Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

To those complaining that you wont get what you want - YOU WILL, so stop whining.

There has to be a consequence for picking the losing side in a war. The consequence here is that you have to get your own potatoes for the weapons and build them in your foundry using resources. Basically, requires you to play the game.

*Sarcastic mode on* - Oh dammit, how dare you DE! Making something interesting and awsome and making us whiners because we dont want to have consequences to events and want everything handed out to us easymode! How dare you! - *Sarcastic mode off*

To those complaining that you wont get what you want - YOU WILL, so stop whining.

There has to be a consequence for picking the losing side in a war. The consequence here is that you have to get your own potatoes for the weapons and build them in your foundry using resources. Basically, requires you to play the game.

*Sarcastic mode on* - Oh dammit, how dare you DE! Making something interesting and awsome and making us whiners because we dont want to have consequences to events and want everything handed out to us easymode! How dare you! - *Sarcastic mode off*

False. With the way the rewards are worded you will not get what you want if you support the losing side. If you want corpus rewards and the grineer win,you get grineer stuff,not what you sank 100 missions of time into

51 battles for grineer, 49 for corpus, and never take part in the event afterwards, hoping the corpus win.

Just as a reminder - as stated by rebecca's OP, apparently the "points" with each faction overwrite each other. So, unless I'm mistaken, if you do what this gentleman Naqel suggested, you will end up with a score of 2 completed missions for Grineer, 0 for corpus, and might end up not getting ANY reward - including the badge.

My advise is to pick one side and stick with it. While we're at it, I advise you to pick grineer, because who cares if corpus colonies will get enslaved? They would much rather see all of us Tenno wiped out of existence. I'll save my brethren instead.

Very cool. It feels like a battlefield. Good A.I.!

Playing with the Grineer, my only suggestion at this point would be to throttle back the numbers of Grineer rocket or napalm troops in play... all the effects and the screen-shaking makes it hard to orient yourself towards & spot enemy. That said, don`t eliminate them... battlefield chaos is cool too.

I also appreciate the battle taking place overhead (look up).

How long will this event be on for? Going for a 100 win mark may take a considerable period of time (1 or 2 weeks?).

Okay this is how I understand it. If I do 100 event missions, I get all rewards, 2 supercharged weapons and 2 blueprints of weapons of which faction I did not support. Correct? And if I do 5 missions the other faction, will I get the other badge as well?

Nope, as far as 100 missions go, you will NOT be getting the Detron. No one will because the grineer will win.

I sure hope we can continue the missions after 100%. I'm only 5 missions in and its alrdy at 92% >.>

So..what, we can't get both Hand-Cannons? Fine enough, moral decision is always nice.

But are they indentically same, or differ greatly? Because it's better to pick the side that give us bigger fire-power, because moral decisions don't do much in this game...

Really, if the Corpus give me a gun better than the Grineer, I better left my own fellow Tenno to die in Corpus' hands for the sake of that said weapon, whether it can be called an act of betrayal against our honor.

(And THEN they said we are honor-bound warriors)

I don't know.. Maybe IF the Lotus somehow kind enough, she can just give us the Blueprint for BOTH guns, no matter who's the winner and what side we've been helping.

But seeing how it works(?), you need to be either working for one side, and can't do the other's, at all, barring us to possibly get both reward.

Which is cool, because, again, moral decision is "nice."

But something still bothers me more...

Unlike Corpus' totally bold intention, the Grineer Empire don't really tell us what they will do to the Tenno we've rescued, right?

I bet they'll just gun them down before they can even recover. Making our effort a waste.

But that's just me, really..

It's not that both sides have ever double-crossed us or anything right? A-aside Arid Fear of course...ahah..hah..

Yeah..they're screwed no matter what we do...

So I wonder if the rewards are RNG or pre-planned. Of course everyone would rather get the Catalyst. I see a lot of people talking the role-playing angle and such, but I think the majority of the community will always pick the better reward. I really hope other operations have more even rewards, I want to see who people genuinely would rather side with.

TIER THREE - Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them).

So what you're saying I should do 50 of both sides, wait until the last minutes, and then do one to the winning side?

Son of a... Just when you played Ruk out to be a complete jerk, you go around and tell me that siding with the Grineer will FREE our Tenno, instead of letting them be captured by Alad V. Tough choice, between allowing Corpus civilians(?) to be enslaved by the Grineer, or allowing so many Tenno to be dropped into the Corpus' lap.

Screw it, Machete's cooler, and it sounds like these hand cannons are pretty similar anyways. The Grineer has my gun.

Another valid complaint is ive seen clans lose members already over this.Clan wants to support grinneer,select few want to support corpus.corpus supporters kicked or leave. this is not the path you should take on events DE, whether it was your intention or not it is a consequence brought on by this event

Here are some reasons you should be going with the Grineer for now, brothers and sisters:

- The enslaved colonies will be corpus colonies, who would very much like to see all of us Tenno wiped out of existence.

- Our brethren will be rescued by us, thus increasing our numbers and strength. Even if the grineer grow in strength, so do we, and we'll be able to take them down should the need arise in the future.

- If we do NOT take the grineer's side, our brethren will be subjected to all sorts of experiments by the corpus, included but not limited to theft of our warframe technology as well as indoctrination of our brethren.

As for the long-term consequences ingame, we do not need to know, we can take guesses. In any other game you wont know either, unless you look for SPOILERS wich is almost the same as cheating.

I hope that convinces you to join me with fighting along the grineer against the corpus.