Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star ? Formas removed?

Luciole77

35 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

oh...im 100% sure they know why its popular...and thats exactly WHY its gone now.

Hmm, perhaps so and she is just pretending otherwise. 

I will admit it struck me as odd her at least acting like she wasn't aware. Some of the developers may get so caught up in the actual development they may not be sure of the pulse of the player base, but Reb plays a lot and talks to players in game a lot and usually seems to be more knowledgeable about current player concerns and desires. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I will admit it struck me as odd her at least acting like she wasn't aware. Some of the developers may get so caught up in the actual development they may not be sure of the pulse of the player base, but Reb plays a lot and talks to players in game a lot and usually seems to be more knowledgeable about current player concerns and desires. 

Remember that DE has partnered with another company ... perhaps this change is something of the new company. The same was seen with the blizzard .... activision bought the blizzard and destroyed it completely. Unfortunately, DE may have fallen into the trap ...

vor einer Stunde schrieb cha0sWyrM:

oh...im 100% sure they know why its popular...and thats exactly WHY its gone now.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

I remember that when Plague-Star returned it was announced with these words in a Stream by Rebecca:

"Plague Star is coming back, so you can finally grind for those precious Forma again"

So yeah, they know exactly why its "popular", people just want the Forma.

Who in the right mind would believe that people run the same repetitive mission hundreds of times for other reasons like the gameplay?

Its fun for a few runs, and then its just a boring grind you might do because the reward seems worth it.

29 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Remove a event dont sound smart to me...a bad move. Warframe dont have events and you ask to remove?

DE removed alerts and put nw trash in our troat? This is/was a very bad move....i can see alot people rage quit.

Plague Star is from 2017, it is an old event , and a very overused one at that, it has seen no change in the past 3 years it has re-occured, nobody plays the event because its fun, its a forma farm, slap that forma reward on some other event, people wouldn't care if they removed the whole event.

I was making the point that this event has no place in the game anymore, and is taking the place of a better designed event, that could be both fun and rewarding.

Also nowhere did I mention NW so I have no idea what you're ranting about.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

I can't remember that Rebecca said anything about removing Forma from Plague Star, here's roughly what was said:

Chat: "Plague Star pls."

Reb: "Not this year, but some rewards will become available somewhere else."

Chat: "We want the Formas"

Reb: "Oh."

Edit: Found the specific part in the video, will add more text to the post asap.

Edit 2:

Watch 14:40 - 16:00 for the relevant parts.

Not all rewards from Plague Star "Just some"

15:28

Pablo quickly glances over the chat

Pablo: "I see something... free formas? Why would we-"

Reb cuts him off

Reb: "Oh because Plague Star gave built Forma"

Pablo now remembers that Plague Star gave built Forma, the previous statement was NOT a confirmation about removing Forma from Plague Star.

Pablo: "Oh! Right, right."

15:35

Reb: "That is not what I'm refering to"

(Built Forma are not part of the "Just some" rewards that will return later this year from something that is not plague star)

Reb: "...but I will take that into consideration... at the time. I will consider it. But it's a bit more thematic."

The misunderstanding likely comes from the short part of Pablo forgetting about the built Forma being a reward of Plague Star.

I assume, optimidtically, that she waa talking about the infested zaw parts. Which would make sense to me. 

But bless you for finding the video and setting it to automatically start at relevant time. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I remember that when Plague-Star returned it was announced with these words in a Stream by Rebecca:

"Plague Star is coming back, so you can finally grind for those precious Forma again"

So yeah, they know exactly why its "popular", people just want the Forma.

Who in the right mind would believe that people run the same repetitive mission hundreds of times for other reasons like the gameplay?

Its fun for a few runs, and then its just a boring grind you might do because the reward seems worth it.

So basically they felt plague start was hurting their forma sales so they are pulling the plug and shoving the unique rewards somewhere else. 

Sucks, I wasn't around for them, was on break from the game... so I guess I'll never even get to try the event out now. Ah, well. 

4 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

i can see a massive rage quite.

People rage quit over the dumbest things, if the formas are being removed then that just means a chunk of the playerbase won't be playing it. I have other things to do in game that are more fun than defending a cargo truck and fighting a lephantis clone. 

1 hour ago, trst said:

If they do pull the other rewards out, specifically the plague zaw parts, then new players can stop worrying about when those become available. Same for players that just want to experiment with said parts. Regardless of if the event will return at all or not without the Forma players can freely ignore it and not have to worry or wonder as to when it'll return just as we can with Thermia Fractures. And without them there won't be remotely as much FOMO regarding the event.

While not having it as a source of Forma isn't that bad in the first place as getting a stockpile of them isn't that hard to begin with. So it's really just removing a lot of headache and concerns over a lot of ifs and whens while we're not losing much in the process.

i dont think any of those are problems at all.

and as far as being concerned about getting the things...no one ever worried about it since we all knew the event would occur again. so, if anything this is causing those problems not fixing them, as now we have no idea if or when those things will be available again. its not removing headaches...there weren't any headaches to remove.....its causing headaches. no one really cared about anything other than the forma....and now instead of being able to just get a stockpile going...well either have to farm relics for hours and hours...only to then have to spend resources and be behind a 23 hour time gate PER FORMA...or buy them with plat.

and that last bit is obviously the reason theyre doing this. this isnt removing any headaches at all...its removing $$ from peoples wallets.

18 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i dont think any of those are problems at all.

and as far as being concerned about getting the things...no one ever worried about it since we all knew the event would occur again. so, if anything this is causing those problems not fixing them, as now we have no idea if or when those things will be available again. its not removing headaches...there weren't any headaches to remove.....its causing headaches. no one really cared about anything other than the forma....and now instead of being able to just get a stockpile going...well either have to farm relics for hours and hours...only to then have to spend resources and be behind a 23 hour time gate PER FORMA...or buy them with plat.

and that last bit is obviously the reason theyre doing this. this isnt removing any headaches at all...its removing $$ from peoples wallets.

Except we never knew exactly when it would have returned other than the rough 6+ month cycle and even then there was only about a week and a half window to get everything out of it before being locked out for several months again. And there have always concerns and complaints regarding time gated content especially that which was locked behind months of waiting.

While those who have everything from it already that only want the Forma need to be available for that window to grind it out all while having no idea exactly when it was going to drop until it was about it happen. And to miss that again means waiting who knows how many months for the next short notice thus the major FOMO it brought.

And trading to buy Forma outright isn't hard nor does it have to cost anything besides time.

How much bloody Forma do you people go through?

Seriously, are you guys full Forma-ing literally every weapon and Warframe in the game multiple times?

I can understand the frustration with the Kuva weapons, that much makes sense, but with the lead time between new weapons and Warframes releasing how have some people who have been playing this game for years STILL not have enough Forma? Even when I'm not playing every day logging in for 5 minutes or using the app to set up a Forma is not that hard.

Hell, if you're cracking relics to get blueprints for Forma, you also can likely happen upon parts which you could hock for enough plat to get a 3 pack.

Somehow waiting 6+ months for an event that only lasts about a week or so makes more sense than spending a bit of time playing the game to craft a few or selling some junk for a 3 pack?

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Seriously, are you guys full Forma-ing literally every weapon and Warframe in the game multiple times?

I can understand the frustration with the Kuva weapons, that much makes sense, but with the lead time between new weapons and Warframes releasing how have some people who have been playing this game for years STILL not have enough Forma? Even when I'm not playing every day logging in for 5 minutes or using the app to set up a Forma is not that hard.

Hell, if you're cracking relics to get blueprints for Forma, you also can likely happen upon parts which you could hock for enough plat to get a 3 pack.

Somehow waiting 6+ months for an event that only lasts about a week or so makes more sense than spending a bit of time playing the game to craft a few or selling some junk for a 3 pack?

Yeah?? Isn't that the goal??

Ever heard of collectionism? I want all my warframes and weapons to be viable and i kinda need forma for that

The fact that you're acting as if that's asking too much says a lot about this playerbase tbh

And it's not like this event existing inhibits people from making a forma everyday so i'm not sure what your point is. Stop playing devil's advocate pleaseeeee

Just now, Learicorn said:

Ever heard of collectionism? I want all my warframes and weapons to be viable

Then you might want to ask for actual buffs for a fair number of weapons because not even 8 Forma is making something like an Aklato worthwhile.

Some weapons don't even need 8 Forma, hell some can get away with 3-4 to be "viable".

The number of people who feel the impulse to 8+ Forma literally every weapon in the game is likely a superminority in a game already filled with a minority of players who play the same mission for 12+ hours using cheese tactics.

If you like collecting weapons and full Forma-ing them, that's great, wonderful even, but if you want things to be viable Forma isn't going to help some of them.

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Then you might want to ask for actual buffs for a fair number of weapons because not even 8 Forma is making something like an Aklato worthwhile.

Some weapons don't even need 8 Forma, hell some can get away with 3-4 to be "viable".

The number of people who feel the impulse to 8+ Forma literally every weapon in the game is likely a superminority in a game already filled with a minority of players who play the same mission for 12+ hours using cheese tactics.

If you like collecting weapons and full Forma-ing them, that's great, wonderful even, but if you want things to be viable Forma isn't going to help some of them.

Ehh tbh i don't mind using underpowered weapons, it adds to the challenge

I just want my babies to be the best they can be ❤️

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

One of my goals is to "hyperforma" every weapon, warframe, and companion in the game. When I say "hyperforma", I mean to forma every unpolarized slot to make the thing as potent as it can possibly be. Note that sometimes that does mean leaving a slot unpolarized, particularly for umbra mods, rivens, or flex mods (this is particularly the case with warframes/stances that get bonus drain from auras/stances). Usually for guns, companions, etc. it means every slot is given a polarity.

I apply aura forma to every warframe, and stance forma to every melee that has multiple stances of differing polarities.

Also note that sometimes this requires building a second frame, as hyperspecializing means less overall flexibility. For example, Volt Prime requires multiple separate copies to accommodate his wildly diverse but equally useful builds. Some people use an umbra forma or two to make all the builds "fit" in one frame, but I'd rather make multiple frames. If a problem can be fixed with plat or umbra forma, I'd rather fix it with plat.

I do this with base, prime, and other variants.

I exclusively run naramon/vazarin to bolster my affinity gain, and always have all four boosters running. I go through about 10-20 forma per day depending on how much affinity the activities I did that day pull in, but I don't do focused affinity-farm.

I hyperforma my inventory in alphabetical order, but may deviate to max out a new weapon or frame for MR. So far I'm down to "Oberon" for warframes, Pupacyst for melee, and I forget where I stand with the rest.

Before I start on something new, it gets a potato/exilus adapter/gravimag (hopefully from stock, but otherwise bought from market).

It's a fun little project, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, as a finishing touch I also apply a Lua Lens to everything after I've completed its hyperforma. I try to balance the schools out so that the weapons that are more likely to get used carry lenses for the schools I have the least focus. Come join me in farming Somatic Fibers sometime. :)

well, that kinda sucks. the only reason i really had to do Plague Star again anyway was to see how a fully-upgraded Necramech fares against Hemocyte, would've been kind of fun IMO.

I do think we're gonna need a new event soon, probably one for Deimos: the other two open worlds have events, so Deimos can't be left out.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, that kinda sucks. the only reason i really had to do Plague Star again anyway was to see how a fully-upgraded Necramech fares against Hemocyte, would've been kind of fun IMO.

I do think we're gonna need a new event soon, probably one for Deimos: the other two open worlds have events, so Deimos can't be left out.

fortuna? lol....nobody care about thermia. Its not a event...its something like very ultra lazy design...

2 hours ago, trst said:

Except we never knew exactly when it would have returned other than the rough 6+ month cycle and even then there was only about a week and a half window to get everything out of it before being locked out for several months again. And there have always concerns and complaints regarding time gated content especially that which was locked behind months of waiting.

While those who have everything from it already that only want the Forma need to be available for that window to grind it out all while having no idea exactly when it was going to drop until it was about it happen. And to miss that again means waiting who knows how many months for the next short notice thus the major FOMO it brought.

And trading to buy Forma outright isn't hard nor does it have to cost anything besides time.

ok...but none of that was "a problem" that needed fixing. maybe it was a little annoying to wait...but a problem? hardly.

and trading for any reason is is next to impossible. the trade system in warframe is complete garbage. if they would just implement a proper trade system/auction, then sure ok, but as it stands now, id rather eat my own eyes than deal with warframe trading.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

About 1.5 per day. More than the rate that my foundry can craft them without using Platinum. So yeah, at Plague Star I traditionally stock up on 30-40 to help alleviate the issue.

and Yes, my loadouts typically have about 5 forma for each piece of gear. Gotta do it if you want to fit in all the Rivens and Primed Mods.

Archived