Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The overreaction to plague star's cancellation for this year really shines a light on certain parts of this community

(PSN)ChaosTheNerd

11 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

On top of what the OP said, this highlights another problem about the community: They don't care about actually playing the game at all. They only care about what they get for playing the game. 

Sure, it's a looter; loot is a key component of the experience. But if the reason why those  people are upset boils down to "I won't get free stuff this year" then they are way past the point of finding enjoyment in the game itself and maybe should move on from Warframe.

Lol the game would be dead. 

I noticed it happening for at least a year. Some conflict about a chat ban, it blew up in the forums for month. Witch hunts against Youtubers not liked by other Youtubers and their fans. Public drama quittings about a 'content drought' before quietly crawling back and so on. So far every update at least since Fortuna was followed by lots and lots of public drama.

Personally I think some of the mentioned Youtubers discovered that drama generates clicks, so they stirr it up at every opportunity.

12 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

So where do plague zaws/arcanes go? Deimos?

Everyone talking about Forma when this is the actual issue. There's exclusive content riding on this event. If the event is delayed, so is the access to this content. 

If DE wants to move these arcanes and zaw components, we'd like to know where, and when.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Hmm, I don't get all the commotion... Plague Star was a once a year event (same as Acolytes) and we already had it this year... Stay sane, people, don't let the panic everywhere nowadays get to your heads...

We had Plague Star twice in 2018. The problem with these recurring events is that they aren't scheduled like Ghouls or Buried Debts, so they fall victim to the Nightwave problem. Still waiting on the second relay reconstruction after how many years? Plague Star may just as well end up like that event and be forgotten about.

I don't get why people are surprised that this is the reaction of many players. Anyone who's been playing Warframe a while knows that the "overreaction" here has plenty of evidence to happen.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The tell for me was the 200 page roar pre-nerf thread. I believe it was page 81 when they made the second announcement with the roar adjustment and MR change and everyone flipped lol. It was hilarious.

Yes, it truly is hilarious that MR 8 is an experienced player. And yes, it is hilarious that thinking a Disposition added to a multiplicative final damage buff makes it less desireable. Treating Roar and Eclipse like they are Rubico Prime Riven Mods is so funny.

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

We had Plague Star twice in 2018. The problem with these recurring events is that they aren't scheduled like Ghouls or Buried Debts, so they fall victim to the Nightwave problem. Still waiting on the second relay reconstruction after how many years? Plague Star may just as well end up like that event and be forgotten about.

I don't get why people are surprised that this is the reaction of many players. Anyone who's been playing Warframe a while knows that the "overreaction" here has plenty of evidence to happen.

On the goddamn spot. Unless it's automated, it'll hardly be maintained. And if not maintained it ends up being forgotten.

Once the exclusive rewards are relocated (Zylok, Ignis Wraith, Plague zaws, etc) there's little to no hope. Since there's little distinction between "backburner" and "trash bin" when it comes to DE.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb (XB1)MetalxPhoenix:

Just look at that one post someone made picking on DE because the forums didn't show "Warframe" at the top left.

That's a pretty dishonest way to portray that thread. The reason that person was upset about the logo missing was because it was part of a series of failures with the forum redesign which included dark theme not working, the certificate expiring and the mobile version still being garbage.

21 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

That's a pretty dishonest way to portray that thread. The reason that person was upset about the logo missing was because it was part of a series of failures with the forum redesign which included dark theme not working, the certificate expiring and the mobile version still being garbage.

It's funny isn't it? A meta complaint about a portion of this community that's by design bringing a different portion of the community together to point fingers. Real classy.

17 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

On top of what the OP said, this highlights another problem about the community: They don't care about actually playing the game at all. They only care about what they get for playing the game. 

Sure, it's a looter; loot is a key component of the experience. But if the reason why those  people are upset boils down to "I won't get free stuff this year" then they are way past the point of finding enjoyment in the game itself and maybe should move on from Warframe.

Bingo!!!.....I play on the PS4 and belong to two Warframe Communities....I can't count how many times I see "I'm new or just started....and it's Taxi me here or there, I need Free Plat, can someone give me Prime Parts, have a spare Special Mod.....but never see or hardly see "Explain the game I just started", opening a planet and need help with x-mission to finish planet....they're all about speed running and planet hooping for specific gear and items riding the coattails of others to get them thru.... 

20 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

People are only mad cause the built forma and eh i just do a day of relics get a bunch of forma bp and build daily, forma isn't that big of a issue to get and i can't muster to play plauge star to bother getting the forma due to it being the worst mission in the game.

Agreed mostly. The worst mission of the game is either Profit Taker or Isolation Vaults IMO. But otherwise, yes, I couldn't even motivate myself to login last time Plague Star was active because it's really boring... I got a copy of the Zaw BPs, Zaw arcanes, Sacrifice, Snipetron, Ether Dagger. I don't really care about the built forma as much...

1 hour ago, Psianide73 said:

This is ALL about the the forma, and anyone that's complaining about the situation and stating it isn't about the forma is lying to themselves and everyone else.

Dunno mate. The forma is nice, but I've always seen these events as a reason to break my stride so to speak. They provide a neat little distraction and since they have a really clear objective that's vastly different from the regular activities I can see why I am doing it. It's not like the ghoul invasion, because to me that was always pretty much, just another bounty (and so frequent that let's face it, it's not a special event in my mind). 

I mean even the summer event, saw me playing a fair bit this year, even though I had already gotten all the rewards I wanted last year. If they took out the built forma, I'd probably still run it a fair bit, just because it's something different to do. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Yes, it truly is hilarious that MR 8 is an experienced player. And yes, it is hilarious that thinking a Disposition added to a multiplicative final damage buff makes it less desireable. Treating Roar and Eclipse like they are Rubico Prime Riven Mods is so funny.

Yea, or having to make decisions based around whether you want a short burst of irrational angry people now, or a more aggressive and prolonged angry person later.

I'd personally take the former as well lol.

I am not surprised on anything at all. While I think the major complaint is the forma and the infested zaws but those will be somewhere else to be obtain. If not that also a thing but DE is famous on their unorganized working methods. They promise stuff and they delay or forgot it or scap it (in some scenarios that happend) and then they need to apologize because they failed to keep their words.

The game is long ago a mobile game with pc requirements but with mobile monetization and most of the players play the game for rewards and the 'seemingly' minority plays for fun. I did not tried the plague star because was not looked interesting at all but I skipped a lot of timegated events because I do hate when somebody want to rush my progression. Also many stuffs are put in time and cash gates while other contents are just existing in a void. They do remove some content time by time but they also add content islands the god know only why so.

With the Tencent buyout we could see maybe some changes but the developement line will be the same as before maybe some extra monetization stuff but nothing else. Sadly not a good publisher bought out them who demands the sheldues and keeping the promiese. DE mostly needs someone who say stop to them and forcing them to finish one stuff right then start a new when everything polished enough and for bonus touched the old content also. 

The community in other hand is diverse and there are a lot new, casual, hardcore minden people, there are also many who loves the game and the devs, only the game, or critizing them or just beign angry because the years taught them to see the devs differently.

I am not blaming anyone and not really bothering with those whom negative with the devs or the game if they can critize them politely or have enough proof for their views. What I think is the devs should play their game more and not using the whole community for playstest because a non professional playtester can give them false or partially correct infos only. They could solve a lot of problems if they are not out of touh with the game and with the community. 

On my side the PS is just an event what not interests me and I simply farmed forma bps from my playtime and bought a lot too so I do not have problems in the next 10 year.

22 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

So where do plague zaws/arcanes go? Deimos?

probably, its their historic method of making their latest unpopular thing relevant, like arcanes moving to eidolons when ppl got bored of poe in a few days.  They also tend to make things relevant or a forced requirement to make future events (that will predictably suck) like they did with scarlet spear when railjack was predictably unpopular/deserted.

Guessing an upcoming event will include mechs as a forced requirement given nobody uses them other than to mess around or show off (the same joke operators became).

This is because most of the people that play this game ARE children. Which is why listening to the community too much, which DE has always done, is a really bad idea. The majority of the community has absolutely no idea what makes a game fun. They just want you to give them more toys. And if you do anything to take those toys away or, gods forbid, nerfbalance them, they react like spoiled children and throw a temper tantrum. Because that's how you treated them by always doing what they told you too.

Basically every part of the game that gave it any substance has been surgically removed, because DE listened to all the whining children that couldn't deal, and didn't want to learn to play. So, now we have modern Warframe. A game that has no purpose beyond grinding and farming. Because who needs intrinsic rewards, like well thought out game mechanics, when you can just shower your players in extrinsic rewards instead?

Don't forget the constant attempts by people to drag down those who may *gasp* enjoy the game while *gasp* also acknowledging its problems. You'll get called a shill or a white knight and dismissed. These interactions drove me off this game for years. 

Archived