Jump to content

Can we add some telegraphing for energy/health leeches?


Recommended Posts

In the same vein as the recent changes you made to grenades, can you please improve the ability to locate leeches?

It could be a locator pin, or just a tether between you and the leech. I would rather it's not an audio cue (my least favourite part of Disruption), but that would still be better than what is basically nothing at the moment. 

I hate that the only indication that there's an energy leech is when I hear the "insufficient energy" noise. 

Edited by 3mptylord
typo; leach -> leech
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Liches already get a waypoint, different from the one for Thralls.

Mind, making that one stand out a bit more, I wouldn't say no to.


... or, wait, are you actually talking about Energy Leech / Parasitic Eximus units?

If so, very big yes, those should've received proper visual indicators (and / or LOS requirements) from the start.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Liches already get a waypoint, different from the one for Thralls.

Mind, making that one stand out a bit more, I wouldn't say no to.


... or, wait, are you actually talking about Energy Leech / Parasitic Eximus units?

If so, very big yes, those should've received proper visual indicators (and / or LOS requirements) from the start.

 

5 minutes ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Please define leaches. I'm not trying to be a jerk; there are almost a dozen enemies that fall under the general term of leach/leech. There are subspawned enemies, Deimos enemies, and eximus units all that fall into the category.

Any enemy that drains your health/energy.

I'm not referring to a specific unit - I'm referring to an effect. As far as I'm aware "leech" is a prefix/suffix that many enemies can have - but what they do is the same, and I'm asking that they should all be given a telegraph.

Edited by 3mptylord
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3mptylord changed the title to Can we add some telegraphing for energy/health leeches?
2 hours ago, 3mptylord said:

 

Any enemy that drains your health/energy.

I'm not referring to a specific unit - I'm referring to an effect. As far as I'm aware "leech" is a prefix/suffix that many enemies can have - but what they do is the same, and I'm asking that they should all be given a telegraph.

Personally, I don't think they need to be any more obvious than the general aura that all eximus units have. However, an indication of their range would be appropriate. A light circle on the ground around them (similar to interception points) would fulfill both the range and location indication. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So many times i've been surprised to see my energy almost gone because the HUD gives me NO warning of my energy being drained. What with all the hundreds of things taking place on my screen, at least make it flash and a small sound effect to indicate the drain.

Also, Ancient Disruptors need to be telegraphed and a way to counter them/dodge efficiently.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2020-09-28 at 10:17 PM, 3mptylord said:

In the same vein as the recent changes you made to grenades, can you please improve the ability to locate leeches?

It could be a locator pin, or just a tether between you and the leech. I would rather it's not an audio cue (my least favourite part of Disruption), but that would still be better than what is basically nothing at the moment. 

I hate that the only indication that there's an energy leech is when I hear the "insufficient energy" noise. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I get to know that my energy is drained by energy leech only after not being able to cast my ability. Recently a long run ended up being a chaos when we were all energy sucked by an enemy who knows where it was, this is very problematic if they are stuck below the map/wall for god sack.

Leeches have 15meter range and its difficult for us to spot and prioritise in long run.

DE has to do something about this. Through waypoint/equipment/mod/focus school passive whatever will work.

BTW this was requested to DE long back by someone and it went not being addressed, I don't know if they will still consider paying attention on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been asking for a change like this one for years. Years
Visible tethers, stolen energy/health given back after you kill the eximus, the leech ability only working when the mob has line of sight...

It's crystal clear DE isn't interested in addressing this at all.

Edited by Nok-Rntha
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nok-Rntha said:

People have been asking for a change like this one for years. Years
Visible tethers, stolen energy/health given back after you kill the eximus, the leech ability only working when the mob has line of sight...

It's crystal clear DE isn't interested in addressing this at all.

Aye, but they've been against adding other on-screen indicators too - I was hoping that (perhaps) now was the time with all the other UI improvements they've been making lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 2020-11-02 at 1:04 AM, 3mptylord said:

Aye, but they've been against adding other on-screen indicators too - I was hoping that (perhaps) now was the time with all the other UI improvements they've been making lately.

Interesting. I hope they get to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...