Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher Stuck Checking For New Content

D00I

Question

2 days ago I decided to get back into Warframe, downloaded the update and played for a bit. Next day, boot it up, clicked the optimise button because I was going to do something else for the day and now that it's finished the launcher is stuck checking for new content. I checked task manager to see if anything was downloading, nope. I left it on overnight in vain hope that if I just waited long enough something would happen, 12 hours later and still nothing. Pls halp

7 answers to this question

you can look for information as to what's wrong by reading the Launcher Log.

this can be found at:
%Localappdata%\Warframe\Launcher.log
or
Appdata\Local\Warframe\Launcher.log

no, i am not saying paste your Log into the Forum. read the Log and use your common sense looking for messages that sound like something isn't working right. any errors you're looking for will probably be close to the end of the Log.

3 hours ago, D00I said:

2 days ago I decided to get back into Warframe, downloaded the update and played for a bit. Next day, boot it up, clicked the optimise button because I was going to do something else for the day and now that it's finished the launcher is stuck checking for new content. I checked task manager to see if anything was downloading, nope. I left it on overnight in vain hope that if I just waited long enough something would happen, 12 hours later and still nothing. Pls halp

Reboot your modem/router. It might be an IP block as the game's DDOS protection sometimes latches onto a legitimate player's IP address. Does a VPN or mobile hotspot work? If so go to www.whatismyip.com and make a note of your current address. Now shut down your modem/router until that site shows a different address and it will fix it.

Archived