Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proteas 4th, give it a "Xaku like" buff and i would use it.

(PSN)ForNoPurpose

i just gotta say.. not digging it.

so far i find much greater benefit in replacing it..

i wish it fully refunded the cost to use or rewound the duration of her other abilites that were active before anchor was cast..

imagine if you could keep out your turrets a bit longer by rewinding their duration..

anyways yeah.. i just find the ability to be too much of a gimmick to be useful, and the long rewind duration is more annoying to actually use. not sure what the general idea was with TA.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

imagine if you could keep out your turrets a bit longer by rewinding their duration..

i've been also asking for that, but for all of her abilities 

when casting temporal anchor any active abilities on rewind will have their ability duration reset back to what they were originally

i mean the temporal anchor can rewind combo counter, why not abilities?

I would love it if this was the case, would add some additional synergy.

Its a good survivability ability for sure but just this week when I played with her I couldnt help but think "man wouldnt it be cool if my turrets stayed on while I was using my 4th?". Its essentially time manipulation after all. 

On 2020-09-29 at 12:51 PM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

i've been also asking for that, but for all of her abilities 

when casting temporal anchor any active abilities on rewind will have their ability duration reset back to what they were originally

i mean the temporal anchor can rewind combo counter, why not abilities?

And I have been asking for all things to be rewinded. At the moment she could rewind energy, ammo, health and combo counter.
There are many weapons that would benefit from rewinding:
- weapons with special timer and/or filling requirement (e.g. Telos boltace, Sancti castanas)
- weapons that you throw and they stay on the ground (e.g. Zenistar, Javlok and other spears)

- (not sure about it) weapons that stores some stuffs and release it on some action (e.g. Tatsu)
There are probably some other things that would benefit from it... but I don't remember them on the top of my head.

On 2020-09-29 at 1:34 PM, NovusKnight said:

TA is an incredible skill if you wont leave an area for a while, especially in endgame. It can make protea entirely unkillable  if used right. It just isn't something you will use to move faster or deal damage, hence people underappreciate it.

I don't remember where TA would make me unkillable. It's helpful and is useful in some cases but when an enemy hits you you rewind yourself, get knocked down and get killed by another enemy. That's something very different than "unkillable". It's a torture.

22 hours ago, quxier said:

And I have been asking for all things to be rewinded. At the moment she could rewind energy, ammo, health and combo counter.
There are many weapons that would benefit from rewinding:
- weapons with special timer and/or filling requirement (e.g. Telos boltace, Sancti castanas)
- weapons that you throw and they stay on the ground (e.g. Zenistar, Javlok and other spears)

- (not sure about it) weapons that stores some stuffs and release it on some action (e.g. Tatsu)
There are probably some other things that would benefit from it... but I don't remember them on the top of my head.

I don't remember where TA would make me unkillable. It's helpful and is useful in some cases but when an enemy hits you you rewind yourself, get knocked down and get killed by another enemy. That's something very different than "unkillable". It's a torture.

Have you tried putting her dispenser down before or right after hitting her 4th? Then when you travel back you'll have health orbs waiting for you. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Have you tried putting her dispenser down before or right after hitting her 4th? Then when you travel back you'll have health orbs waiting for you. 

Ok, but how does the 1-2 orbs makes me unkillable. Sure, with right build it might help... but I don't see how it could make me unkillable.

On 2020-09-30 at 4:22 AM, (XB1)SirMilkfiend said:

In theory it's meant to be Protea's ticket to spamming her toys with no worries for energy but in practice she loses energy due to energy orbs being reverted on expiry, even if you pick up energy orbs during the rewind they end up lost at the finish point.

In theory and in practice.

I think asking for Temporal Anchor to freeze Protea's ability durations is absolutely unnecesary, Protea essentially has 0 ability costs while Anchor is running, I don't see a reason why she should have even more powerful turrets or longer lastings ones.

9 hours ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

I think asking for Temporal Anchor to freeze Protea's ability durations is absolutely unnecesary, Protea essentially has 0 ability costs while Anchor is running, I don't see a reason why she should have even more powerful turrets or longer lastings ones.

Activation costs 100 energy.

4 hours ago, Colyeses said:

And, as mentioned earlier in this thread: any energy income while TA is active is forfeit upon rewind.

Sure, while TA is active your energy will be reseted to the energy before activating TA -100 energy (unmoded).
But you are still wasting 100 energy.
And, as you said, any change of your energy will be discarded. So it's harder to get an energy.

Not in practice I've played her many times. If anything TA has anti-synergy with her 3 as everything picked up during TA gets erased at the end. If TA is set up anywhere near the dispenser or even if dispenser is on it's rewind path those pickups will be wasted. The best use for TA I found was using forced finishers to pump up it's final blast but even that was underwhelming because of it's small base size and the fact that finishers interrupt her flow of spamming. It's just not a good fit for her kit the way it is now.

Archived