Best subsumed abilities for Banshee?

My Silence/Sonar Banshee:

• 265% Range
  • 207% Duration
  • 40% Strength
  • Streamline + Preparation + Zenurik + Max Arcane Energize

Silence and Sonar synergize extremely well, so now I'm looking to add a subsumed ability - I've subsumed 16 warframes so far, with 5 in my immediate queue, so most abilities are available to me.

Thoughts? :redveil:

EDIT:  Planning to rebalance Banshee to have STR, DUR, & Range

Edited by Canach
  • petrify? lowers enemy resistances, doesn't require strength.
  • lull? sleep, doesn't require strength.
  • rest?sleep, doesn't require strength.
  • radial blind?blind, doesn't require strength.
  • condemn?cc, strength affects shields gained
  • ensnare?cc, doesn't require strength.

These are the abilities that can work well with your build. Outside of that pick based on what you feel is lacking.

• Like 1

Why do you use such low strength stats? It gives some rather weak multipliers. (though still overkill for most content, but less useful than it could be) Why Preparation? Doesn't it only add some energy at the start of the mission? It just sounds like a waste of a mod slot to me, besides Banshee isn't that energy hungry even with low efficiency.

Anyways, as things are right now, i would add something like Expedite Suffering, most abilities don't seem that useful to me, not on Banshee.

• Like 2

Rest with or without augment would be good. It would let you hit the sonar weak points more easily while enemies are asleep. Lull could also work, but rest puts enemies to sleep instantly instead of over time. Rest has less range, but unless you want to put entire rooms to sleep, then I’d pick rest. 

I’d also suggest replacing preparation with something else because you can use zenurik or energy pads for energy at the start, but that’s me. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

wow...banshee die like paper....no matter what. This one needs a serious rework.

Nope, you just need a Decaying Dragon key to make a better use of shieldgating and time your Silence stuns well, that's all.

Also most importantly, 'death is the best cc'.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Eyn_Sof said:
  • petrify? lowers enemy resistances, doesn't require strength.

This is the one I've been using. Though I use strength.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Yup.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Nope, you just need a Decaying Dragon key to make a better use of shieldgating and time your Silence stuns well, that's all.

Save your breath, that fool thinks everything in the game needs changing.

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

Why do you use such low strength stats? It gives some rather weak multipliers. (though still overkill for most content, but less useful than it could be) Why Preparation? Doesn't it only add some energy at the start of the mission? It just sounds like a waste of a mod slot to me, besides Banshee isn't that energy hungry even with low efficiency.

Anyways, as things are right now, i would add something like Expedite Suffering, most abilities don't seem that useful to me, not on Banshee.

• RE: Low Strength, I could easily rebalance Banshee, as she's only 1-Forma right now. I've already been considering a more balanced build, as she does not need that kind of range - also, I was thinking more about Silence than Sonar when I did this.
  • RE: Preparation, This is an exhilus slot and Preparation makes a more significant contriubution to her kit than some other options. It's not great for everyone, but Banshee, Nova, Saryn.... 
  • RE: Expedite Suffering - That's a great thought - as ES could synergize with Sonar very well!

Thanks for posting!

Edited by Canach
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kgabor said:

This guy gets it

also movement with banshee in particular which is why she’s my favorite survival frame. Keep moving, don’t wait around.

if some group isn’t stunned and breaks your gate, FUS ROH DAH them to restore gate and keep moving.

with 4 augur set (160%) and brief respite, your 1 can restore gate for a mere 25 energy

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hokibukisa said:

This guy gets it

also movement with banshee in particular which is why she’s my favorite survival frame. Keep moving, don’t wait around.

if some group isn’t stunned and breaks your gate, FUS ROH DAH them to restore gate and keep moving.

with 4 augur set (160%) and brief respite, your 1 can restore gate for a mere 25 energy

You're speaking over my head - explain with a few more words please?

I personally am liking larva the most. You can larva and sonic fracture which goes together real nice cause they stay packed in the little ball.

It works perfectly with my heavy attack dagger Exodia brave build to keep my energy nice and topped off

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Canach said:

You're speaking over my head - explain with a few more words please?

Well the decaying dragon key part of tanking is to reduce banshee’s shields to 75.

Combine a 4 augur set bonus with brief respite gives 310% energy spent to shields. 

Fully restoring your shields restores you shield gate.

For banshee this means that a 25 energy ability restores 78 shields, which restores her shield gate if you have a decaying dragon key equipped.

As for movement, that’s how banshee has always stayed alive. Silence is a bubble of stun when the edge of silence connects with an enemy it stuns them but only for a little while. So with silence up, as long as you are moving, most things shouldn’t be shooting at you.

And by moving, I mean that stunned enemies should be exiting your silence radius, so that when you encounter them again, they will get stunned again.

Kill and move, kill and move. Play like a terrorist, you are the night haunter!

• Like 3

pillage? gives overshields and shield gating

shooting gallery  and muzzle flash, is a 2 in one cc that blinds enemies with kills

Breach surge, a cc and damage increase with dot damage

other than that you have to play banshee with your eyes open and keep moving. she's so squishy it takes a bit of effort to make full use of her which i like, is a nice refreshing feel of risk of death after playing immortal dps frames

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, (XB1)InductiveBag46 said:

Condemn, harrows sub. One press of a button for free shield gate

Using Condemn on SlowVa - sounds redundant, but actually works very well.

Edited by Canach
  • Like 1

Rest and Rage on Banshee is super fun. I've also been really enjoying Breach Surge though I could probably swap it out. She doesn't need any abilities for survivability if you know how to be attentative to your shields/parkour.

• Like 1

If you are talking about high level "Steel Path or above" you need shield gating and status cleanse for survival but if not anything else works for star chart nodes. Toxin and bombs can one shot you if your are not weary.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

wow...banshee die like paper....no matter what. This one needs a serious rework.

thats why its worth infusing survivability skill like Defy on her or maybe Shield restore/Pillage

• Like 1

If y’all are concerned mostly about survivability when in a camp mission like defense, nothing beats resonator, especially if you have really high range.

plus it protects the whole team

Edited by Hokibukisa
  • Like 1