Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe farm is the worst, and why is it Trinity?

Serafim_94

19 hours ago, Zekken159 said:

I would say that the farm for Nidus is much more annoying if RNG is not on your side. Although it would be nice to remove the key requirement. Honestly doesn't bother me too much since you could just go to wave 5 on a defense mission for the ambulas spawn for 5 keys.

Nidus farm is a cake walk. Just use Vauban to lock all the enemies down.

Honestly, Trinity doesn't even register on the "worst grinds" list for me. Want a long, boring fight with "tickets?" Try Mesa, where the tickets only show up when RNG decides to spawn 1 (and only 1) in an Invastion that takes a literal sodding hour to craft. Try Khora, whom requires running Sanctuary Onslaught up to Wave 8 which takes 15-20 minutes and is one of the worst game modes in Warframe. Or how about Equinox? The Warframe which requires grinding the same "hurry up and wait" boss for 8 separate pieces. Grendel's also a good candidate. Yes, his drops are guaranteed, but I personally can't run the missions by myself which makes me contingent on other people's help. That means friends if I can get them to play Warframe again, or pubbies already playing Grendel missions who at this point no longer exist. Harrow naturally comes to mind.

And of course, there are all the Simaris Warframes. Oh, sure - you get them from quests and it's all lovely. But then you have to dump 50K Siamris Standing for the blueprint and then 75K for the components. That's fun. Or what about the likes of Protea with her low percentage drop chances in the Granum Void? You know, the WORST game mode in Warframe salvaged only by the fact that it's mercifully short per run? Xaku also qualifies, in that you need to grind for the white whale of Warframe that is Scintillant. I got enough to make one Xaku. Haven't been arsed to get two so far. Maybe some day.

Trinity certainly isn't one of the worst, especially since the Ambulas mission itself actually gives you "tickets" if you manage to beat it. She's still pretty bad, of course, simply because the Ambulas fight is SO AGGRESSIVELY BORING, but there are worse ones.

Trinity is only bad because Ambulas is bad.

All the others people are worse because they are not only bad, but have hurdles and RNG to get through 90% of the time.

Like people are saying, Protea is the worst Non-Khora frame to farm, Granum Void can fail on you if the game just decides to not spawn enough enemies, the time limit is too strict for almost anything but Mesa spam and bringing more players actually increases the likelihood of failure due to the time limit being the same but the kill requirements go up.

Of all things they could have done, Granum Void is the worst.

i would support basically every Dropship on the Corpus Outpost Tileset on Pluto having an Ambulas on it. no Cooldown, just whether or not a Dropship decides to come along and drop off Enemies being the entire thing that determines whether you get an Ambulas or not.

the game would feel cooler anyways like that so it makes the Gameplay better while making the numbers part nicer too.

i don't mind the actual encounter as much as some other things purely because Ambulas is a cool Enemy. my internal joy about that helps soften the waiting.

also OG Nova Prime was the worst. Derelict Survival for centuries and still no Systems. a single digit Chance once every 20 Minutes. 
:)
i know that's not what you're talking about but that's still my answer.

7 hours ago, Aldain said:

Trinity is only bad because Ambulas is bad.

All the others people are worse because they are not only bad, but have hurdles and RNG to get through 90% of the time.

Like people are saying, Protea is the worst Non-Khora frame to farm, Granum Void can fail on you if the game just decides to not spawn enough enemies, the time limit is too strict for almost anything but Mesa spam and bringing more players actually increases the likelihood of failure due to the time limit being the same but the kill requirements go up.

Of all things they could have done, Granum Void is the worst.

I don't know how you're having trouble there. Mesa with Waltz solo will get you tier 3 90% of the time. No where near Equinox, Harrow, Khora, etc. I find her farm easier than Trinity time wise. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I don't know how you're having trouble there. Mesa with Waltz solo will get you tier 3 90% of the time.

Not sure, on Switch I just have trouble even with Mesa because at around 10-15ish seconds left things stop spawning for me...or spawn too slowly to reach the quota.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Not sure, on Switch I just have trouble even with Mesa because at around 10-15ish seconds left things stop spawning for me...or spawn too slowly to reach the quota.

That’s something that tends to happen in PC too

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Farmed Granum void on Switch with Mesa, had no issues whatsoever getting enough to spawn. I suspect the Waltz augment might be the problem here: you move very slowly with it, and they all end up spawning behind some mountain. I go for the "press 4 - kill everything around you - bullet jump somewhere far to get different lines of sight  - repeat" startegy. Hasn't failed me yet

13 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Farmed Granum void on Switch with Mesa, had no issues whatsoever getting enough to spawn. I suspect the Waltz augment might be the problem here: you move very slowly with it, and they all end up spawning behind some mountain. I go for the "press 4 - kill everything around you - bullet jump somewhere far to get different lines of sight  - repeat" startegy. Hasn't failed me yet

I'll have to try again, I haven't since around the launch, maybe a hotfix stealth patched that issue out from under me.

It could well be that I've just been very unlucky with the enemies getting stuck behind things like you mentioned though, things like that happen to me more often than you'd believe.

On 2020-09-29 at 9:26 AM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

The fight itself is, in my opinion, one of the better boss fights in the game. It's definitely more engaging then the usual "find the boss - shoot the boss twice - go to extraction" pattern. And while the narrative elements seem somewhat out-of-place outside the event, they do provide a bit of lore and are miles better then the usual "Here is a guy we don't like! Go kill him!" mission brief.

The fight is a minimum ten minutes with at least three players. Literally. You need to do a run to the boss zone, which we'll just say is roughly two minutes, then there's each Ambulas which takes about 30 seconds to spawn, two minutes to be carried off, and then you need to do this two more times. Once would be enough, twice would make sense, but three times? Ugh. I got lucky and got all three in a row, but still.

And seriously. Harrow's systems is the least sensical grind. Was defection alive even back then?!

7 hours ago, Aldain said:

I'll have to try again, I haven't since around the launch, maybe a hotfix stealth patched that issue out from under me.

It could well be that I've just been very unlucky with the enemies getting stuck behind things like you mentioned though, things like that happen to me more often than you'd believe.

My personal approach was a long range Revenant. You'll need about 200 energy before entering (easily done with zenurik while you run around to find a hand). Sit on a slightly raised rock (not too high as the lasers are fairly horizontal, but you do need a good field of view), activate ability #4 and just sit there twiddling your thumbs until the counter hits maximum.

Am 30.9.2020 um 06:21 schrieb (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1:

Harrow, Equinox, and Khora are hands down worse. You also don't get anything additional for them that is noteworthy. The farm for Nidus gets you plastids. It also, in the future, will give you bile for Helminth.

Also, the Nidus arena is the quickest way to farm Neo relics. Problem is, that the multilayered arena gives you eyecancer after a while, the flat one is O.K., though.

Am 30.9.2020 um 14:49 schrieb Steel_Rook:

Honestly, Trinity doesn't even register on the "worst grinds" list for me. Want a long, boring fight with "tickets?" Try Mesa, where the tickets only show up when RNG decides to spawn 1 (and only 1) in an Invastion that takes a literal sodding hour to craft. Try Khora, whom requires running Sanctuary Onslaught up to Wave 8 which takes 15-20 minutes and is one of the worst game modes in Warframe. Or how about Equinox? The Warframe which requires grinding the same "hurry up and wait" boss for 8 separate pieces. Grendel's also a good candidate. Yes, his drops are guaranteed, but I personally can't run the missions by myself which makes me contingent on other people's help. That means friends if I can get them to play Warframe again, or pubbies already playing Grendel missions who at this point no longer exist. Harrow naturally comes to mind.

And of course, there are all the Simaris Warframes. Oh, sure - you get them from quests and it's all lovely. But then you have to dump 50K Siamris Standing for the blueprint and then 75K for the components. That's fun. Or what about the likes of Protea with her low percentage drop chances in the Granum Void? You know, the WORST game mode in Warframe salvaged only by the fact that it's mercifully short per run? Xaku also qualifies, in that you need to grind for the white whale of Warframe that is Scintillant. I got enough to make one Xaku. Haven't been arsed to get two so far. Maybe some day.

Trinity certainly isn't one of the worst, especially since the Ambulas mission itself actually gives you "tickets" if you manage to beat it. She's still pretty bad, of course, simply because the Ambulas fight is SO AGGRESSIVELY BORING, but there are worse ones.

I'd be willing to farm further Simaris rep anytime instead of having to deal with the Khora, Equinox or Harrow farm ever again (Harrow systems, 40 defections so far, each about 17 min. with Wisp, dropped everthing from the lootpool except: Yeahhhh... I cannot stand this anymore)...

5 hours ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

I'd be willing to farm further Simaris rep anytime instead of having to deal with the Khora, Equinox or Harrow farm ever again (Harrow systems, 40 defections so far, each about 17 min. with Wisp, dropped everthing from the lootpool except: Yeahhhh... I cannot stand this anymore)...

Yeah, I suppose the Simaris grind is at least deterministic. It's days-long, but you're earning currency up to a cap, then buying the parts at a fixed price. I suppose I should revise my estimate. A deterministic grind - even a really long one - is still better than RNG. Fair enough.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

The fight is a minimum ten minutes with at least three players.

So? In comparison, the Sergeant mission is about 2-3 minutes: you run up to him, barely look in his direction (after which he dies), you run to extraction. Does the length of the mission make it a better boss fight? My definition of a good boss fight is not about it being short - it's about it being engaging. And while the Ambulas fight is not particularly engaging, it is much closer to being such then most other Warframe boss fights.

That average 12 minute fight makes me fall asleep. Trinity is the last frame I have to refarm, for a reason.

To people who say that it's purposefully bad fight to make people buy stuff with plat instead: why would you give money to a company that purposefully makes content obnoxious to squeeze out money of you? The content should be enjoyable for players, not so insufferable that people consider pay to skip instead.

Archived