Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposal to rename Sanctuary Onslaught

VanFanel1980mx

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

at least it seems to reform groups after zone one now. I wish they had a more dynamic team combining feature that way split teams could get repaired mid session. 

Too bad most people seem to leave after clearing zone 2, sometimes I just wonder why they bother to play it.

11 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Too bad most people seem to leave after clearing zone 2, sometimes I just wonder why they bother to play it.

People run ESO to rank weapons. Every one leaves after 2 rounds because they are rank 30 

Before going through the portal I always check and see if the host has gone through first. If the host doesn't go through neither do I. 

1 minute ago, Berzerkules said:

People run ESO to rank weapons. Every one leaves after 2 rounds because they are rank 30 

Before going through the portal I always check and see if the host has gone through first. If the host doesn't go through neither do I. 

Even when you equip just one weapon with a booster I have never seen it go from rank 0 to 30 in just 2 zones.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I always called ESO "Saryn Prime's Kill-a-thon Extravaganza", since that's usually what it ends up being.

ESO = Equip Saryn Only

:crylaugh:

I pretty much have been doing Sanctuary solo or with friends for this very reason. During its first weeks when it was introduced, I noticed in pub games that it attracted a lot of leechers. I'm not into that, so I mainly ended up doing it solo with Saryn farming for the reward drops and then never again once I got them all.  (I level stuff solo doing Spy or stealth Exterminate runs)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

You can see who the host is by looking at the name with the "1".

Their name should be on the screen to locate them easier. Once the portal appears watch where they stand. 

Lately no one steps into a portal unless someone else does it first, so the sessions can usually end in zone 1 a lot of the time, this includes the host.

4 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Lately no one steps into a portal unless someone else does it first, so the sessions can usually end in zone 1 a lot of the time, this includes the host.

I've actually legitimately seen this happen once. Public matches always go to 3 or 4 at least and 5-6 on average. It's all anecdotal evidence though. Not saying it doesn't happen to you. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I've actually legitimately seen this happen once. Public matches always go to 3 or 4 at least and 5-6 on average. It's all anecdotal evidence though. Not saying it doesn't happen to you. 

Is all over the place, when I am the host I will go 8 zones if possible, if I am left alone earlier I just do what I can, don't quit even if my stuff is fully leveled.

The fact that people only use it as a quick XP-Farm for weapons is 100% DE's fault.

When it was released people gave a lot of Feedback on how to improve the Gamemode and make it worthwhile,

but DE decided its good the way it is. Its a shame they didnt do more with it, because this could have easily become a great endless Dungeon-type Gamemode.

But they never addressed the main 2 problems:

• efficiency-drain gets ridiculous
  • Reward Rotation goes back to A after Zone 8

Besides that, there have been lots of suggestions on how to make it more interesting,

like including Bosses at the end of certain stages, different Modifiers and so on, but the gamemode was never touched again (and will never be touched again).

(the reward pool in general isn't really attractive i'd say)

57 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

The fact that people only use it as a quick XP-Farm for weapons is 100% DE's fault.

When it was released people gave a lot of Feedback on how to improve the Gamemode and make it worthwhile,

but DE decided its good the way it is. Its a shame they didnt do more with it, because this could have easily become a great endless Dungeon-type Gamemode.

But they never addressed the main 2 problems:

• efficiency-drain gets ridiculous
  • Reward Rotation goes back to A after Zone 8

Besides that, there have been lots of suggestions on how to make it more interesting,

like including Bosses at the end of certain stages, different Modifiers and so on, but the gamemode was never touched again (and will never be touched again).

(the reward pool in general isn't really attractive i'd say)

The rewards were/are appealing to people that use them specifically for a purpose, like with most game rewards. 

I regularly sold the weapon parts. I believe most players can utilize plat, it's not exactly the most common lol. Radiants can be used in a few ways whether selling the parts inside or selling stuff from Baro depending how many ducats one has accumulated over time via cracking them.

I agree the efficiency sucks though. I can only get so far solo, but an organized group would tear it apart no problem.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The rewards were/are appealing to people that use them specifically for a purpose, like with most game rewards. 

I regularly sold the weapon parts. I believe most players can utilize plat, it's not exactly the most common lol. Radiants can be used in a few ways whether selling the parts inside or selling stuff from Baro depending how many ducats one has accumulated over time via cracking them.

I agree the efficiency sucks though. I can only get so far solo, but an organized group would tear it apart no problem.

I am beginning to think that solo players should have a 1.5x spawn rate in all missions.

I was like you at first but then I realized it's just best to work with the system or how things are. With enough (E)SO-smart they aren't such a painful experience anymore.

BTW I also max a single weapon without any booster in 2 levels of ESO if there's a nuker (2 might be a little better).

After reading all your comments, i come to a few conclusions, 1 nerf sanctuary spawn rates to slow xp gain, slow down efficiency degrade. 2 remove sanctuary altogether as its a un rewarding game mode, 3 salvage sanctuary by fixing rewards so its more investing to stay. Thats how it sort of reads. There are nice players who do solo runs not inconveniencing others but the are always the others.

A simple conclusion would be have a 3rd sanctuary space specific for leveling with no rewards (XP is the reward) or restrictions on ability use, high spawn rate at optimal lvl for xp gain (solo 1.5 spawn, squad as now) same timing as sanctuary round wise. This space you would expect players to quit early as its designed for xp leveling. Penalty to players in other game modes who quit or abort before completeing all 3 rotations of a reward, as early quitting spoils other chances to complete there rewards. 

I believe this would solve a few problems like hydron early quit sanctuary and eso quit rates due to xp, but not the other early quit due to drop table imbalance and rng luck. Would the community use this mission for leveling? If it was quick and easy answer yes nobody likes slow grind sound great yes

DE wouldn't do it because its to easy, plus somebody bound to say its boring unrewarding even though fast xp gain is the idea. nobody would play the rest of the game before getting to maximum mastery rank, Penalty would stop player choice/freedom. Problems that need addressing Either way early quitting or if they put a penalty in the system.  

Devs cannot win with XP we the players will always go where its fastest to gain. They could acknowledge this fact and just do it set something up, but how would they gate it so new players play the game first, hum form other forum posts the community is divided on the gating issue. Where would you set it mr? Quest Progress? Steel path. De themselves cannot set out what level quailfes as experienced helminth showed that.

I'm just like everyone else my heart sinks when i get a new weapon/frame/companion/archweapon and do the grind to set itup with forma. My methods are normal game modes or lich's getting there slowly or if i can grab a clan mate with a nuke build sanctuary the fast way

So many comments about Saryn and its sad but true to some extend. The only viable frames are the ones that can clear the entire map, otherwise its gonna be really hard to keep up especially if you end up alone when everyone leaves at zone 2.

Anyway if you really want to go far, only option is forming a squad or preparing to solo it after few zones... 

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Host Migrations.

That's been a problem since the start of ESO, and before. I think it's buried so far in spaghetti code it will never be fixed, but who knows.

Eventually people will leave regardless of why, so unless everyone comes to a very quick consensus, host migrations are nearly inevitable.

Archived