Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Warframe a power-fantasy game, the enemy spawn rate should be higher.

MorteNexus13

Something that I have noticed is that when the enemies are alerted during missions, the enemy spawn rate is low, especially when I'm playing at Solo. This has also affected me during bounties, especially the missions of Liberation and helping Latrox Une, which I sometimes fail or take a lot of time by completing, respectively, because there are no enemies nearby.
At first I understood that it is to avoid experience exploits, but now that the Sanctuary Onslaught exists, it no longer makes sense to do that, especially in a power-fantasy game like Warframe where having much power but few enemies makes the game boring.
A good solution would be that when you play at Solo but with the enemies alerted, is that the enemy spawn rate should be the same as when you're playing with a full squad or Sanctuary Onslaught. For open worlds, the enemy spawn rate should increase during a bounty, and for Liberation missions, control of the area should be reduced only if there are enemies within the area.

The not enough enemies spawing during solo play and causing bounties to fail has been a known issue for a very long time.

The question actually is " do they wish to correct this or are they ok with how it currently plays out".

Edit :I would love to see more spawns in general esp in a full team. Ever had a Mesa, Sayrn, Volt and Octavia grouped?, lol things tend to not even fully spawn in.

I would like increased enemy spawns across the board. Survival wouldn't be so boring if you didn't have to wait for enemies; the same goes for Defense. I asked about scaling spawns over time on a Devstream once, but the answer was basically that there are engine limitations. It didn't make much sense to me though, considering we have ESO and now Steel Path. Enemy spawns are definitely able to be bumped up, and it would make gameplay more fun.

said this before, will keep saying it:

make a gear item that allows players to increase spawns based on the number of players already in the squad. it can be a "fake SOS" beacon that can be used up to 3 times solo, twice in a two-person squad and once in a three-person squad. by making it a gear item, it's totally optional and players control how many enemies they want to fight.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

by making it a gear item, it's totally optional and players control how many enemies they want to fight.

Technically, this setup would make it so one player can control how many enemies are fought. What happens if two players match up, one wants to fight the normal spawn rate but the other pops 2 beacons? Should the first player leave?

Would be nice more spawns on instances but it would be better if there would be alternative versions for spawns. Like normal, Steel Path one, 5x-10x spawn instances and the players could choose what they wish to play. Of course each could come with it's own rewarding (basically higher rewards for more spawns-harder enemies). Survival and Defense missions are fund if you do grouped matches and have a team who can camp in one place so the spawns not going to be messed. On publics it can be fun but sometimes the mobs focusing on one player at a time so you can sometimes get minimal amount of kills if one player deciding to go alone. 

Archived