General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Amalgam Furax Body Count

TheArcSet

Pretty sure the Blast portion of Mirage's Sleight of Hand is also not working as intended,
i.e. the thing that's supposed to punish enemies when they get lured to consoles, only to then get CC'd.

When you use the ability nowadays, enemies rush towards alarm consoles, without getting actually stopped from raising alarms,
so, especially in combination with setting off hostile-to-Tenno traps on Corpus tilesets, it's turned into kind of a trolling / griefing tool.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-08 at 11:41 AM, (PSN)platinumceiling said:

Hey we shouldn't be suprised. Ivara's skirt was ruined when Fortuna came out and stayed that way on PS4 until a couple of months ago. It took multiple years for them to fix it.

As much as that doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it's no excuse for letting something like this fly "under the radar" for so long.
I'm going to continue pinging and posting until this issue is acknowledged, at the very least.

@[DE]RebeccaThis isn't meant to be a targeted message at you or the staff, I just want to know if this issue in its entirety is known - and if it is, is it a priority to make work in its entirety? As the mod still says it knocks enemies down, while it only applies one stack of Blast Status. This does not knock enemies down.

• Like 2

Amalgam mods where introduced for weapons with low usage stats to give them a second breath - DE changes a fundamental function of how one of these mods works, making one of its described feature totally invalid - DE is informed about it and still has no fix for it. 

I guess Furax Wraith isn't only forgotten by the players. 

• Like 5

On 2021-02-18 at 1:34 AM, bubbabenali said:

Amalgam mods where introduced for weapons with low usage stats to give them a second breath - DE changes a fundamental function of how one of these mods works, making one of its described feature totally invalid - DE is informed about it and still has no fix for it. 

I guess Furax Wraith isn't only forgotten by the players. 

The very least they can do in the face of this error going unfixed for years is acknowledging it, but we haven't even gotten that. It speaks to the widening disconnect between player feedback and DE's level of response and frankly - it is disheartening.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2020-10-23 at 2:42 AM, z3us32610 said:

This has been a problem since the first changes to status came earlier this year. Sooner or later, someone at DE needs to at least signal they are aware of the issue.

This is my biggest issue with this bug and ones like it. There is little to no sign of even acknowledging they're aware of it so we can't gauge a proper response.
Even as of Call of the Tempestarii Hotfix 1, the mod is still broken. The only sign I see of them even having seen the threads about this is that my own thread about this bug has been made into a redirect to this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I dusted my Amalgam Body count mod on my furax today only to discover that it doesn't do what its advertised to do. Seems that this thread

Is still true.

Melee kills do not knockdown nearby enemies. Please fix.

• Like 2

Not only one bug but two, many launchers arent effected by the advertised boost in AOE.

This includes the acceltra, basmu, kuva bramma as well as several others.

On top of the knockdown not working please have this mod use the same weapon list as firestorm so that all launchers will work with it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This has still not been corrected or even addressed. There's even a newer thread referring to a separate older thread around the same bug. Can we finally get some eyes or even a dev response to a long-standing and dead easy bug to reproduce. As I have repeatedly said, Arcane Eruption is perfectly capable of performing a knockdown-only effect with a different trigger - why can this not be either transposed or adapted to fit something that previously worked? Also, its secondary effect of increasing the blast radius on launchers should be changed so that it applies to all primaries/secondaries with a blast radius on them, barring any that Firestorm/Fulmination or their primed counterparts cannot be used on.

How can this bug be reproduced? Simply use a Furax-family weapon with the Amalgam Furax Body Count mod equipped and perform a melee kill as stated, it will proc blast up to 6x on targets within range instead of them being knocked down - which is the advertised passive effect on the bottom of the card and was what took place before Melee 3.0 dropped (which changed the effects of the blast status).
What was happening before the issue started? The mod functioned near-perfectly before Melee 3.0's changes to the blast status were introduced, knocking down enemies within the radius when a melee kill was performed.
Can you provide your build and game settings? They are irrelevant to the problem at hand, this occurs regardless of PC, Console, only depending on the use of Amalgam Furax Body Count. If necessary I can provide them, but considering the all-encompassing nature of this bug I doubt it would matter.
What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client? It happens whether I am solo, as a host in a squad or as a client in a squad.
Can you share any images or a video of the bug? I will attempt to publish a short video or few showing the effect of this once I finish work today.
Making sure the issue still occurs in the game's current version is important so that we can be sure we aren't chasing old issues. The issue hasn't stopped being there since it was introduced, it remains an issue to this day in version 30.6.1.
The crash reporter is irrelevant to this issue, as it does not cause a crash. It causes the incorrect application of status as a result of a certain Amalgam mod.

AmalgamFuraxBodyCountMod.png

Right, videos.
Two options for now.
First, AFBC in solo: 
https://streamable.com/a6cyds

Then, in a squad as a client:
https://streamable.com/iu8ter

Side note, being able to properly embed Streamable etc would probably be a nice addition.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

"Amalgam Furax Body Count" says: 

• Melee kills knockdown enemies within 15m

Well, yeah, it used to. Now it applies a blast proc. 

"Thunderbolt" and "Concealed Explosives" used to knock enemies down, because THAT'S WHAT EXPLOSIONS DO. 

Now, they do 250 blast damage which is borderline useless. (also, i'm testing and they seem to apply blast procs but really randomly... even tho wikia says they don't) [ALSO. it applies self-stagger but does nothing to enemies? what's this? why? do you understand how explosions work?]

{Your bulletjump does 100 blast damage, fyi.}

PLEASE, DE, BRING BACK THE OLD BLAST PROCS. OR AT LEAST FIX THE DESCRIPTIONS. and make it consistent, at least? if it staggers the player, it should stagger the enemy AT LEAST??

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Tsoe said:

null star augment say hello ( was my favorite thing on nova)

i thought about adding it, but it's not relevant to the post. the description says "does blast damage and applies proc", it doesn't say anything about knocking enemies down so i didn't add it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

How about you stop whining about having all your self-harm razors taken away, and get your butt out there on the battlefield and fight the enemies like a REAL Chroma

i did laugh XD

can i complain about afterburn?

• Like 3

On 2021-10-24 at 2:57 AM, TARINunit9 said:

How about you stop whining about having all your self-harm razors taken away, and get your butt out there on the battlefield and fight the enemies like a REAL Chroma

Real Chromas use Eclipse :)

On topic: I hope this mod is fixed and applies to more than the old "specialized launchers" and applies properly to weapons with radial attacks.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...