Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel needs the Xaku treatment

DeeDeetheSpy

Honestly, would be nice to just see his abilities, 2, 3, and 4, have their energy costs removed and be just purely dependent on his consumed enemies. Taking out of their HP to stay up instead of energy. I really want to play him but he is just so clumsy and a pain to use. If anything especially his 4. The ability is a ton of fun but generally weak compared to other AOEs. It is pretty much better to use his 3 because of how it scales.

His 3 doesn’t cost energy. His 4 only costs energy when the enemies in his stomach are depleted. 
His 3 is not a better damage option than his 4. Just because it scales doesn’t mean it’s better. It’s still weak because it’s a single hit and it needs to directly hit an enemy. His 4 can hit multiple times.

The thing Grendel really needs is changes to how his 1 drains energy. Individual infinite scaling energy drains per enemy is far too punishing.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

His 3 doesn’t cost energy. His 4 only costs energy when the enemies in his stomach are depleted. 
His 3 is not a better damage option than his 4. Just because it scales doesn’t mean it’s better. It’s still weak because it’s a single hit and it needs to directly hit an enemy. His 4 can hit multiple times.

The thing Grendel really needs is changes to how his 1 drains energy. Individual infinite scaling energy drains per enemy is far too punishing.

Thank you for the correction. 

Either way, his energy demands are just... too high.

Grendel should be the most OP frame in the game if you take effort to acquire = reward as the mantra (I mean that was their reason for the Xoris nerf was it was to powerful for something you got for free no effort).

He requires:
- full starchart completion 
- Arbies to get the location of the parts
- pain in the but no mod missions that are all long and cant really be run solo

IMO his 1 needs to be inverted and give him energy like Nidus. have the initial cast be a bit energy hungry but the more enemies the more energy you get (food gives you energy) as an over time gain rather than a % return like Nidus. Then probably make his other abilities need a bit more energy to use causing you to need to eat more. That one change could make him the power house he should be being one of the hardest frames to get. That or switch him with rhino (or one of the new frames that could be more god like and give grendel to a new boss early in the SC). 

3 hours ago, Kaiune said:

Grendel should be the most OP frame in the game if you take effort to acquire = reward as the mantra (I mean that was their reason for the Xoris nerf was it was to powerful for something you got for free no effort).

He requires:
- full starchart completion 
- Arbies to get the location of the parts
- pain in the but no mod missions that are all long and cant really be run solo

IMO his 1 needs to be inverted and give him energy like Nidus. have the initial cast be a bit energy hungry but the more enemies the more energy you get (food gives you energy) as an over time gain rather than a % return like Nidus. Then probably make his other abilities need a bit more energy to use causing you to need to eat more. That one change could make him the power house he should be being one of the hardest frames to get. That or switch him with rhino (or one of the new frames that could be more god like and give grendel to a new boss early in the SC). 

I like the idea of his "digesting" giving him energy to feed his other abilities

I felt like Xaku was great even before the upgrade, so Im kinda surprised Grendel hasnt gotten a treatment aswell seeing as pretty much nobody plays him as far as I can see. Of course the barrier to aquire affects it a lot but still I know theres people who just cant be bothered to get him in the first place. 

He is tanky for sure, some say in par with inaros but I think thats probably too much. But hes abilities are kinda meh.

His ultimate could be fun tho if done differently. If it was easier to control or had more visible effects and CC, like bile/toxin leaking out spreading to enemies. The cannonball augment should just be default too. 

This is my idea to rework Grandel, All is base on original concept of Grandel.

1.Feast - As Grandel all ability base on grandel need at least 1 enemy in his belly. To make Grandel lost his energy for every enemy in his belly is like torment for his skill than profit. You can cc 1 enemy or kill 1 enemy easily, so Grandel feed 1-2 enemy is mean nothing as skill, It's was some miscalculate that make all feed enemy cost energy. So my idea on this skill is, Give Grandel base number of enemy that profit him than tortment. IMO - If Grandel feed 1 enemey > this will give some slowly Energy Regen, Feed 2 Enemy > This will make his energy stop regen but not lost energy on keep them. Form 3 enemy so on > This will make Grandel lost energy overtime by exponential curve upon how many enemy feeding. This will make his 1st ability really profit him, not do it cause we need enemy in belly just for use other skill.

2.Nourish - As i always say, Skill Wheel is bad idea.Especially when skill that you need to keep recast by order not just use as your wish. Same as Nourish, we want to keep recast all buff but end up you need to do is roll the skill wheel over and over and over. It's was not comfort for fast pact fight. I'm suggest to put the buff together in 2 form. Push for give Both Attack and Defend buff for duration in exchange, this buff will act like Aura form Grandel not member direct buff, So if player out of Grandel buff range it's will be off. And Hold to give both Shield and Health Regen overtime buff for duration, Same this buff act like Aura to limited it usage. Need to say near Grandel to keep buff up. By god sake this will remove annoying skill wheel.

3.Regurgitate - As a skill 3 this thing is weak and useless. If you want toxin projectile that deal some toxin damage. You can mod your gun for it! this skill really no profits as skill at all compare to how energy was used. (It's same as Xaku's Deny, and same to many direct hit skill in this game without any special effect it's really not much worth to use) So make this skill, Push to vomit enemy, same to original idea, But enemy that was vomited out will act like debuff spot, It's give toxin and corrosive aura form it for some duration. Grandel can do it at 3 spot cap. How can somthing form belly out without corrosive form acid! and Hold to buff toxin that move form Nourish.

4.Pulverize - I know that DE love meatball idea for Grandel. But As we know this skill is too far weak and really... it's just for fun than useful. Unless you use it to move faster.... Ok here is my idea. Please make Grandel's meatball form got 2-3m pull in aura while roll (not active while stand still), This will make any enemy that Grandel's meatball run pass will pull to stick on him. (with some aura range we no need very accuracy to hit them directly - Think about meatball act as snowball!) Each enemy that stick to Grandel's meatball will cause Grandel a bit more energy lost. But as long as Grandel still rolling, Enemy that stick with him will constantly get impact damage. If Grandel end up to hit the wall or object with fast enough speed. (may cause form roll in some range or use Augment mod to do so) On Grandel hit the wall this will cause AoE blast damage form hit spot. It's also sent all enemy that stick with Grandel to fly aways like projectile, If enemies are crash to other enemies around, it will also cause Impact damage to them (if they still alive) and enemies those who got hit by them.

On 2020-09-29 at 12:24 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

His 4 only costs energy when the enemies in his stomach are depleted. 

It's wrong. It takes energy and even energy consumption increase over time. However you can "reset energy consumption" by eating enemies (just jump).

4 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Jump on enemies to eat them in ball form?

No.
You ate some enemies. Go to your "ball form". You have enemies inside you (I don't remember where the UI show this). You jump few times. By doing this (jumping) you damage enemies. You should be able to damage enemies (they would have less HP), hence the Grendel will eat enemies faster.

Archived