Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

I agree, but in a game like this it's frustrating to lose regardless of how well you did, and annoying to get a consolation prize that basically represents the very thing you fought against beating you. 

That being said, I don't really have a problem with how the rewards are now since it makes sense in terms of the story (regardless of how well it translates to the playerbase). However when the Grineer win (because they will). I'm deleting the Brakk blueprint because I don't like the design and, most of all, it's like coming in second place and getting a picture of the winner as a consolation prize while the winner gets a gold trophy. I'm debating on also deleting the Machette Wraith, but probably not. It looks pretty neat and doesn't carry the same insult as the Brakk blueprint. It'll probably be awful stat-wise anyway, haha, so it's not like I'll use it aside from mastery points.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty disappointed in the overwhelming support for Grineer, in terms of the story. Tenno are supposed to maintain balance, and the Grineer are constantly taking more and more places over. Helping them muscle their way into more territory is the opposite of what should be done. Yes, it is sad that the Corpus scientists gain access to sleeping Tenno, but that doesn't mean we should let their citizens be enslaved by the Grineer. Yes, the Corpus military also wishes to take more places over, but they focus more on science and monetary gain and don't expand nearly as quickly nor with such an iron fist of military might. It's much easier to keep them from expanding than the Grineer who are already all over the place. 

I respect wanting to be loyal to your fellow Tenno, but you're falling for Ruk's appeal that loyalty means saving them at the cost of the Grineer gaining even more power. A loyal Tenno will maintain balance at all costs... casualties are saddening and should definitely be avoided whenever possible, but not at the expense of the Tenno's role in the universe.

What you say would make a lot of sense if it was only the factor involved. 

Of course, some of us like to be rogue Tenno. 

Or just really want that wraith machete. 

Or don't like the corpus. 

Or find it easier to deal with Elite crewman than Eviscerators and scorches. 

Story isn't big in the game, so it isn't big in the player base, although much wanted so we can enjoy and can make decisions like this off of it. It has little over all impact on decisions I would think. 

thousand platinum bet that it wont matter in the end, that Alad dude is identical in look and mannerism to a corrupt Wall Street exec... they will spin the story no matter what happens to a Corpus victory. That guy is gonna give the Tenno who supported him weapons that dont work lol...

Doing 100 missions for the pistols was a terrible idea. This is incredibly mind-numbing doing the same mission 100 times.

Also, Corpus is getting really crappy rewards, so of course the Grineer side is going to win.

I mean, right now Grineer has a rewards for 5 Fieldrons vs 100k credits from Corpus. You can't even buy and craft 5 Fieldrons with 100k credits.

By setting my situation as example:
I fight 10 times for Corpus to get my Battle Payment Reward, then 5 times for the Grineer Batle Payment, thus reducing my Corpus' "loyalty points" to 5.

My question is, if the score is 5 Corpus / 5 Grineer, do I get both Payment rewards?

Or find it easier to deal with Elite crewman than Eviscerators and scorches. 

If you do find it easier you should fight against Grineer. Event is gonna end, and if you fought for Grineer then grineer get all those missions for them so if you ever gonna do them then sorry, you're up against Grineer. So is it better to do easier thing for one week then have hard times after that or the opposite?

Just a quick question and I want a clear answer. If I sided with the Corpus and the Grineer wins, that means I won't be able to get the Detron and I'll get the Brakk BP instead? If that's the case, I think Detron will be impossible to acquire by any player cause as of now, Grineer are so dominating. Please I need answers, thanks!

ok seriously how is this even a war? rewards alone in the payment parts are rediculous let alone the fact that i sit there and watch the grineer own all face unlike when fighting for team corpus. seriously corpus shouldnt even be a challenge for the grineer regardless of the tenno. unless all tenno go team corpus i dont even see how this is a "war". corpus have never really had an edge to begin with. now theyre just begging to die. but good effort for trying. still, i dont die from fighting corpus i die from fighting grineer. grineer FTW.

100 games.. really? only serious players playing all night well get this before it ends and casual players wont even get a chance just like past events.

pretty sure its for the duration of the event.

Do only those supporting the winners get a free weapon slot with pistol and those that arent supporting the winners don't?

:(

By setting my situation as example:

I fight 10 times for Corpus to get my Battle Payment Reward, then 5 times for the Grineer Batle Payment, thus reducing my Corpus' "loyalty points" to 5.

My question is, if the score is 5 Corpus / 5 Grineer, do I get both Payment rewards?

No

Also anyone else having lots of lag in games and the black screen at the end of the mission for like a minute sometimes?  Doesn't always happen but it seems to happen like 50% of the time.

I already have 89 missions for corpus and I'm only rank 392(wait 5 mins and I'll be rank 3000). it's really not that hard to do this in a week. 

The biggest problem is the CRAP rewards we are getting.. seriously. if my clan wasn't going corpus, I'd be all over those grineer rewards

Edited by rogarn

Winning 100 Missions is not too much, it gives rarity to the weapons instead of making them generic guns everyone carries around.

but on the other side it will be a bummer if you chose the losing side and end up having nothing.

Read the post again.... you get the blueprint for the weapon of the winning team if you pick the losing side and have 100 total runs.

Everyone with 25 runs gets the winning side's melee weapon, regardless of who you sided with.

Everyone gets a badge for 5 runs of whatever faction they have the most runs with.

Further more... if you have 49/51 it is still 100 runs qualifying you for the built pistol or blueprint of pistol.

Not sure why people are so confused, it is written pretty straight forward.