Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profiting traders of the warframemarket

Young_Doujin

I do not avoid that. Likewise, as someone who trades rarely, I usually list my items that way because I want to put it up for sale and get it sold ASAP so I can go back to playing instead of sitting in my dojo. I'm happy to take a loss to get it over with (I don't like trading).

I don't see why someone would intentionally pay more for something than necessary.

Yeah, it doesn't matter.

Just buy the lowest selling one and sell it for higher. (if you can and have time for flipping, in case it's a popular item that you're sure will sell, otherwise don't bother)

DE messed up these prices by making everything so common.

Just buy the one you can, 1p doesn't make any difference, if these are two of the lowest prices, buy the one that hasn't been sold yet. (and don't ever fall for the 'i got offers, give me a better price' nonsense)

That is if you really have to buy and can't farm these yourself, which would be optimal.

12 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

I do not avoid that. Likewise, as someone who trades rarely, I usually list my items that way because I want to put it up for sale and get it sold ASAP so I can go back to playing instead of sitting in my dojo. I'm happy to take a loss to get it over with (I don't like trading).

I don't see why someone would intentionally pay more for something than necessary.

That my view but in warframe i hardly ever sell items just for i dont wanna make a warframe market account and the trade chat is annoying. But in othere games with AH i normaly under cut the lowest price with 50% or more  just to sell it fast why i suck at making money in games =) But hate it when a item take 1 day to sell or just sit there for days until they return to you.

Basic economics. Supply and demand inflation and scarcity . 
Even big business does it because the business model is very effective. 
So much so that an entire multi million dollar business was created off this idea "Honey."
Giving the placebo effect of you're getting the best deal be it by pennies or ect.

My first week in warframe, I was in a trade with a guy, we randomly got to talking and I told him the one frame I was looking forward to getting was Trinity pirme.

I think maybe I had just been playing the regular trinity boss fight shenanigans, trying to get that, and cursed it out so that's why.

But anyway he actually gave me the full set for free and welcomed me to warframe.

I love to trade and I always remember that experience, and is what I want the game to be like, spread the love and share the sugar. Where I haven't needed plat in a long time, guess I never really did lol, so I often tip or throw in some free items and make it a point to reply as fast as possible.

It's on all of us to make the trading experience positive I figure.

Don't think I ever listed an item that didn't end in 0 or 5. I will scroll down and look at the range, so if there is a bunch of like 17 I list it as either 15 or 20.

For items I buy I actually rarely contact the sellers, they are kind enough to contact me. Same thing there, it's either 10 or 15. And when I am looking to buy an item I like to add 5 plat from the listing for them taking their time to contact me.

12 hours ago, ALIONATED said:

Yes they do and when they do it it's called a "Sale"
smh

The problem with warframe market is everyday is a sale. Prime sets can now sell for plats in the double digits, even with maxed rank primed mods some sell them for as low as double digits (unfortunately enough) lowering its average value further and further. Players don't really seem to haggle often so won't everything eventually devalue to the point where it'd be better to just buy plats?

Just now, Young_Doujin said:

The problem with warframe market is everyday is a sale. Prime sets can now sell for plats in the double digits, even with maxed rank primed mods some sell them for as low as double digits (unfortunately enough) lowering its average value further and further. Players don't really seem to haggle often so won't everything eventually devalue to the point where it'd be better to just buy plats?

Well that's why I mentioned the brand "Honey." because with them everyday is a "sale." 
You can't fight supply and demand in a game that has the option to farm everything. 
Haggling is quite easy tbh, You go to warframe.market you whisper a guy/girl and ask if they can sell an item a few plat cheaper. 
They will either say yes or they will say no or maybe even counter offer. 
Buying plat is one perspective, another would be the motto of the game "Ninjas Play For Free."
The market isn't the problem nor players it's just known as competition

Well that's why I mentioned the brand "Honey." because with them everyday is a "sale." 
You can't fight supply and demand in a game that has the option to farm everything. 
Haggling is quite easy tbh, You go to warframe.market you whisper a guy/girl and ask if they can sell an item a few plat cheaper. 
They will either say yes or they will say no or maybe even counter offer. 
Buying plat is one perspective, another would be the motto of the game "Ninjas Play For Free."
The market isn't the problem nor players it's just known as competition

There's nothing wrong with competition it's just that literally the value of items are getting lower and lower, the statistical trend of almost every item is always going down because people are keeping "average price". Look, I buy the cheapest ones too, but isn't the market heading towards a day where people would grind for a prime mod, max rank it only to be sold at 20 plats

Thats due to supply and demand when the primed banes cam with baro a few days ago, Before he came they were worth 300-400p Maxed. 
Then when he came they went down at a very fast rate to about 50p, The difference is knowing when to buy and sell similar to a stock market which they have graphs for thankfully. 
You forget that when some one buys that undercut item the initial price is restored. because that "on sale item" was taken due too demand. That's where supply steps in.
This happens everywhere not just in warframe market. But sometimes the case is reversed "Old." Items become collectables due to the scarcity.  with high value. 
You'll see this effect in nearly every vaulting.  Will there be a day all the items are 1p? Nope and the reason is the innovation in the dev team creating new mods, frames ect. 
Creating a whole new supply and demand. 

6 minutes ago, Young_Doujin said:

There's nothing wrong with competition it's just that literally the value of items are getting lower and lower, the statistical trend of almost every item is always going down because people are keeping "average price". Look, I buy the cheapest ones too, but isn't the market heading towards a day where people would grind for a prime mod, max rank it only to be sold at 20 plats

Honestly, it might be, but there's always the option to find another things to sell if primed mods or sets aren't selling well for you. Rivens, liches, fishes, ores, arcanes...i don't know how many is your target plats in selling stuff for, but surely one of many tradable stuffs in the game can earn you the sum you need.

8 minutes ago, Young_Doujin said:

I get that and sure, it hurts the f2p model, but you're in a better position if you realise you don't really need plats that much and go for sales when something in your stock goes up in price. 

You can keep primed mods and max them if you see a serious buyer. (or keep a few maxed if you got enough resources for that, for faster trades)

There's not a lot of competition in reality because only a handful of veterans have the resources to consistently provide a supply of these mods and there will always be more demand for that. (DE just needs to cut back on the Endo drops, we got more than enough of that, plus a whole game mode-Arbies dedicated to that and at this point it's just there to bloat the drop tables and hurt the f2p economy with its overabundance)

Personally i find haggling to be a waste of time, but that's just me.

Thats due to supply and demand when the primed banes cam with baro a few days ago, Before he came they were worth 300-400p Maxed. 
Then when he came they went down at a very fast rate to about 50p, The difference is knowing when to buy and sell similar to a stock market which they have graphs for thankfully. 
You forget that when some one buys that undercut item the initial price is restored. because that "on sale item" was taken due too demand. That's where supply steps in.
This happens everywhere not just in warframe market. But sometimes the case is reversed "Old." Items become collectables due to the scarcity.  with high value. 
You'll see this effect in nearly every vaulting.  Will there be a day all the items are 1p? Nope and the reason is the innovation in the dev team creating new mods, frames ect. 
Creating a whole new supply and demand. 

True only Baro, vaulted items, and new content and the like actually have scarcity

12 hours ago, kgabor said:

I get that and sure, it hurts the f2p model, but you're in a better position if you realise you don't really need plats that much and go for sales when something in your stock goes up in price. 

You can keep primed mods and max them if you see a serious buyer. (or keep a few maxed if you got enough resources for that, for faster trades)

There's not a lot of competition in reality because only a handful of veterans have the resources to consistently provide a supply of these mods and there will always be more demand for that. (DE just needs to cut back on the Endo drops, we got more than enough of that, plus a whole game mode-Arbies dedicated to that and at this point it's just there to bloat the drop tables and hurt the f2p economy with its overabundance)

Personally i find haggling to be a waste of time, but that's just me.

if only WM had an option to show prices further than 90 days or bookmark the value you brought something, oh well buy low sell high as always in the end

Archived