Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You have broken their ranks and they are on the run....

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Extermination missions were changes to spawn extra enemies, because in the past there were cases when people had to wait up to 5 minutes for enough enemies to spawn to reach the required number of enemies to kill. This still sometimes occurs in infested extermination missions in which you may need to wait at the end of the missions for 1-3 groups of enemies to spawn to finish the mission. The dialog might be nonsense but at least there isn't 5 minutes of afking in every missions now.

5 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

This still sometimes occurs in infested extermination missions in which you may need to wait at the end of the missions for 1-3 groups of enemies to spawn to finish the mission.

And still happens like every second time in low-level nightmare mission.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Can we pls update Lotus

Well... I doubt Ordis is capable of changing the way Lotus speaks right now :clem:

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

The dialog is old

This. All of it. We can push it down to blaming Ordis - Lotus is gone and he is just playing recordings of her he feels are most fitting for the mission in question. But, I do believe the entire community would greatly appreciate an update on this topic. Big yes to increased content awareness. Being in tune with the updates in general.
Would it be too difficult to record Ordis lines solely for this transition period? Sure, in the future, people will just pass from quest where you detach from the Lotus, to the quest where she comes back, so contracting a voice actor to do a whole new segment for just that in-between time might not seem too reasonable. But on the other hand, it has actually been years since the entire community floated in that split second of lore and rather annoying glitched, mechanical voice following them through every single thing they do.
There's no better time than the present to refresh the audio feel of the game.

I'm not even referring to the fact that Extermination got fixes to spawn extras

My point is its a Void Fissure the enemy has no 'ranks' to 'break' because they're mindless ghosts streaming out of the void.

Attempting to exterminate them is a futile mission; the fissure itself would need to be sealed to accomplish anything, a point the Lotus seems to gloss over.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-29 at 3:26 PM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

My point is its a Void Fissure the enemy has no 'ranks' to 'break' because they're mindless ghosts streaming out of the void.

Our stated mission is against the regular enemies, the same as if there were no Void Fissure present. It doesn't matter for those purposes if the Corrupted are still popping out of the Void -- as long as the Grineer/Corpus/whoever force has gone into retreat, our "exterminate" mission is accomplished.

From the point of view of the Lotus, if we collect Void Traces/use the Reactant to open Relics while we're at it, that's our concern -- but that's not the objective of the mission we've accepted.

If you encounter non-Corrupted enemies who still stand and fight after the Lotus has declared the enemy to be "on the run", you may consider them stragglers, or perhaps a small rearguard left by a larger enemy force which is presently withdrawing.

1 hour ago, OmegaVoid said:

Our stated mission is against the regular enemies, the same as if there were no Void Fissure present. It doesn't matter for those purposes if the Corrupted are still popping out of the Void -- as long as the Grineer/Corpus/whoever force has gone into retreat, our "exterminate" mission is accomplished.

I could accept that explanation... if Only the regular enemies counted on the mission kill total.

But as it is you can totally ignore them and kill nothing but Corrupted and the mission will register as completed.

-noted that Kuva Siphons have the same issue; on a Corpus Exterminate mission the teleported Grineer increase the mission counter....

Archived