Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shoot Me An Email When You Fix Rng

_Tox

It's RNG. You can't fix it.

see.  that's where youre wrong.  you CAN fix it.

1.  make single mods available in the marketplace instead of the 5 pack of randoms which would probably contain another reach or sentinel regen or both anyways.

2.  improve the probability that uncommon mods will spawn across the board.

3.  include an algorithm for single play that checks for un-owned mods and improve the odds of those mods dropping from bosses like hek, etc.  since this check would only take place in offline mode, the missions would be harder and thus more of a challenge to acquire, however, obtaining certain mods could occur within a reasonable time frame.

4.  restrict certain mods to certain systems.  this is good for many reasons

4.a. some of the more critical mods could be set to drop in higher level systems - so like split barrel anywhere on pluto for instance instead of being obtainable straight out of venus.  >.>

4.b. people looking for a certain mod will know where to actually farm for it instead of hearing the typical "oh its just RNG.  maybe you can get serration some time next month.  just keep playing."  FOR WHAT?!  so that I can clock like 60 hours of game play for the sole purpose of staying gimp?

4.c. it facilitates a more linear improvement of the account over time instead of relying solely on luck rolls to improve the playability of the account.

see.  there I've given you 4 good, reasonably implementable ways to fix the RNG.  all you've given me is a reason to accept what is OBVIOUSLY a broken system that makes the game anti-fun for a lot of players - not just me, believe it or not.  I see rng complaints A LOTTTTT!!!!!

edit

honestly, I have almost every single rare mod I want and it only took a few runs to get them.  RNG fails because of the SHEER NUMBER of uncommons.  it took me OVER A WEEK of SERIOUS farming - several hours per day - just to get focus.... FOCUS!  i'd say 90% of players out there want that mod.  why is it easier to get rares than it is to get uncommons?  BROKEN SYSTEM.

Edited by _Tox

1.  make single mods available in the marketplace instead of the 5 pack of randoms which would probably contain another reach or sentinel regen or both anyways.

3.  include an algorithm for single play that checks for un-owned mods and improve the odds of those mods dropping from bosses like hek, etc.  since this check would only take place in offline mode, the missions would be harder and thus more of a challenge to acquire, however, obtaining certain mods could occur within a reasonable time frame.

4.a. some of the more critical mods could be set to drop in higher level systems - so like split barrel anywhere on pluto for instance instead of being obtainable straight out of venus.  >.>

4.b. people looking for a certain mod will know where to actually farm for it instead of hearing the typical "oh its just RNG.  maybe you can get serration some time next month.  just keep playing."  FOR WHAT?!  so that I can clock like 60 hours of game play for the sole purpose of staying gimp?

4.c. it facilitates a more linear improvement of the account over time instead of relying solely on luck rolls to improve the playability of the account.

see.  there I've given you 4 good, reasonably implementable ways to fix the RNG.  all you've given me is a reason to accept what is OBVIOUSLY a broken system that makes the game anti-fun for a lot of players - not just me, believe it or not.  I see rng complaints A LOTTTTT!!!!!

edit

honestly, I have almost every single rare mod I want and it only took a few runs to get them.  RNG fails because of the SHEER NUMBER of uncommons.  it took me OVER A WEEK of SERIOUS farming - several hours per day - just to get focus.... FOCUS!  i'd say 90% of players out there want that mod.  why is it easier to get rares than it is to get uncommons?  BROKEN SYSTEM.

RNG means you cannot get the same thing or a certain thing that easily. 

Have you not play games like WoW or any other MMORPG's? Have you seen the RNG in those games? They are fair stricter in those.

I took me 1 month to get Trinity herself because RNG gave me 64 Systems 54 Helmet and Only 1 Chasis.

You don't like the randomize system better not play the game at all.

If it's broken? The game is in Beta. BETA. Get it in your mind people. THE GAME IS FAR FROM FINISH. 

That's why theres like 501425151541241251512551 Hotfixes per week. Cause they care about the community. 

It disgust me how you cannot wait for a hotfix for a game still in Beta.

edit

TLDR

1. Make the game pay-to-win

2. Make uncommon mods no longer uncommon

3. Make people reach the "I have everything what do I do now" stadium even faster

4. Prevent newbies from getting the mod they need

RNG means you cannot get the same thing or a certain thing that easily. 

Have you not play games like WoW or any other MMORPG's? Have you seen the RNG in those games? They are fair stricter in those.

I took me 1 month to get Trinity herself because RNG gave me 64 Systems 54 Helmet and Only 1 Chasis.

You don't like the randomize system better not play the game at all.

If it's broken? The game is in Beta. BETA. Get it in your mind people. THE GAME IS FAR FROM FINISH. 

That's why theres like 501425151541241251512551 Hotfixes per week. Cause they care about the community. 

It disgust me how you cannot wait for a hotfix for a game still in Beta.

it "disgust" me how you think that because other games don't believe in items being too random, that newer games should follow suit and make things too random also.

it "disgust" me how you think that because it's a beta, people in the community of players shouldn't be allowed to offer solutions to what is perceived by many to be a serious fundamental gameplay issue.

it "disgust" me how you fail to make the distinction between hotfix - which is usually implemented in order to reconcile critical coding errors - and gameplay improvement.

it "disgust" me that you fail to mention that in games like WoW, unreasonable RNG drops occur mostly for epic drops and mythic rares - not uncommons.

Edited by _Tox

TLDR

1. Make the game pay-to-win

2. Make uncommon mods no longer uncommon

3. Make people reach the "I have everything what do I do now" stadium even faster

4. Prevent newbies from getting the mod they need

1. allow players the option of purchasing those one or two missing mods that they have been trying to get for several days in a row when they get tired of trying to grind for it.  this would allow the developers to obtain more money from the players in order to expand the staff and develop new content that isn't so heavily centered on grinding, grinding, and more grinding.

2. make uncommon mods no longer less common than rares. >.>  the sheer number of needed mods in the uncommon bracket makes it a seriously unbearable pain to fill in glaring gaps when rounding out tennos.

3. develop new content that doesn't center around the concept of just simply having more stuff.

4. newbies are newbies because they're newbies.  if they want higher level mods, they should unlock higher level systems >.>

Edited by _Tox

it "disgust" me how you think that because other games don't believe in items being too random, that newer games should follow suit and make things too random also.

it "disgust" me how you think that because it's a beta, people in the community of players shouldn't be allowed to offer solutions to what is perceived by many to be a serious fundamental gameplay issue.

it "disgust" me how you fail to make the distinction between hotfix - which is usually implemented in order to reconcile critical coding errors - and gameplay improvement./

it "disgust" me that you fail to mention that in games like WoW, unreasonable RNG drops occur mostly for epic drops and mythic rares - not uncommons.

You are extremely childish don´t you think? Just listen to yourself. I have never before heard someone so in love with themselves that they post countless times in the same thread only to show complete disregard for the replies they get (I´m expecting the same to happen to me).

The fact of the matter is that you´r so called ways to FIX RNG would not fix it, rather break it. You´r choice for how RNG should work is simply to increase the probability of certain things to drop. Granted common should drop more often than, uncommon and then Rare and so forth. The thing about everything being more random is that you can in fact get the PHAT LOOT more frequently if you are lucky. Proposing to go about the way to buy good mods in packs of common, uncommom, rare is just silly cause that is in fact what you are talking about ( you didn´t use these exact words but it was pretty clear).

The reason the mods are labeled common, uncommon and rare is because some of these mods drop from multiple sources and from multiple factions making the probability that you should get these more likely than some mods that are of a specific loot table for a specific enemy (felt that this was pretty obvious but you obviously don´t know a whole lot about RNG in games). You are considering RNG by the mathematical reasoning which would implicate that it is a matter of probability set to constant of the sheer amount of drops of an item across the board. That is not the case here.

Finally take a chill pill and don´t overexert yourself, you sound like a person who won´t let anyone else speak. No one likes an attention seeker. And the fact that the game is still in BETA means that alot of things are final and that in fact you SHOULD have tolerance and in fact no one claimed you had no right to voice your opinion (just as long as your opinion dosn´t come across as being a COMMAND which it very much does).

Bye

Edited by Oktalz

too long to repost

thumbs up, my bad

edit

in my defence, it has seemed that no one could say anything to me, but that is because most people had nothing noteworthy to say - with the exception of timdevice.  further, my response to him was not badgering imo - it was simply a counterpoint to his reasoning.  a disagreement to them WITH reasons to support those disagreements.

Edited by _Tox

thumbs up, my bad

edit

in my defence, it has seemed that no one could say anything to me, but that is because most people had nothing noteworthy to say - with the exception of timdevice.  further, my response to him was not badgering imo - it was simply a counterpoint to his reasoning.  a disagreement to them WITH reasons to support those disagreements.

I have nine words for you.

Just quit the game if you don't like it