Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Lag With Lots Of Units/items

Guest Shibboleet

Guest Shibboleet

There seems to be severe lag in the game (only tested on defense and survival) when there are a lot of items on the ground. Such as ammo boxes, resources, and orbs.

After running an Outer Terminus to wave 55 the spawns were exiting the door at a slower pace. We kept going up to wave 80, but the lag was becoming worse with each round. By then, spawns would only come out of each door 1 at a time at around 2 per minute. We experienced fps lag along with these slow spawn times. It was starting to take an average of 14 minutes per wave.

During the survival that we did today against Grineer we noticed that after farming a high spawn spot for around 30 minutes the lag started to creep in. After about 10 minutes of farming I decided to check farther down a tunnel behind the mob of Grineer. I noticed there were around at least 40 more standing behind each of these mobs wanting to get in.

Just placing this here to see if any of the other high wave farmers have experienced this yet and hopefully get a resolution.

*Edit: Forgot to mention this kind of lag only started happening recently after a patch or two ago. We all have multithreading disabled as it seems to be crashing people, so thats not it.

Edited by Shibboleet

In order for a host to be a good host and help along his squad-mates with large amounts of AI spawning

he needs to have good RIG as well as good upload speed the faster his upload the more smooth AI animations will look as well as no precise placement of where the AI is so there wont be any AI lagging everywhere

Guest Shibboleet

We all have really good computers, the friend hosting the defense just built a new computer a few weeks ago. This lag has only really started recently...under the same conditions. There is no way we should be lagging on wave 65 on outer terminus

Edited by Shibboleet

In order for a host to be a good host and help along his squad-mates with large amounts of AI spawning

he needs to have good RIG as well as good upload speed the faster his upload the more smooth AI animations will look as well as no precise placement of where the AI is so there wont be any AI lagging everywhere

In that case, I'm afraid that i have to host most games I play. : (

I have a glorious network connection and a ok if not good rig.

Unfortunately, I'm covered in Noobsauce when it comes to this game.