Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star ? Formas removed?

Luciole77

6 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

fortuna? lol....nobody care about thermia. Its not a event...its something like very ultra lazy design...

Well that "nobody" are casual players so of course they scoff at anything Fortuna related. Thermia equals Exploiter which equals 12k Vox standing and now recently some Helminth stuff to feed. 

Bad design? It's just another defense mission, but the timer is too long though.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Bad design? It's just another defense mission, but the timer is too long though.

I did it yesterday once just to see how it is now... and it really is too long. I also did it when it was first released and it wasn't nearly as long as it is now. And it gives less Thermia? I remember getting something like 3 Diluted Thermia per 5 fractures. It gives 1 now? Why did they make it worse? And you can put multiple canisters in the fracture? Punish solo players much? It takes too long, it has a multiplayer-only mechanic and it doesn't seem to reward as much as it originally did.

It's not only lazy, it's not worth playing because it's legitimately just bad.

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

I did it yesterday once just to see how it is now... and it really is too long. I also did it when it was first released and it wasn't nearly as long as it is now. And it gives less Thermia? I remember getting something like 3 Diluted Thermia per 5 fractures. It gives 1 now? Why did they make it worse? And you can put multiple canisters in the fracture? Punish solo players much? It takes too long, it has a multiplayer-only mechanic and it doesn't seem to reward as much as it originally did.

Yea some online games have a few aspects that punish solo players. They want people to come together and play so I understand that, but I'm also more of a solo player so it does suck. I still occasionally do a few runs as they're easy anyways. With enough community response we could probably get it optimized in some way.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

They didn't make it worse. It was always 1 per 4 fractures. You got 1 point per fracture, and 7 for all 4, but the Thermia was just the 1 per 4. They DID make a way to do it faster though. You can put up to 4 cans in one fracture, but each one makes it harder. So if you throw 4 in one, you get 1 thermia for 1 fracture.

You have to remember that it's affected by boosters, and the Fracture event has a built in booster, we just don't get it anymore because not enough people do them.

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

But why? HoD drops all the mods already and they are not rare like Acolytes drops

The acolytes themselves, the actual characters, are coming back. Why? Because they are an interesting part of the lore that DE wants to expand on, since we haven't seen the stalker since The Second Meme.

14 hours ago, Aldain said:

How much bloody Forma do you people go through?

Seriously, are you guys full Forma-ing literally every weapon and Warframe in the game multiple times?

considering there are about 50+ frames(excluding normal ones that have a prime version) and 400-500 weapons even if you don't get all of them (I personally have about 300 +/-) and even if you don't forma all of them to the max, comanions and their weapons, archwing stuff etc
primary weapons most of the time need about 3-4 forma, secondaries about 4 minimum and melee is the least forma intensive(for a full good build you usually could get away with 2-3 forma
Also most frames don't need more then 4 forma.
So the average is something like 3 forma per item, thats very very roughly 1200 forma for me. That's for just full builds, not something crazy.
For someone who wants the very very top or changes builds or something that could easily double or triple.

39 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

But why? HoD drops all the mods already and they are not rare like Acolytes drops

it can be for a stalker mode gear item, new mods, skins...anything tbh
Let's hope they do something good with them.

14 hours ago, Aldain said:

Seriously, are you guys full Forma-ing literally every weapon and Warframe in the game multiple times?

Well yes, kinda. I'm gettin on 2k hours played, plenty of people in my clan are over the 5k hours mark. We sure as hell arn't playing the game with the same bloody setup i'll tell you that much. I try to forma every weapon i can for the ~lvl 50-60 range unless it's very very obvious mastery fodder.

An awsome token of good will DE could give us at this point is just slashing the build time for forma tbh. It's been what? 6-8 years since forma has had a 23hr build time and it's just not realistic.... you can get 3 weapons 0 to 30 in what... 10 - 20 minutes? and every weapon takes 4-6 forma to be sortie / arbitration worthy. So let me get this straight it takes like a couple hours, if i'm being lazy, to rank a weapon 4 times but allmost 2 !@#$ing weeks to BUILD the forma for that set?!. It's at the point where forma is BARELLY worth picking from a relic, faster to just flog random parts for plat or hell DUCATS. I'll take 45+ ducat parts over a forma blueprint, least a maxxed prime mod goes for a few hundred plat....

Make i'd say AT LEAST 6 hour build, so we can get a weapon / day formaed. An hour would be just to nice and i gues a minute would be Disneyland territory...

OR , the more diabolical option. Give us like a 2-400 plat / month "foundry booster" Cuts build times by 2-400%. Specially now with having to build every @#$%ing warframe all over again.....

18 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

oh...im 100% sure they know why its popular...and thats exactly WHY its gone now.

some survivals used to give built forma, they soon vanished.   no shocks here tbh, DE seem to be intent on making as much of their content as desolate and unused as possible.

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

for some of us, forma'ing all weapons including garbage ones in eso/hydron is all we have left of interest, i'm certainly not gonna go off fishing or mining.

I dont wanna sound like a downer, but if the reward is more interesting than the actual event, then there's no point in paying it in the first place. Personally, i found it too repetitive, easy, and overall boring. Its only saving grace was if I had a podcast playing in the background while doing the event... Sooooo, yeah.

18 hours ago, Aldain said:

[...]

Yes... I'm a collectionist and also one of the thing i really like of the game, is the possibility to "randomize" my equipment, and then play the mision with that frame/weapons/companion/etc...

I have almost every warframe and weapon of the game, and when it exist i have both the primed, and the regular variant (and wraith/vandal/dex/umbra/kuva/mk-1/etc...etc...etc....).

Of course for have fun with a randomized equipment you need to have them well-builded, and if you want ot use primed mod and riven, you need to forma them a lot of times. The "perfect build" usually take from 3 to 6 forma, but some weapons need 8 forma to be maxed. I usually put at least one forma for unlock the secondary energy colour (some melee could be well-builded without put forma inside, but i want to forma them 1 times)

So... yes, Forma are really useful for me...

Don't forget all the dojo weapons that require a forma just to build it.

Even if the weapon is trash, rank it up and throw it away, it's still costing one forma.  And there's probably 100+ dojo weapons need forma.

If you're remotely interested in varying your loadout and not just using the same 2-3 frames and half dozen weapons for everything (yawn, boring) then you need a metric sh!t ton of forma.  Frames typically take 2-4 forma to get a decent build, many take more than that.  My Gara has 7 for example.  And weapons usually take at least 3, again, regularly more.  As another example, I just put 9 on my kulstar (yeah, thats maybe not normal lol), kit guns and zaws typically take 5-6 though.

Then there's archwing and those weapons, sentinels and there's, pets, moas, and now mechs. 

And I've not even mentioned bloody kuva weapons which is just a forma rip off.

We're starved of forma intentionally to encourage us to spend plat.  Which I get, de is a company, not a charity.  But given the sheer volume of stuff we need forma for, removing the one event that allowed us to actually farm for it so we could experiment and make the builds we want, well, that sucks big time.

As for the line "they only said its not coming back this year", yeah, we'll see.  I have very little faith we'll ever see it again or any other event that allows us to farm forma.  I hope I'm wrong.

Last PS i farmed 100 forma the ps before 100 forma i build a forma daily, theres never enough forma. Dojo rooms take forma to build and weapons, frame, take around 3  formas average. 100 forma at bundle rate is approximately 1200plat.  you could farm 4 to 5 forma per hour so it was boring but fast, i hate relics there slow unrewarding you have to farm them to get them, then open the things plus trading is the wild west for bad deals. So yes some of use ground ps just for forma, especially after you ground it the first time around for all the other rewards,   

To counter arguments about this event being old and boring i will do you all one better what's more interesting open relics then deal with trade chat for an hour or do ISO voults or any "NEW" activity's on Cambion drift with 0.2% drop chance for good stuff or maybe just run same boring event for 3k points (per full run ~15min)  and select whatever you fancy from Nakak operation store that has everything you love&hate about open area maps (yes i'm looking at you mining and fishing) + weapons and full build forma?

warframe.x64%202019-06-15%2016-51-20.jpg

Hmm, I actually don't care, what they might be doing, as I never have enough Forma anyway, Plaguestar or not... I farmed 60 the last time, they were gone 1 1/2 months later... I wouldn't mind if they plan to capitalize more on Forma, if future new content gets released finished, functional and with a proper resource economy instead...

Archived