Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

100 missions towards ONE FACTION

Can you tell  me where the developers said that?  Because the developers said : TIER THREE - Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them).

Edited by Tempsgk

The main issue is that the event is already decided... there is pretty much nothing DE can do to make it even again... all the heavy players and clans have already picked, and there is almost nothing that will make them switch. No amount of lore, prizes, etc... unless it is so unbalanced as to blatantly unfair... I agree that people should only get the bp for the weapon they wanted if they aren't on the winning side... still missing out on a lot (potato, slot, inta-craft, and whatever the materials for crafting are). 

Simply put, not only is there sunk cost for those who worked at Grineer already (due to lore, battle prizes, whatever the reason... although i'm thinking a huge part of it is battle prizes...), but those that have invested time in Grineer have not made it harder for them to switch (need to completely offset whatever Grineer points they have...) if they wanted to. 

At this point, i'm only +20 or so Corpus... so I can still switch... and logically, it's worth it since it's almost inevitable that this event goes to the Grineer. But i think the gun is hideous... and the Grineer seem like the worse of the two lore wise imo. Oh well, maybe i'll just get myself to 50:50 and see how things pan out...

Edit: if it is +100 towards one faction... well... dang lol... although i don't read the post like that... sounds like +/- only matter for clan... I think DE should clarify as it's clearly causing some confusion

yes unfortunaly thats whats happening ppl are switching sides just to have the gun instead of the blue print. i will do corpus all the way, not being a turncoult just because i wont have to do the gun, just sucks because althou was a good idea wasnt fair from beguining

NOT choosing the easy way.

still the same question in the air.. WHAT IF:

someone has 50-50 corpus-grineer support

will they be condsidered :

A. Supporting BOTH sides and getting extra stuff..

B. Supporting NEITHER sides and only getting a melee weapon of the winning faction..

..after all.. TENNO are here to keep equilibrium.

Another event, another opportunity for devided playerbase opinions.

For me, despite the constant game crashes & insane amount of lag (which is getting beyond a joke now) it is the best event i have participated in too date, but sadly the concept soon destroyed as it has turned into nothing more than a speed run fest of which in the end i resent & cant wait for it to end.

Having to visit facebook in order to obtain this events duration time "Starting -- Wednesday, October 23 Ending -- Wednesday, October 30 at 12 PM EDT" & not having that simple piece of information provided here in this topic's OP is again a perfect example of how poorly this forum is when it comes to providing relevant & beneficial information that we, the playerbase rely on, yet once again having to visit other sites to obtain the pieces of information that should be provided in one place... here, Warframes community forum. ( I acknowledge that the events duration time is provided within the Gradivus Dilemma news article but i'm referring to the forums itself )

This topic like any other soon becomes saturated with a multitude of positive vs negative feedback, valid questions etc etc... is it really too much to ask that every now & then, DE simply provides within such topics like this, a follow up Q&A post that takes into consideration the most talked about points & repeated questions being asked & offers some answers to eleviate the same posts being made over & over & over again ?
Providing that Q&A post then becomes a perfect time to close a topic rather than waiting for it to become derailed as the playerbase's frustrations become more apparent.

Edited by Nemesis101

Another event, another opportunity for devided playerbase opinions.

For me, despite the constant game crashes & insane amount of lag (which is getting beyond a joke now) it is the best event i have participated in too date, but sadly the concept soon destroyed as it has turned into nothing more than a speed run fest of which in the end i resent & cant wait for it to end.

I think most people agree that its the best event so far. However the event was pretty much decided within the opening hours of the event.

what the f*ck, DE... you had done alright with the rewards, evened it out, reactor vs catalyst.

now all of a sudden, it's once again a onesided battle. freaking feldron and mutagen, two rare elements only obtainable fro very specific places, (feldron especially) vs pocket change.

what the hell, man. How is this fair. if you wanted Grineer to win, then why make an event at all? just come out and say you want the grineer to win.

It's meant to show their characters...

Sargas will pay anything to win, while Alad V is greedy and only cares for power and money.

I agree, this was a good idea and a fun event. However, they should have thought more about how to assign rewards and how to determine battle pay. This is of course, assuming they had no bias towards a particular outcome. Front loading rewards (by giving better battle rewards for one faction) decided the event since they considered neither sunk cost nor essentially the game equivalent of present value...

Also, the idea that the Corpus are greedy and thus won't pay much till their backs are against the wall... well, they'er businessmen first and foremost right? If so: 

1. their backs are against the wall already...

2. they forgot their econ 101...

3. they forgot how bidding for services work...

Edited by sluo912

I recognize that what I am about to say here is nothing new.

The event is unfair.

Let's look at some facts.

Spawns:

Grineer has Heavy Gunners and Napalmers on top of two other mobs that can knock you off your feet if you're not careful.

Corpus has.. well.. easy targets with near negligible defense and offense capabilities.

Rewards:

In the first few conflicts, Grineer had platinum items and special crafted materials while Corpus had credits. At this point of time, the Grineer had already gained substantial momentum in the war. The Devs then started shifting the rewards and coming up with the only fair conflict since the event started; orokin reactor vs catalyst. After that, we saw a vauban helmet bp (which many already had prior to event) and  easily-obtainable "rare" materials on Corpus's side. Both proved to be unpopular. Now, at time of writing, a new conflict offers forma blueprints on both sides while Grineer has a pretty insurmountable lead. If Corpus supporters like myself continue to support my preferred choice, I am not only rewarded with something I don't want, but I even have to build, buy an inventory slot for it and boost it myself. Even if the rewards are to follow the current conflict, i.e. similar rewards, it is too little too late. The Grineer are going to win unless the Corpus rewards get a significant overhaul.

Why should anyone continue supporting the corpus? Why would anyone?

It's meant to show their characters...

Sargas will pay anything to win, while Alad V is greedy and only cares for power and money.

I know why the grineer are ahead. Because the corpus are much easier to kill and they spawn much less technicians than the grineer spawn heavy gunners and napalmers. That's all the reason. People have choosen the easy way, no challenge at all.

No.

I choose the grineer before the event even started because i think the captive tenno should be released, in anycase you do things because of reward or "easy ways", not everyone is a mercenary...ill stick with grineer no matter the reward, but the reason behind the war.

And if you are doing corpus just fight for your cause and try to win, you dont know why an entire group do things..perhaps they decided to play a game that finally (altough flawed) tries to add some lore finally.

No.

I choose the grineer before the event even started because i think the captive tenno should be released, in anycase you do things because of reward or "easy ways", not everyone is a mercenary...ill stick with grineer no matter the reward, but the reason behind the war.

And if you are doing corpus just fight for your cause and try to win, you dont know why an entire group do things..perhaps they decided to play a game that finally (altough flawed) tries to add some lore finally.

the same way i choose the corpsus, thats not the problem, the problem is this is a unfair event........in evry way thats possible to be. just hope DE Steve at least change his mind about the prizes at the end, to those who defend corpsus we should have the corpsus guns like the greniers suporters get their guns.

This is by far the best event this game has seen. The Gradivus Dilemma gives players the two most important parts of a game and an MMO: choice and outcome. The players decisions will affect both lore and play once this event is over, in theory this is perfect, but there have been some unfortunate missteps in its application that I do believe should at least be acknowledged if not addressed. This is by no means intended to be some form of complaint but rather an objective examination of the event from the perspective of Corpus players.

The very first few invasions pitted the corpus willing to pay credits against Grineer whom offered useful objects with actual value to it. money of all kinds are not inherently valuable but are valued only with what we associate with them, therefore people were bound to pick to side with the Grineer. The greatest prizes of this event require significant investment with one faction from the player therefore after retrieving their goods from the Grineer it only made sense for people to continue to side with the Grineer leading to this one sided invasion.

As well, the Grineer have the most heavy and diversified units in the game, this means that any person whom has decided to side with the Corpus will in fact be playing a harder game than the people whom allied with the Grineer due to the hand full of different units the Corpus have at their disposal and their relative ease of disposing. 

Personally I chose to side with the Corpus out of reasons of lore, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to justify this lore as a reason not to jump ship to the Grineer who will clearly win the event and receive all their prizes alongside battle-pay. The description say "halt the Grineer conquest and enslavement of colonies." The one question that has been on most people's mind is: Who are those enslaved? Are they Corpus, or regular humans like the one in rescue missions. Personally I like to believe the latter, that these are normal humans being enslaved by the Grineer and freeing them will destroy their economic and industrial base for later extermination that freeing civilians is more important then rescuing my sleeping brothers. If it were to turn out the other way that I'm "freeing" Corpus, that I wouldn't hesitate to join the Grineer, put down the Corpus and free my brothers. The other thing is, we don't see these enslaved people, we don't see the oppression that we're are constantly told the Grineer use to achieve their goals, we only have what our minds can come up with. I think many more would be on the Corpus side alone if there were some kind of Grineer concentration camp map to play.

Perhaps if the battle pay for the first few invasions were more fair this event would have turned out more fun for everybody, but no one point made or broke this event. I would to reiterate that this is by far the most superior event the developers have brought us, thank you  Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart. I hope and pray Warframe goes a longtime and that you keep investing in this IP with your hearts and souls too. Please know that the reason people complain so much about this game or event is because they see just as much potential in it as you do and want to see it reach its zenith.

As well, the additions to the maps are awesome 

Edited by Tyre

"Why should anyone continue supporting the corpus? Why would anyone?"
Because I feel sorry for their colonies. Following the game's philosophy, I feel myself as a warrior, whose duty is to help those who need that. Corpus lie, Corpus fight for money, yes, they do. But in the meantime they are scientists, who have their homes, their families. To let f*cking Grineer destroy thouse colonies? HELL NO! For the Lotus! For the possible future alliance with the Corpus! And we have to find a solution to retrieve our Tenno brothers back.

Also, strangly, there is an unpleasent situation with Alad's transfers. I have tried only ONE Grineer mission, just to see if the level changes and to hear their propaganda (I didn't even kill any Corpus crew, ha-ha), all the other (30+ at this moment) missions were only for the Corpus, but now Alads calls my a Betrayer in the messages (it's hard for me to... a Betrayer) instead of Tenno. Why is it so? Can you change that?

I think they should change the reward for tier 3. If I support corpus, and corpus did not win, then i should get the blueprint for the detron, not the grineer weapon. The same applies for grineer side. Because the reward right now will force everyone to have the same weapon, regardless which side they choose. I want the weapon from the side that i support.

Locking thread with an FAQ that will be updated as needed.

Q1: So if the Grineer win (or Corpus), what happens to the unused faction's weapons?

They are put into the proverbial vault until further notice.

Q2: What if I do 50 missions for Corpus, and 50 for Grineer?

Neutrality will not reward you. You need to do more missions for than against a faction to be eligible for rewards. You can do 49 for Grineer, 51 for Corpus (or vice versa) and

Need more help? MiaovenWinter has your back with a more detailed breakdown! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122997-understanding-the-gradivus-dilemma-event-breakdown-confirmed-by-rebecca/