Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich Personality and Quirk Ideas

TheGuyver

After going through about 30 something liches, I personally have grown tired of the same two personalities over and over again and the now boring and repetitive dialogue they both have to offer. There are more issues than this at present, but it's my major pet peeve with it. 
Here are my suggestions for new personality types and quirks to spice up the liches. Some of it is still WIP, and I'll add to it as I go. 

The Gambler:
This lich variation has a fondness for gambling, with YOUR resources. It takes a percentage of your resources that it has taxed you for over the course of eliminating the lich and can either lose out or double what you were taxed.
Depending on the sort of hot water that their gambling has gotten them into, a corpus debt collection squad could spawn in the mission and force your lich out of the mission. 

Spoiler

General dialogue:
I’m looking forward to our little game, tenno!
You do all the work and I get the rewards? Sounds good to me.
Nef Anyo has been looking for me for brain shelving, but I’m less likely to be attacked trailing you. 

Taunts:
I’ll tear your warframe apart and sell the pieces to make back what I owe.
Don’t underestimate the lengths that a desperate grineer will go to get out of debt.

Dialogue after a successful parazon:
Luck of the draw, it won't happen again!

Convert:
Looks like lady luck is my favor, I'll throw my chips in with you tenno.
After that last losing streak, it seems like things are finally looking up.

Vanquish:
I gambled, and I lost, but you'll be taking over my debts tenno. A parting gift from me to you!

Logging in dialogue:
So glad you're back, I need a loan.
Tenno, so good to see you. Maybe you could help me out a bit with this loan shark. I'm supposed to be the one collecting!

Profile Dialogue:
You might have wiped me out, Tenno, but my debts are now YOUR debts! 
Do you think the debtors would be upset if I paid them off with my life insurance?
Don't be upset or anything, but you know those credits I took from you? I lost them to some guy named Darvo at a relay.

Entering Combat to assist:
Looks like a good game, mind if I get in on it?

Leaving combat:
The stakes were high, but not high enough. Call me again when you up the ante, Tenno!

One Health Bar Left:
It's time I go all in, get ready to lose Tenno!

Downing a Player:
What do you do when the chips are down, Tenno?

Killing a Player:
You gambled and you lost.

Failing a Requiem Attempt:
Outplayed, come back later so I can take more of your hard earned credits. 

If ranking to 5:
I'm on a winning streak now, nobody can stop this high roller!

Fleeing:
I know when it's time to cash out.

The Jester:
This lich variation, as the name suggests, cracks a lot of jokes and is very acrobatic. This lich archtype, though generally seen as a clown, can quickly demolish any tenno foolish enough to drop their guard and laugh at one of their many corny puns or jokes.

WIP

The Manic/Hunter:
This lich variation embraces a combat style very akin to the Grineer Manic. These lich types avoid direct combat due to weak armor, but are impossible to track once they cloak, forcing you to act quickly to bring them down before they vanish once more. 
These liches have an inflated ego and consider themselves superior and take pleasure trash talking the player while they stalk you throughout the level. 
They are not meant for quick engagements such as capture missions or exterminates, while they do they spawn in those mission types, they're more suited for longer drawn out missions such as survival. 

Spoiler

General dialogue:
You can't escape from me Tenno!
Your head will be on the floor by the time you see me coming.

Taunts:
Finally, a challenge...
My claws have been waiting to dig into that Warframe of yours, be ready, or you'll end up on my trophy wall.

You may just be worthy prey after all...

Convert:
I suppose I could show you a thing or two.
I've longed for a good death, but I suppose a good life is just as acceptable.

Vanquish:
I won't be the last, you'll be hunted across the stars!
So that hunter has become the hunted...

One Health Bar Left:
You never feel alive until you're on deaths doorstep!

Downing a Player:
Looks like my hunt is coming to an end, it's been fun, Tenno.

Killing a Player:
Your head will look great next to my Kubrodon Trophy!

Blindly swining like the animal you are. That will get you nowhere.

If ranking to 5:
I am the game master, the hunter extraordinaire! 
The next time we meet, you'll be leaving in a trophy case, and I, with the favor of the queens.

Fleeing:
A good hunter knows when they're at a disadvantage. 
Our next encounter will be on MY terms!

The Fashionista:
This lich variation considers themselves very fashionable, and you? Not so much. Many comments involve insulting your choice of fashion come from this lich and more harsh words if you're equipped with accessories related to the faction of the lich. 
Much like the vain quirk, but amplified heavily to solely focus on that, and not comment on anything else.
The vain quirk could be removed entirely in place of a new lich archtype overall, seeing as quirks are not a 100% chance. 

Spoiler

General dialogue:
The queens brought me back for a reason, and that reason is hideous. Do you really go out like that?

Taunts:
(when wearing grineer armor as a grineer lich) You wear the armor of my fallen comrades, adorning their masks as shoulder pads while prancing around in our flags as capes. You offend me. 
(when wearing grineer armor as a corpus lich) All the proxies that have been felled by your blade, you wear their desecrated remains as badges of honor. You know nothing of style, or honor.
Are you going to fight me with what you're wearing?

Careful! You're going to mess up my armor!

Convert:
Alright, I'll help you with your sense of fashion.
As long as you don't wear that color scheme again, count me as an ally.

Vanquish:
I die as I lived, beautifully. 

One Health Bar Left:
Here I stand, bloody and broken, and yet, I still look better than you!

Downing a Player:
Stay down, you look far too gaudy to get back up.

Killing a Player:
I'm doing the system a favor by getting rid of your atrocious outfit.

Sloppier than your sense of style, try again!

If ranking to 5:
Behold my radiance, gaze upon what true beauty looks like!

Fleeing:
You've ruined my outfit, I can't defeat you when I don't look my best.

The Gearhead:
This lich variation loves to mess with technology, be it grineer, corpus or orokin, they're wizkids of the technological world of the system. 
Gearhead liches love to toy with tenno by shutting them inside of rooms, forcing them to hack their way out to continue their mission. Much like Sentients on Lua, they too can disable mobile defense consoles until they're cleared out. 
On top of that, they can drop traps, activate laser grids and booby trap ammo picks up like mirage to cause a small blast and knock players down.

Spoiler

General dialogue:
As a man of science, I detest what they’ve done to me. The results however, speak for themselves. 
The longer you let me tinker, the more deadly I’ll become. 

Taunts:
A lightbulb went off when I came back, and it gave me a great idea for a trap, just for you!
You’ll be shocked when you see what I have in store. 

You’re smarter than you look, and deadlier than Cicero toxin with that primitive tool of yours!

Convert:
Okay okay, I’ll share my trade secrets with you.
As long as you don’t touch my things, we won’t have a problem. It’s sensitive tech you know!

Vanquish:
Must have been the faulty wiring.
Don’t steal my patents on my gadgets!

One Health Bar Left:
Technology don’t fail me now!

Downing a Player:
I told you to watch out for my gadgets, you were sloppy!

Killing a Player:
Brains beats brawn, hahaha!

You should have done your research, Tenno!

If ranking to 5:
Science and technology can only lead to innovation, behold the results.

Fleeing:
I must look at the data and try again...

The Veteran:
This lich variation is a battle hardened veteran who regales conflicts of old like The Gradivus Dilemma and Eyes of Blight. Their personality is one of a gruff and worn soldier, kept warm by fond memories of times and comrades past. 
They have a personal scorn towards you, for being part of the conflicts who took their comrades.

Spoiler

General dialogue:
I bet you're wondering where they dug me up, huh?
{as grineer) Tenno, you'll pay for the lives of my comrades you took during the (insert X event)
{as grineer) I survived your assault during (insert x event) and I survived you once again to become something greater.  
{as grineer) I was a leader of men in (insert x event) and now? Now I'm something twisted driven by revenge.
{as grineer) The toxins didn't kill me then, and they won't kill me. Cicero was only a setback!
(as corpus) My brother was a dropship pilot during the (insert x event) so this is personal.
(as corpus) 
(as corpus) 
(as corpus) 

Taunts:
{as grineer) The past has come back to bite you, Tenno.
(as corpus)

I won't go down that easy, I'm made of sterner stuff than that!

Convert:
I see now what I've been fighting for, you and I aren't so different. 

Vanquish:
I can finally be with my men, my only regret is not avenging them.

One Health Bar Left:
Here we are again, me on the edge of death and you looking down at me with your false sense of superiority. 
You won't keep this old dog down!

Downing a Player:
My years of experience have given me an edge, I know your tricks. 

Killing a Player:
Your tin suits won't save you from my revenge.

My resolve is strong, you won't break me so easily!

If ranking to 5:
If only I had this power back then, you would have been squashed like a bug. 

Fleeing:
A tactical retreat is a sound option....

Quirks
Mister or Miss Popularity - The lich often calls in special troops to help them due to their popularity. Upon reaching level 5 the lich has become a rising sensation in the sectors they control, bringing more loyal and dedicated followers into the mission with them at a higher rate. 
Dialogue:
Come to me, my faithful and loving fans!

Crazy Kavat Lady - For female liches. The lich will become enamored by kavats, putting them in a calm state that causes them to take more damage for the duration of the effect. The opposite of Hatred of Dialogue: That Kavat is just adorable, it's a shame about the owner though...

Pet Lover - The lich will do less damage when you're accompanied by an animal companion.
Dialogue: My heart might not work, but I'm not about to separate a (insert animal pet name) from its owner.

Berserker - The lich will gain a small damage buff when grineer within a certain vicinity are killed. Liches with this perk trade defense for offense to achieve the power boost.
Dialogue: Focus on me Tenno, you'll only put yourself in further damage by ignoring the real threat here.
Dialogue: You've slaughter thousands of us, and you're going to feel the pain of each and every single one of those deaths a thousand times over.

Iron Willed/Guardian - The lich buffs the defense of nearby grineer.
Dialogue: To me my brethren! We shall work together to defeat this enemy.

Irresponsible - The lich leaves their armor and weapons in disrepair after conflicts, causing them to have reduced damage and defense. 
Dialogue: In hindsight, I should have taken care of these dents in my armor or at least sharpened my blade.

Archived