Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

I did 105 for grineer, what would happened if i'll do 100 for corpus?

Nothing at all would happen unless you do 106 corpus.

You will lose your reward, it clearly said that you will nullify your efforts.

No. Read the OP again. 100 victories regardless of the side for T3 reward and your side is decided by the number of missions you did : Corpus side if 60 corpus and 40 greneer for example.

The nullification thing is for clan reward ONLY as they take into account all the missions done by all clan members to determine the rating. As I said, read the post carefully... its not hard. This goes to all of you here asking the same question over and over again.

Edited by 101010

What it should be...

Playing 100 rounds supporting your faction should be enough to reward you with your factions weapons, no matter if they won or lost, even if its just the BP for the faction you supported.

Totally agree. It would be really nice if DE would reconsider the awards. It's a lot of invested time in the event and there's a whelk's chance in a supernova that the Corpus will win. I don't mind putting the time in but it would be great to at least get the BP at the end of it.

I did 105 for grineer, what would happened if i'll do 100 for corpus?

Your points will go from 105 Grineer and -105 Corpus to 5 Grineer and -5 Corpus. You likely wouldn't be eligible for any of the rewards.

Why you would want to try to support Corpus at this point is beyond me, even if you do the 100 corpus missions aiming to get a Boxsquare, you're still going to get the Turdgun's blueprint in the end.

i wish they would make these events last for a set amount of time for people who are too busy to play all in one or two days during the event that dont get chance to finish it coz it gets completed within 2 days of starting.

Appart from that i think this is the best event we have had so far

Missing the Tenno way here, to keep balance.

Like if the war Result is is like in the margin of 40%-60% defended/conquered , you helped to make them use so many resources that you could rescue the tennos yourself without helping the grineer.

Lotus will reward you will all 4 weapon blueprints, 2 catalysts and 2 weaponslots.

This would have been a community goal and not make the community split to support either one, but try to balance the support like the tenno are supposed to.

Your points will go from 105 Grineer and -105 Corpus to 5 Grineer and -5 Corpus. You likely wouldn't be eligible for any of the rewards.

Why you would want to try to support Corpus at this point is beyond me, even if you do the 100 corpus missions aiming to get a Boxsquare, you're still going to get the Turdgun's blueprint in the end.

Read the original post again. What you are talking about is only for clan rewards not individual rewards.

You would get ONLY THE FIRST REWARD

Omg, Stop this misinformation and read the event rules again. If he did 105 for Grineer and 100 for Corpus it means that he did 205 missions in total and supported Grineer (105>100). In that case:

If Grineer wins, he will get Grineer-branded event badge (as Tier 1 reward), potatoed Machete Wrath with its slot (as Tier 2 reward) and potatoed semi-automatic BRAKK hand-cannon with its slot (as Tier 3 reward).

If Corpus suddenly wins, he will get Grineer-branded event badge (as Tier 1 reward), potatoed Prova Vandal with its (as Tier 2 reward) and DETRON Blueprint (as Tier 3 reward).

So he would get the same like if he did 105 missions for Grineer and 0 for Corpus.

Leaderboard is only for clans competition and clan rewards.

That's all.

"If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward."

Is EXACTLY what it says in the mission description.  Therefore, doing 100 for one side and 105 for the other = only doing 5.

Period.

Anywho, I'm just sad that the people chose the Grineer.  As we've already gotten Grineer content with the planets not too long ago, you'd think people would want to throw votes towards this "new Corpus tech using Tenno". 

But what do I know?

You would get ONLY THE FIRST REWARD

Wrong. Learn to read.

"If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward."

Is EXACTLY what it says in the mission description.  Therefore, doing 100 for one side and 105 for the other = only doing 5.

Period.

Omg, Another one. You're talking about battle pay. This rule does not apply to personal event rewards which OP is asking about.

Learn to read too.

Edited by AntLion

Period.

Anywho, I'm just sad that the people chose the Grineer.  As we've already gotten Grineer content with the planets not too long ago, you'd think people would want to throw votes towards this "new Corpus tech using Tenno". 

But what do I know?

• Your clan's score requires a commitment: each member's faction rating will erode the clan's opposing faction's rating. If one member does 100 Corpus missions and another does 100 Grineer missions, they will cancel each other out and your standing will be zero with both. Coordinate.

u realy should try to read it again :(

seams obvius by now corpus wont win, even so i am fighting for corpus just would be fair if we wont win at least give us the blueprint but for corpus weapons thats what we are fighting for. Besides the prizes where extremelly unballenced start giving potatos ta beguining to greniers and credits to corpus was unfair and unbalanced all game.

Edited by Sephirodis

Actually he get the tier 3 reward any way

I like the grineer logo, but the corpus weapons are much better, I have around 40 missions each, and look like grineer are going to win, unless the rewards get better corpus side or if for both sides is always the same, like the forma just nowI like the grineer logo, but the corpus weapons are much better, I have around 40 missions each, and looks like the grineer are going to win, unless the rewards get better corpus side or be always the same, like the forma in Arval

One thing I'm curious about.  They did say complete 100 missions.   Is it only 100 missions or does it count if its more?

Lets say I complete 60 grineer missions first. Then I go on to complete 40 Corpus mission.  So now I have a total of 100 missions and according to the description I would be on grineer side.

However if I complete 60 corpus missions first and go on to complete 61 grineer mission, will I still be on the grineer side?   Or is there a limit and I will be on corpus side. Because when completing the 40th Grineer mission, my total mission done will be 100 with Corpus at 60 and grineer at 40. 

The real dilemma here is that the losing side won't get the rewards they worked for..

Agreed,

The losing side, which is going to be CORPUS should get the weapon they worked for, even if it is just a blueprint version. The event is fine except that one issue.

One thing I'm curious about.  They did say complete 100 missions.   Is it only 100 missions or does it count if its more?

Lets say I complete 60 grineer missions first. Then I go on to complete 40 Corpus mission.  So now I have a total of 100 missions and according to the description I would be on grineer side.

However if I complete 60 corpus missions first and go on to complete 61 grineer mission, will I still be on the grineer side?   Or is there a limit and I will be on corpus side. Because when completing the 40th Grineer mission, my total mission done will be 100 with Corpus at 60 and grineer at 40. 

100 missions is minimum requirement for Tier 3 reward. You can do more. Just remember which side you want to support in the end. Even if you do, for example, 81 missions for Grineer and 80 for Corpus It will be counted like you did 161 missions in total and supported Grineer.

Edited by AntLion

100 missions towards ONE FACTION.

You would have to take the 40 corpus mission away from the GRINNER ones.

60 - 40 = 20

Meaning you have only done 20 missions out of 100.

If you did 60 GRINNER and then 61 CORPUS its classed as changing sides. Meaning you have only did 1 mission out of 100.

Actually he get the tier 3 reward any way

If he doesn't have one faction at 100, he would get nothing.

Edited by ArkScarlet

The main issue is that the event is already decided... there is pretty much nothing DE can do to make it even again... all the heavy players and clans have already picked, and there is almost nothing that will make them switch. No amount of lore, prizes, etc... unless it is so unbalanced as to blatantly unfair... I agree that people should only get the bp for the weapon they wanted if they aren't on the winning side... still missing out on a lot (potato, slot, inta-craft, and whatever the materials for crafting are). 

Simply put, not only is there sunk cost for those who worked at Grineer already (due to lore, battle prizes, whatever the reason... although i'm thinking a huge part of it is battle prizes...), but those that have invested time in Grineer have not made it harder for them to switch (need to completely offset whatever Grineer points they have...) if they wanted to. 

At this point, i'm only +20 or so Corpus... so I can still switch... and logically, it's worth it since it's almost inevitable that this event goes to the Grineer. But i think the gun is hideous... and the Grineer seem like the worse of the two lore wise imo. Oh well, maybe i'll just get myself to 50:50 and see how things pan out...

Edit: if it is +100 towards one faction... well... dang lol... although i don't read the post like that... sounds like +/- only matter for clan... I think DE should clarify as it's clearly causing some confusion

Edited by sluo912

The main issue is that the event is already decided... there is pretty much nothing DE can do to make it even again... all the heavy players and clans have already picked, and there is almost nothing that will make them switch. 

True, DE should of really thought it out a bit more. In my opinion.

Personally it should of been you got what you worked for regardless of which faction won. I know I won't be doing this event again in the future unless that change is made. Most of my clan stopped doing the event when they found out about that.

I recognize that what I am about to say here is nothing new.

The event is unfair.

Let's look at some facts.

Spawns:

Grineer has Heavy Gunners and Napalmers on top of two other mobs that can knock you off your feet if you're not careful.

Corpus has.. well.. easy targets with near negligible defense and offense capabilities.

Rewards:

In the first few conflicts, Grineer had platinum items and special crafted materials while Corpus had credits. At this point of time, the Grineer had already gained substantial momentum in the war. The Devs then started shifting the rewards and coming up with the only fair conflict since the event started; orokin reactor vs catalyst. After that, we saw a vauban helmet bp (which many already had prior to event) and  easily-obtainable "rare" materials on Corpus's side. Both proved to be unpopular. Now, at time of writing, a new conflict offers forma blueprints on both sides while Grineer has a pretty insurmountable lead. If Corpus supporters like myself continue to support my preferred choice, I am not only rewarded with something I don't want, but I even have to build, buy an inventory slot for it and boost it myself. Even if the rewards are to follow the current conflict, i.e. similar rewards, it is too little too late. The Grineer are going to win unless the Corpus rewards get a significant overhaul.

Why should anyone continue supporting the corpus? Why would anyone?