complete a spy mission with manual console hacks and no alarms

10 hours ago, Zionblade said:

Ditto, same thing for me.  It seems kind of not challenging for an 'elite' challenge.  Perhaps there is something missing like higher levels, nightmare spy, or something.  Hopefully DE will shed some light on that one.

well, at least im not the only one.

I had the somewhat puzzling experience that:

* First time around I flew through the level, ignoring everything, but clearing the vaults without any alarms (and having taken the auto-hack mod out of my parazon). Didn't get the challenge.

* Figured I couldn't trigger *any* alarms, so snuck through the entire level just to be sure. Carelessly triggered an alarm on a final vault, rushed to get the data but figured that would fail the challenge, but got it that time.

So my conclusion would be that the '3 manual hacks' applies to the vaults, and the ' not triggering alarms'  on the level outside the vaults. Which is rather counterintuitive to say the least...

17 hours ago, Sarjin83 said:

I had the somewhat puzzling experience that:

* First time around I flew through the level, ignoring everything, but clearing the vaults without any alarms (and having taken the auto-hack mod out of my parazon). Didn't get the challenge.

* Figured I couldn't trigger *any* alarms, so snuck through the entire level just to be sure. Carelessly triggered an alarm on a final vault, rushed to get the data but figured that would fail the challenge, but got it that time.

So my conclusion would be that the '3 manual hacks' applies to the vaults, and the ' not triggering alarms'  on the level outside the vaults. Which is rather counterintuitive to say the least...

unless i triggered an alarm in some part of the map i wasn't even in (which i guess is theoretically possible)...this isnt what happened to me. i had NO alarms in mine, none that i knew about anyway. but i guess its possible to have an enemy spot you as you run by, and youre in an entirely new part of the map before they trigger the alarm, and if youre past wherever any doors might lock you in...you might not know about it.

but then thats bad design for the challenge...if you can fail it and not really even know. that then truns into only one way to do it with certainty...which is to remain invisible for the whole mission. and thats exactly what i did.

Okay, tried it on Earth and I got the award.  BUT, I don't think it was the location that mattered.  I 'changed' the challenge from no alarms to no ALERTS.  So, I avoid all physical contact and sight of the enemy.  A run so perfect that only the Lotus and I knew we were there.

I completed this challenge on Lua. Perfectly hacked first vault, failed second one, triggered alarms on third but hacked it in time. Somewhere along the way hacked 3 consoles, I guess 1 vault entrance, 1 data vault, again 1 entrance. Got Bloodrush melee mod.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Make the Spy mission on Lua (Pavlov). It does not have alert consoles in the general level for the enemies to trigger.

As a bonus / annoyance (depending on your stance) it does have different than average data console challenge areas (=spy section ... whatever you call'em). However, you indeed only need to complete / successfully retrieve one piece of data (with or without alarm is irrelevant). There are several locked doors within some challenge areas, and apparently these count (though there might be some RNG involved here, as I believe the challenge areas are chosen from a pool).

EDIT: Just remembered each spy challenge area was behind a locked door which needs to be hacked, at least on the level I was given by the RNG. I'm not sure hacking this console counts, or, perhaps even this is the only console which counts, if indeed this challenge refers to the general level, not the actual spy challenge areas. (Talk about confusing wording in the challenge... or, maybe the code  is indeed not doing what the devs intended)

I completed the challenge with only one data consoles hacked (I blew the others with alarms), solo.

Indeed the challenge wording should be changed, it is very confusing now.

Edited by WildPenguin82
Remembered actually got only one piece of data!
  • 1 month later...

I attempted to complete this challenge today in a group of 3. The other 2 members of the squad got the 7000 points, but I didn't. I did 2 more solo, all manual hack no alarm runs, still has not completed. Not sure what to do, really.

• 1 month later...