Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

C'mon DE-- oh wait, they fixed it... almost

(XBOX)Mentor0fHeroes

6 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

So your first thought is to blame DE, even though they don't control the development of the forums.

Yes, it's Invision's platform. But why would you expect the average player to know that or to know what "Powered by Invision Community" even means? It's DE's forums. Their name is on it, so it's expected that the average user would address DE with any complaints. That's appropriate. DE will forward such complaints to Invision and Invision will help fix it. That's how the line of communication works. Invision communicates with businesses. Businesses communicate with their customers.

5 hours ago, Uan91 said:

Warframe's tier list problems:
#1 A broken pic or the logo on forum, which the only purpose is link the homepage of this forums

It's not really about the broken logo forums pic. If that were the only thing wrong with forums then I wouldn't have made a post about it. It doesn't effect me and I would assume they would fix it whenever they got around to it. But this is not the first thing to go wrong with forums since the update. There appears to be a pattern forming and not the good kind.

This post isn't me saying they made a mistake in forums, this post is me saying they made YET ANOTHER mistake in forums, and the mistakes are beginning to accumulate. This isn't just about the picture, this is about the trend.

And on top of everything that has gone wrong with forums so far, don't you think messing up your own logo is a bit unprofessional, or at the very least embarrassing? I know I'd be embarrassed. If I were in charge of warframe forums and found out about this I would drop everything and fix it right away.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

It's not really about the broken logo forums pic. If that were the only thing wrong with forums then I wouldn't have made a post about it. It doesn't effect me and I would assume they would fix it whenever they got around to it. But this is not the first thing to go wrong with forums since the update. There appears to be a pattern forming and not the good kind.

This post isn't me saying they made a mistake in forums, this post is me saying they made YET ANOTHER mistake in forums, and the mistakes are beginning to accumulate. This isn't just about the picture, this is about the trend.

And on top of everything that has gone wrong with forums so far, don't you think messing up your own logo is a bit unprofessional, or at the very least embarrassing? I know I'd be embarrassed. If I were in charge of warframe forums and found out about this I would drop everything and fix it right away.

It's a broken logo. It's not that serious. It would've been better if the logo wasn't the sole focus of your post, which it is. You should've picked a better title, one that referenced this being one in a series of technical issues with the forums, and you should've mentioned those issues in this post.

Old version of the forums was perfect, IMO.

The design was still fresh/modern by today's standards, was not in need of a face-lift. Now it's pretty painful to even browse it (on mobile that is).

I really don't see the need for the change and I hope DE takes note of the feedback.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

It's not really about the broken logo forums pic. If that were the only thing wrong with forums then I wouldn't have made a post about it. It doesn't effect me and I would assume they would fix it whenever they got around to it. But this is not the first thing to go wrong with forums since the update. There appears to be a pattern forming and not the good kind.

I'm not sure how this site works on mobile but on PC it works almost 100% of the time.
Things like this (some logos doesn't show) happens all the time however it's not important. Can you post and read on the forum? If you couldn't post/read then that would be bad.
I have even checked one thread with images. It works.
So, from my PC experience, I don't see any trend.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

I'm not sure how this site works on mobile but on PC it works almost 100% of the time.
Things like this (some logos doesn't show) happens all the time however it's not important. Can you post and read on the forum? If you couldn't post/read then that would be bad.
I have even checked one thread with images. It works.
So, from my PC experience, I don't see any trend.

I agree, I personally haven’t seen very much difference on the laptop version, but other people have told me that it’s slightly worse. That may or may not be true, but it’s certainly not any better than it was before.

And as for the mobile version, trust me, it’s absolutely broken. You can’t go into account settings or check your recent posts, and notifications have been pretty buggy, and that’s not even the full list of whats wrong with it, it’s  awful.

Also, as I’ve said to a couple other people, this post isn’t really about just the missing logo, that alone isn’t a big deal. It’s the accumulation of things going wrong with forums that concerns me.

8 hours ago, Lion said:

I really don't see the need for the change and I hope DE takes note of the feedback.

The Forum software itself is done by Invision and then DE has to adapt and configure the website -- usually when this happens they're quick, but I guess COVID + vacation + post TennoCon + God knows what has affected this. They'll probably need to check and see what needs to be adapted.

Anyways, I just hope they take advantage of this to try and upload the avatars that haven't been yet (Xaku, Inaros Prime, etc).

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

To the forums, currently they aren't uploaded so if you bought them in game they won't show up here. I gotta say they've been slacking on PA glyphs for a year or so now xd

Oh, the glyphs, gotcha. I didn't even know that was a problem. Maybe I should make a different post that is just a giant list of all the forum's current problems. I might start writing them down now before I lose track and forget some of them.

Yeah, on mobile the accessibility is very limited. You’re forced to zoom out to 50% Reader View and have your phone or mobile device tilted sideways in order to expand to desktop mode, giving you the full amenities of the forum options. It wasn’t like this before, or at the very least the only options affected was certain post privileges like bullet/number points etc. Prior to the changes you could access your Profile, Notifications and Latest Staff Replies, and the forums form-fitted themselves to the view of the mobile device’s screen without breaking toward the right and portraying empty space.

This is just very inconvenient.

11 hours ago, OniDax said:

It's a broken logo. It's not that serious. It would've been better if the logo wasn't the sole focus of your post, which it is. You should've picked a better title, one that referenced this being one in a series of technical issues with the forums, and you should've mentioned those issues in this post.

1) I did mention it in the post. Not the specific issues but I highlighted the main points of what I was trying to say. You may be right though, not everyone uses the mobile version, so maybe I should have been more specific.

2) I already made a post specifically about the technical issues with forums. When I saw the broken logo I thought it would be a good opportunity to push the matter a bit farther by making a post about that as well.

rofl

This is DE's mess. People should really stop trying to push it on Invision. Invision is primarily a software company which happens to do forum software. They may be doing service packages right now, but the state of this site makes it obvious that DE like many are not paying for one. If they were it wouldn't be so broken. 

I used to use Invision on one of my forums and like other forum software it can be a pain to configure. The image error which has now been fixed looked as if it may have been a copy paste error. Which ended up pointing to the wrong location for the image. Not all that hard to believe that it could happen considering that the guy at DE probably had to look at Invision's instructions for the "new and improved" version of the mobile website. 

As to why the changes... Well someone did say that they were not warned that they were coming. Which to me means that Invision pushed them and unfortunately these forums were set up to auto update. 

2 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

Better off leaving feedback on an invision community forum since they do the forum development 

Lol. What? What Invision Community forum? This is an Invision Community forum. Leave feedback here (or, rather, in the proper feedback subforum), then DE passes that along to Invision if DE doesn't have the means of fixing it themselves. More than likely, DE has the means of fixing it themselves. You all don't hold DE responsible for anything. Again, it's not a big deal and certainly didn't require this thread being made, but DE has the tools to manage their own forums, so they should be the first point of contact for any forum issues.

19 minutes ago, OniDax said:

Again, it's not a big deal and certainly didn't require this thread being made

Ok, I know that this is an insignificant part of your comment and wasn't even addressed to me but I'd like to set the record straight. This post isn't about the forums logo being broken, although it may have seemed that way initially.

The first sentence I wrote was "First you ruin the mobile version and now this?". In other words pointing out yet another embarrassing mistake that was made on the forums website. It was meant to underline and emphasize the complaints that have already been made in regards to the most recent forums update.

I now see that my OP was not very clear, and have since updated it to better reflect the message that I was trying to convey in the first place.

That message being; the update has ruined the mobile version of forums, and even after the update silly careless mistakes continue to occur. These problems need to be fixed rather than broken even farther.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-09-27 at 4:18 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So your first thought is to blame DE, even though they don't control the development of the forums.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Yes digital extremes is responsible for their forums. Their desire to outsource PR to a 3rd party isn't a concern of the end user. 

That's like saying you experienced a physics bug and are told to complain to the middleware company that handles physics...... retarded.

Archived