Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Getting Freezer Burn?

MetaWolf1337

I am not sure if there is a thread started for this topic or not but I have noticed as I am sure many other gamers have but when Frost, who by nature is perfectly suited for sub-zero warfare and uses as we all know freezing abilities, goes into a stage where there is ice or it is cold Frost still takes the hit on his shielding. Isn't that a contradiction? I was wondering if this was intentional on the GDs part or an oversight. Let me know if anyone knows whats going on with this. 

this has been discussed on here hundreds of times before, same with ember and fire resistance, the general conclusion is that just because they manipulate an element doesn't mean they are immune to it, if anything they should have SLIGHT innately higher elemental resistances towards their element.

But increasing their resistance also means an inherent weakness to the opposite element? I mean, if his shield drain on ice was lower, should he suffer more on fire missions?

thats not how resistances, nor armor works, if you take something thats fire resistant/proof, and throw it in snow, chances are its not going to be fundamentally weaker for no apparent reason.

This logic works in many other games, like fantasy games, because the ice armor or what have you is magic or similar, its literally ice acting as armor, so heat would be more effective on it. that is not the case here.

in an interesting contrast if frost is inherently cold, he should have a HIGHER resistance to fire, since the cold will cancel out / absorb heat before it can reach the point where it damages him.

funny how that works.