Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10.5.0: The Gradivus Dilemma

[DE]Rebecca

I really hope DE fixes the rewards...

This event is pointless for anyone who wants the Corpus weapons.. (And on the raaaaareee chance that Corpus wins, it'll be pointless for everyone who wanted the Grineer weapons..)

You should get the BPs of whoever you spent ONE HUNDRED missions on, instead of the side you didn't want to support...

I don't think we can judge for certain if the conflict is as one sided as it appears just yet.  Yes, the grineer reward is pretty much objectively better, but this isn't the only conflict over the week.  I would be very surprised if the corpus themselves didn't offer a catalyst or a reactor, and then we'll see how quickly the balance of power shifts.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out.  I know many others who are unwilling to take sides, so its nice to see there is some form of consolation prize for those who don't go full out one side.

I hope I'm reading or understanding this wrong but I do not believe that we get both weapons for both sides the determining factor is who wins determines what we get. you side with the Grineer and the Corpus win you get the Corpus blueprint and visa versa. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am from the way I read it.

Hmmm. If I`m understanding this correctly, an Orokin Catalyst was the reward for Gradivus, after five missions (?). I did 4 before the Gradivus fight ended ("CONQUERED"). Gradivus is now over. I assume the war continues on a different planet. Is the Catalyst still available? Did I fail to earn it?

If I failed to earn it, these conflicts should take much longer to resolve - I think there was 2 hours of play time there, at most.

Aaaah - the next invasion planet is up.

This thread is moving way too fast, but gonna try to sum up what appears to be the situation.

IMPORTANT STUFF:

* This is going to be a series of little battles, with the net result being us finding out who won the war.

* Battle pay varies from conflict to conflict. Looks like the Corpus were quite willing to step up their game after losing the first battle.

* At the rate this is going, we're going to hit up each level in Mars. That's 17 battles, assuming we don't get any refights.

* If you do take part in every battle, you'll need to do, on average, about six fights per battle to reach the end-tier reward.

* There can be multiple battles at once. We had three at once early in the event, might happen again.
* According to the latest Prime Time, the sidearm that isn't awarded will be thrown into the vaults for now. It won't just be thrown out, but we have no idea when it'll show up. No word on obtaining the gun that *does* get handed out for those who didn't do 100 missions, but I expect it won't show up elsewhere for a while, either.

MAIN REWARDS:

* You will get rewards at the end of this event based on your participation.

* There are rewards at 5, 25, and 100 total missions run. They are cumulative; do 100 missions and get all three rewards.

** This can be any mix of missions. You can run 29 Grineer and 71 Corpus and you'll still get all three rewards.

* You will only get ONE of each side of the rewards. One emblem, one melee, one sidearm. You can get all three, but you will not get all six.

* The only *real* stakes you have in choosing a side are your reward at 5, if the sidearm at 100 comes pre-built, and of course your contribution to the overall results.

* Which side you are on is just a strict matter of which side you supported more. You can run whatever margin you like.

BATTLE PAY

* The event is going to be a series of smaller battles. Once the little bar goes all the way to either 0% (Corpus victory) or 100% (Grineer victory), that location is done. Payment is sent out at this point to all who qualified for it.

* To earn battle pay, you must have FIVE more missions with one side than the other. Do 5 Corpus and 0 Grineer, and you get your Corpus funbux. Do 6 Grineer and 1 Corpus, and you get paid Grineer scrip. Do 5 Corpus and 5 Grineer and receive nothing.

* You will be paid no matter which side wins.

* You can only earn battle pay for one side per battle.

* Your battle pay status is separate between each battle. When we had three going at once, you could get paid twice by the Corpus and once by the Grineer, if that was your thing.

* After a battle ends, you will be emailed your winnings. No, really, we secretly got an inbox as part of 10.5. To see it, go to your profile (click your name to the right of your profile icon in the main menu), and click on 'Inbox'. For credit rewards, you don't seem to actually get them until you read the message.

Edited by Bahustard