Which warframe farm is the worst, and why is it Trinity?

Now that Helminth system sent us back to re-grind all of the warframes - can we maybe talk about how some of the supposedly basic grinds are absolutely horrendous?

Equinox crafting gimmick was funny, maybe, for first 5 minutes after her release. Ever since then, it's obnoxious wall of RNG to get not 3, but 8 different parts from the same boss, and then suffer full frame crafting time on her 2 forms. Why can't she be just a 3 part frame like others? Just why?

And then there's Trinity. My god, the Trinity farm...

Ambulance reborn was nice enough as an event. As boss fight, it's horrible on so many layers. You hack an Ambulance, and then you wait, and wait, and wait... and then you hack another Ambulance... And then 2 more. Exciting, totally not time consuming drag at all.

But wait, there's more! 20 arbitrary keys to even enter the bossfight. That means after each boss attempt, you need to go and seek Ambulance to recover from severe brain trauma the fight induces in Pluto missions. 2 of them, actually. Where do they spawn? That's the beauty of it - they don't. They may arrive at any dropship at random. They won't though, because #*!% you, that's why. Enjoy your Trinity farm.

Remove the key requirement - the fight is horrible enough as it is.

• Like 15

I would say that the farm for Nidus is much more annoying if RNG is not on your side. Although it would be nice to remove the key requirement. Honestly doesn't bother me too much since you could just go to wave 5 on a defense mission for the ambulas spawn for 5 keys.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Where do they spawn? That's the beauty of it - they don't. They may arrive at any dropship at random. They won't though, because #*!% you, that's why. Enjoy your Trinity farm.

Remove the key requirement - the fight is horrible enough as it is.

The Animo Beacons drop from Ambulas that come on the Drop Ships, there is a timer in between spawns, i believe was 5 minutes, if you reach a Tileset that has Dropships before that timer it is very likely that Ambulas wont be attached to it.

I have over 1K Animo Beacons, every time i have 1~3 lvls left to level on a piece of gear instead of going hydron and leaving early i do Oceanum in Pluto. I used to catch 1~3 Dropships per mission, each with the chance of having an Ambulas because of the time i spent in between mission consoles so i used to get a lot of Animo. It used to be an Ice Planet tileset, now its a Corpus Ship so there are no longer drop ships.

• Like 2

I know how to "farm" the beacons. Thanks, guys. I actually had surplus back from event, that gave me some slack on the farm.

That doesn't answer the question - why are those keys even there? What's the reason for them, what's the need? Trinity is a starchart Warframe, and part of the "core" roster each player should have. Yet her acquisition can easily be compared to advanced farms like Nidus or god save me, Hyldrin. Why? It's stupid event leftover on a stupid boss.

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 3
55 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

And then there's Trinity. My god, the Trinity farm...

While I completely understand the reason you tried to wipe the memory of Harrow farm from your mind, a topic like this should probably still mention him (or, rather, his Systems)

The Ambulas beacons are really not a problem: while you do need 20 to start, you get 10 of them refunded on success. And all you need to do to re-gain the 10 missing ones is 10 waves of defence (guaranteed, no RNG involved) - hardly a huge ask.

The fight itself is, in my opinion, one of the better boss fights in the game. It's definitely more engaging then the usual "find the boss - shoot the boss twice - go to extraction" pattern. And while the narrative elements seem somewhat out-of-place outside the event, they do provide a bit of lore and are miles better then the usual "Here is a guy we don't like! Go kill him!" mission brief.

• Like 2

Hu... Trinity is on the easy side of droppable warframes it's still a star chart boss drop, one if the latest, in par with saryn. Ash, harrow, khora, nidus, mesa, grendel, just to cite a few, are much harder to farm, drop, and craft.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

I know how to "farm" the beacons. Thanks, guys. I actually had surplus back from event, that gave me some slack on the farm.

That doesn't answer the question - why are those keys even there? What's the reason for them, what's the need? Trinity is a starchart Warframe, and part of the "core" roster each player should have. Yet her acquisition can easily be compared to advanced farms like Nidus or god save me, Hyldrin. Why? It's stupid event leftover on a stupid boss.

Trinity is outdated

Plenty of better frames now that can not only Support, but also deal damage.

Also Ambulas fight is fine. At least this farm is based on player skill, as opposed to worse ones like Nidus where it doesn't matter you're at the mercy of RNG.

• Like 1
8 минут назад, (NSW)BalticBarbarian сказал:

While I completely understand the reason you tried to wipe the memory of Harrow farm from your mind, a topic like this should probably still mention him (or, rather, his Systems)

I'm not mentioning Harrow because I separate starchart frames from the rest. Look at the list of those frames carefully.

You get Excalibur and Mag - starter frames. You get Loki for basic stealth. You get Rhino as basic tank. You get Frost for basic defensive playstile, and Ember as basic damage dealer. All of those frames are relatively easy to acquire, and take NOTABLY less resources to craft than more exotic frames like Harrow or Nidus.

Basically, planetary bosses serve as a source of starter roster of frames. Once you have that starter roster, it's that much more comfortable to go after more anal non-traditional grinds.

Where things get messed up is the "basic support" frame. That would be Trinity, and maybe Equinox. Both are disproportionally harder to farm than the rest of planetary frames, for no real reason. 

Edited by Serafim_94
3 минуты назад, (PS4)haphazardlynamed сказал:

Also Ambulas fight is fine. At least this farm is based on player skill, as opposed to worse ones like Nidus where it doesn't matter you're at the mercy of RNG.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wait, you're serious?

• Like 8
13 минут назад, Zekken159 сказал:

Dude, chill out. Besides, Saryn also required the key system on Sedna. So why aren't you making an argument for her instead?

Because those keys are easier to farm, and the boss itself is much less of a S#&$show. Though TBH, those keys have no reason to exist either.

• Like 1
54 минуты назад, (PS4)haphazardlynamed сказал:

Yeah really

Ambulas fight goes pretty smooth with a coordinated team, actually one of the better boss fights atm. Since you actually do stuff instead of just shoot a bullet sponge. Pretty fun.

Dude, you must really like mobile defense missions then...

I much prefer bosses that either actually have me do something, like Orbs or Ropalolyst, or those that don't waste my time like, well, every other starchart boss. Ambulas fight consists of nothing but waiting for timers to expire. It's longer than most other planetary bosses, while failing to be remotely active. And then it's further extended by searching for beacons. Overall, that makes Trinity farm disproportionally longer than any other planetary boss fight (with exception of Equinox). Yes, longer than Saryn. What's the reason for that?

Edited by Serafim_94
  • Like 4

Trinity is easy - it's just boring. I think that the 2 minutes is meant to be a defensive phase - but the spawn density is practically non-existent, and the enemies that do spawn are trivial. 

Mesa requires farming a specific resource and then waiting an hour PER ATTEMPT - again, just time consuming.

Nidus is frustrating due to the low drop chance and also the fact it's only a C rotation reward. It's also a mission type that a lot of players don't enjoy - so forcing players to complete 4 rounds and not even be near-guaranteed a part puts him high on my list of worst farms. My friend bought him the first time, and also bought the copy of him to feed to Helminth (although for the second copy he bought the starter bundle and says it was good value just for the Platinum and Warframe slot alone).

I wouldn't mind Equinox so much if the Aspects only had a 12 hour craft time - it's ridiculous that it takes 3 days to craft a component. 

To answer the question:

• For me - my least favourite frame to farm has been Simaris reputation (i.e. no individual frame - just all of them). Why can't we just have the option to replay quests? 
  • I would imagine that a lot of players would say Ivara is the worst - (a) the parts are C rotation drops from Spy missions, which a lot of players and (b) one of the parts is exclusive to Lua Spy missions, which even a lot of players who like Spy missions hate. 

Edited by 3mptylord
  • Like 1
11 минут назад, (PS4)haphazardlynamed сказал:

Well, there's your problem, you're Searching for Beacons.

quit stressing over that, let them accumulate naturally.

Change of mindset and you might actually start enjoying things.

Why are those keys there? Why are they required? Sure, it was an event thing. Event is long over. Why are keys still here? What "fun" do they add to the game?

Yep, Trinity is the worst, Ambulas fight is absolute trash. You're literally just sitting through timers doing NOTHING without any way to speed things up and without any rewards on top of trinity parts. Even parazon mod doesn't drop in assassination lol. Also, if we count beacons farm it might take longer per roll than regular 20 minutes C rotation because dropship in Defense frequently arrives without Ambulas.

Khora, Harrow and Trinity are basically plat-locked frames because Khora has unreasonably tiny drop chance and the other two are locked behind "content" so awful that you'd better off just farming plat. But at least Khora farm gives a little bit of rewards as compensation for wasted time and Harrow farm, while taking place in the worst mission, is at least somewhat engaging because you can speed it up.

Nidus farm gets too much hate though. Rotations are relatively quick and you can turn your brain off and enjoy slaughtering hordes of infested.

Edited by Kefirno
2 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Ambulance reborn was nice enough as an event. As boss fight, it's horrible on so many layers. You hack an Ambulance, and then you wait, and wait, and wait... and then you hack another Ambulance... And then 2 more. Exciting, totally not time consuming drag at all.

It´s AMBULAS, not AMBULANCE =D

Hacking an ambulance would be interesting, but probably not going to happen.

Equinox was my most hated grind, followed by Ivara (I hate spy) and Mesa (Alad V key barrier).

Trinity....went quickly for me at least.

54 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

I'm not mentioning Harrow because I separate starchart frames from the rest. Look at the list of those frames carefully.

I've never seen people separating "starchart frames" from "non-starchart frames" before, and it looks to me like you are stretching the definition to fit your narrative.

What makes a frame a "starchart frame" and what makes a boss a "planet boss"? Would Vey Hek, Lephantis and Ropalolyst be "planet bosses"? Why/why not? And if they are, how do the respective frames fit in your "basic frame" classification? For the matter, where does Valkyr fit?

It looks to me that you just have a boss fight you don't like and are trying to explain why that fight should not be there. There's nothing wrong with admitting to just disliking a boss!

• Like 1
10 минут назад, (NSW)BalticBarbarian сказал:

I've never seen people separating "starchart frames" from "non-starchart frames" before, and it looks to me like you are stretching the definition to fit your narrative.

What makes a frame a "starchart frame" and what makes a boss a "planet boss"? Would Vey Hek, Lephantis and Ropalolyst be "planet bosses"? Why/why not? And if they are, how do the respective frames fit in your "basic frame" classification? For the matter, where does Valkyr fit?

It looks to me that you just have a boss fight you don't like and are trying to explain why that fight should not be there. There's nothing wrong with admitting to just disliking a boss!

Would you say that, say, Mag and Nidus have comparable farming processes? Or build requirements? There's your separation. Obviously, it's a bit of a stretch. But it's not an unreasonable one - Trinity is one of the oldest frames in the game to boot. She's probably going to be the first recomendation you're going to give to new player when one asks for support frame, maybe with Oberon. God knows nobody would recommend noobs to farm Harrow. Trinity used to come much earlier in starchart too, before she got switched with Excalibur.

Let's distance from the boss though - answer me one specific question. What's the purpose of locking Ambulance fight behind keys? How does it improve the gaming experience?

Edited by Serafim_94

Nidus and Harrow were cancer incarnate for me. Only recently have I got the nidus parts completed. First time around I bought him since the grind for them took me over 40 tries and I still didn't get the systems.  Harrow was just as bad. Trinity is a pain to farm though, much in the same way killing kela de thayme is also a pain now if you dont do rathoom. 

There are plenty of painful farms for frames now though. Ash, Equinox, Revenant, Limbo, Octavia, grendel to name a few. Seems like the grind for frames has just gotten worse and worse over time honestly.