Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

does the Terralyst spawn as soon as night falls, or does it take a little while?

XTROPrime

Question

I'm hunting the Terralyst Eidolon solo now.  I just had my first hunt.  I had to get my two Eidolon lures and then charge them fast.   Then I got as high as possible in the center of the map and could not see the Terralyst.   I got lower and scouted around and finally saw him walking around.  No blue light.  Nothing to pick him out from a distance.  I got near and my operator got the shield killing in. But my Zenith was still not strong enough to take out a synovia. And then he walked near a Grineer base and their heavy gunners and missile shooters got me good.   I consider this pretty good for a first time out.  I've already changed my secondary fire control  to use my 2nd mouse button instead o the keyboard so that I can switch quickly from sniper the Terralyst to blasting the Vomvalysts that show up. So my making improvements.

So my question: Does the Terralyst spawn as soon as night falls before I even have my lure ready? Or does he spawn a bit later to give you setup time?  Is his initial spawn the only time you see a blue light around him?

12 answers to this question

As soon as you enter the plains at night, fly up on your archwing and see where the blue light is showing up. That's where the teralyst spawns from. Waypoint it then go grab the lures. Also just another tip when starting out using sniper rifles is generally better as they have high base damage and crits. 

The eidolons are very gear and knowledge intensive and can seem intimidating at first. 

This is my loadout for solo eidolons and leaving these here as a suggestion 

Warframe: Oberon 

Primary: Lanka 

Secondary: whatever you want 

Melee: sarpa (with the mod shattering impact) to take down most but not all of the Eidos Armour. 

Lanka modded for crits and radiation element. 

Some other primaries that are also recommended: Rubico prime, vectis prime, kuva chakurr

If you go with the Rubico/Prime I highly suggest this mod, you can still get the same zoomed in bonus and you can see the joints easier to hit them through the scope. I use it doing hunts so much easier when you go to shoot, it's quite easy to lose a joint in all the movement while aiming.

• This augment may be rewarded after a Conclave match, regardless if the player wins or loses the match in question.
  • Beginning in Series 3, this augment can be purchased as a Nightwave Cred Offering for CrystalCred6420.

Ambush Optics is PvE and Conclave FiveShotSniper Rubico Exilus mod that decreases zoom.

latest?cb=20200502022502

Blue light is not the only clue for its spawn. Eidolon screams and has a high pitch of "WEEeeEEeeEEee" magnetic-like sound while immersing from the water, the sound comes from the direction of its spawn.

The blue light brightness is affected by effect intensity in display options. It will be more noticeable if you turned the intensity to 150+

Wow,, thank you all for your help.  It warms my heart.

So waypoint the spot he spawns(or just waypoint him), then grab your lures.

As soon as you enter the plains at night, fly up on your archwing and see where the blue light is showing up. That's where the teralyst spawns from. Waypoint it then go grab the lures.

Now why didn't I think of that? Problem solved.

when starting out using sniper rifles is generally better as they have high base damage and crits. 

I'm currently working on ranking up a Lanka after I had forma'ed it. It gonna be great!

Warframe: Oberon 

Yeah, Oberon has good self healing. I use a specter of him with Gara to do infested excavs and defenses on Pluto to get credits.  I'm currently ranking up Chroma from a forma. He already has a Orokin Reactor and I heard he's good for Terralyst hunting. My other candidate was Excaliber Umbra because he's got those Umbra mods.

Typically better to do it from the konzu bounty, get that standing at the same time

That's a good point.  Thank's for reminding me.

the Rubico/Prime

the Rubico/Prime

Thank you, Slayer.  The Lanka is what I could get right now.  Rubico Prime is in my future, especially with the mods you mentioned.

Thanks again, folks.  Appreciate all your help.

11 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

ranking up Chroma from a forma

Oh, oh no. That must've been a very outdated guide you saw. After the self damage changes chroma has fallen as the top DPS for Eidos. There's still some weapons that do self damage but they're gimmicky and need practice in order to use.

23 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

I'm hunting the Terralyst Eidolon solo now.  I just had my first hunt.  I had to get my two Eidolon lures and then charge them fast.   Then I got as high as possible in the center of the map and could not see the Terralyst.   I got lower and scouted around and finally saw him walking around.  No blue light.  Nothing to pick him out from a distance.  I got near and my operator got the shield killing in. But my Zenith was still not strong enough to take out a synovia. And then he walked near a Grineer base and their heavy gunners and missile shooters got me good.   I consider this pretty good for a first time out.  I've already changed my secondary fire control  to use my 2nd mouse button instead o the keyboard so that I can switch quickly from sniper the Terralyst to blasting the Vomvalysts that show up. So my making improvements.

So my question: Does the Terralyst spawn as soon as night falls before I even have my lure ready? Or does he spawn a bit later to give you setup time?  Is his initial spawn the only time you see a blue light around him?

lures don't spawn until it's night

Archived