isn’t alone with this issue. Garuda have that problem with enemies like Jugulus and Nox for dealing True Damage. 4+1 combo would finish off lvl 175 Exo Gokstad Officers in one blow, try to see what happens when you do that with Noxes. But she can always use her Weapons to deal with them instead of her Dread Mirror.

the enemies you are showing probably don't have resistance to true damage per se, but instead i think they have general resistances that do not rely on armour.

The Deimos Jugulus has an adaptive DR that scales based on DPS (not including crits). This works separately to armour, so true damage does not get to benefit from ignoring it. Bladestorm cannot crit, meaning the best method of bypassing the Deimos Jugulus' damage resistance is unavailable to bladestorm.

The Deimos Saxum on the other hand possesses an immunity to all status effects until it's shoulders are destroyed, 80% damage resistance whilst it has at least one intact shoulder and 30% damage resistance after it has both shoulders destroyed. Though i am unclear on whether or not this is resistance to all damage or just ability damage

The venomous eximus appears to reduce incoming ability damage by 70%. Again because this is not applied as armour the true damage dealt by bladestorm is reduced by it.

39 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the enemies you are showing probably don't have resistance to true damage per se, but instead i think they have general resistances that do not rely on armour.

The Deimos Jugulus has an adaptive DR that scales based on DPS (not including crits). This works separately to armour, so true damage does not get to benefit from ignoring it. Bladestorm cannot crit, meaning the best method of bypassing the Deimos Jugulus' damage resistance is unavailable to bladestorm.

The Deimos Saxum on the other hand possesses an immunity to all status effects until it's shoulders are destroyed, 80% damage resistance whilst it has at least one intact shoulder and 30% damage resistance after it has both shoulders destroyed. Though i am unclear on whether or not this is resistance to all damage or just ability damage

The venomous eximus appears to reduce incoming ability damage by 70%. Again because this is not applied as armour the true damage dealt by bladestorm is reduced by it.

Well never thought about that, but still, Iwell the good thing is those enemy with any reduction on true damage is not common in the star chart. I just felt sad because Ash can't enjoy using Bladestorm in Deimos.

Still, it will be great if DE can do special treatment into different warframe ability.

2 minutes ago, Anticlimbaxe said:

Well never thought about that, but still, Iwell the good thing is those enemy with any reduction on true damage is not common in the star chart. I just felt sad because Ash can't enjoy using Bladestorm in Deimos.

Still, it will be great if DE can do special treatment into different warframe ability.

what I don't like about deimos is the fact that 90% of the enemies are outright immune to viral, couldn't they just make it less effective?

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

Ash isn’t alone with this issue. Garuda have that problem with enemies like Jugulus and Nox for dealing True Damage. 4+1 combo would finish off lvl 175 Exo Gokstad Officers in one blow, try to see what happens when you do that with Noxes. But she can always use her Weapons to deal with them instead of her Dread Mirror.

At least Garuda has her 4th to 'boost' her total damage on weapon, except those enemy immune to slash.

It is good idea to have different enemy with different resistance, but sometime it just drive people to use those 'OP frame' with 'OP weapon' to reduce headache during mission.

Just now, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

what I don't like about deimos is the fact that 90% of the enemies are outright immune to viral, couldn't they just make it less effective?

I think DE just don't want everyone keep using 'Viral+Slash' in every mission, but the result is those enemy in Deimos become harder to kill than any other enemy in star chart.

But at the end,  those 'status immune' , 'damage cut' will lead everyone to use Mesa and 'spam 4 to win'.

On 2020-09-27 at 5:47 AM, Anticlimbaxe said:

I think DE just don't want everyone keep using 'Viral+Slash' in every mission, but the result is those enemy in Deimos become harder to kill than any other enemy in star chart.

But at the end,  those 'status immune' , 'damage cut' will lead everyone to use Mesa and 'spam 4 to win'.

Also, in a way it drags Viral down to be more in line with Corrosive and Magnetic in that their status effects are useless against certain enemies. Corrosive doesn't do anything to the unarmored, Magnetic doesn't do anything to the unshielded and now Viral doesn't do anything to certain Infested.

I wished all the status effects were like Heat that's composed of several effects that work on everything (CC and dot) and a targeted effect that works on certain enemies (armor strip).

I'm surprised DE didn't kneecap Viral in a kneejerk reaction like they did with Marked 4 Death.

Archived