Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe farm is the worst, and why is it Trinity?

Serafim_94

Good question, I'd say it's between Trinity, Harrow and Khora imo. Personally i'd lean more to Harrow just because of Defection and his Systems. Trinity has a 1 in 3 guaranteed chance to drop and takes about as long as it takes to get to 8 waves on Defection, which is 10-12 minutes. Difference is Harrow is not guaranteed, neither is Khora which also takes over 16 minutes.

Currently I'm in the process of farming Khora.

I am dead fuking tired of low drop rates to force me to grind my behind off, because some braindead idiot at DE considers time wasters as actual content.

After Khora I'll be farming Protea. Her drop rates are EVEN FUKING WORSE than Khora. And after than Harrow... This is the reason why players quit this game to take a breather. DE would rather grind us to death and lose interest in the game than be reasonable.

Edit: Oh I also need damn trinity too. Well Not really. I don't care. Nope. No more abuse.

I just finished collecting the last parts to finish helminth (duplicates of all frames) and without a doubt the worst to get are:

1. Ivara (spy missions are pretty boring and low drop chance)

2. Grendel (the missions are absolutely not fun)

3. Trinity (boss fight sucks)

4. Equinox (so much rng...)

5. Nidus (I hate his mission. Ended up just paying for the support pack to get him)

6. Protea (Granum void stuff sucks. Low drop chance and a pretty boring sub-mission)

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

I just finished collecting the last parts to finish helminth (duplicates of all frames) and without a doubt the worst to get are:

1. Ivara (spy missions are pretty boring and low drop chance)

2. Grendel (the missions are absolutely not fun)

3. Trinity (boss fight sucks)

4. Equinox (so much rng...)

5. Nidus (I hate his mission. Ended up just paying for the support pack to get him)

6. Protea (Granum void stuff sucks. Low drop chance and a pretty boring sub-mission)

This is just opinion

No way Khora took less time to get than Grendel. 

I just took 14 hours to get my 2nd Wisp. RNG is not what it is supposed to be and at 8 hours i eventually got the last part, which my Lich decided he will take.

After several more runs, hoping to get the last part i gave up hope because Wiki estimates 29 ± 8 runs to get the whole frame with all the parts having equal droprate chance.

Then i decided to pursue that Lich and take back what is mine! :)

Then i remembered a case where i was doing solo relic farming and received 7 exactly the same bronze rewards in a row with my relics being Radiant.

That made me come to the conclusion that RNG (even Relics which you can "better" your chances by making them radiant) is more like a 'loaded dice" { or broken somewhere along the line of updates) and should not be called Random Number Generator but MNG (Manipulated Number Generation).

All that said, for me the Grendel missions are just way above my skill set. At 65 years of age my reflexes are just not good enough and having to play solo as a result of my poor IT connection makes Grendel the "mission impossible" for me.  I will have to decide if he is going to be the only Helminth ability i don't have, or buy him.

Just wanted to agree with the OP.  Trinity is kind of worse than some of the other hell grinds because it is the most boring, and by a big margin.  Grinding the points is rng driven and in missions that take too much time imo.  The Ambulas fight itself is not something you want to repeat over and over and takes a long while for no reason - and I see enough of that in sortie that the thought of grinding that mission is a big nope!  Even removing the need for points or dropping the points would make this a hard sell, the mission is just too long and kinda boring once you've done it a few times already.  Like Ambulas is just a bad boss to have a frame attached to.

Saryn by contrast is also points based but it's two quick missions in a row - get the points in one quick run (and the mission is more fun to me) and the boss is a pretty quick run as the laser phase isn't that long.  The points are guaranteed, not another rng in the middle of an rng grind.

I've decided to skip Trinity for MR and Helminth both, but it was good to see this topic.

Equinox is unfun too - still need a Night Neuro for that frame and it's been anything but.  But the mission is bearable so there's that.

Gauss Chassis has been slow to drop for me, but Disruption is a fun mission especially if the team will stick around to go deep so I don't mind running that over and over again.

Ambulas is not fun as it takes way too long and that's the problem, the points just compound this.

RNG is RNG.  My personal worst frame to farm was hydroid.  74 rounds of Vay Hek... statistically speaking I was well over the point where I should have had all the parts, but I just got screwed on RNG.

Meanwhile I've had liches that were 15 min start to finish because I guessed right first time.

RNG all comes out in the end.

That said, the ambulas fight is cumbersome, slow and repetitive, but I'm pretty sure that's DE's favoriate way to design anything, with as much padding and RNG as possible.  Good luck getting them to change it.

On 2020-10-22 at 6:29 PM, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Do keep in mind that a base relic has a 2% chance on gold. The Radiant has a 10% chance. I've gone 12 Radiants without a gold, which DOES make sense via law of probability.

And what are the chances of getting 7 of exactly the same reward in a row?

I did much more than 7 Radiant relics in a row for the 1 part i needed but getting 7 in a row of exactly the same part and 98% Bronze and 2% Silver rewards for the other relics i played tells me it is like when i am throwing 7 sixes after each other with a dice, that it must be loaded.

Nidus is now becoming my nightmare, i have been at it 3 days. I have received 5 chassis and 2 systems but no neuroptics yet. Although the Wiki recons the rewards in Rotation C all have the same % drop chance I still get the idea that the whole RNG system is broken.

12 hours ago, Fo55il said:

And what are the chances of getting 7 of exactly the same reward in a row?

I did much more than 7 Radiant relics in a row for the 1 part i needed but getting 7 in a row of exactly the same part and 98% Bronze and 2% Silver rewards for the other relics i played tells me it is like when i am throwing 7 sixes after each other with a dice, that it must be loaded.

Nidus is now becoming my nightmare, i have been at it 3 days. I have received 5 chassis and 2 systems but no neuroptics yet. Although the Wiki recons the rewards in Rotation C all have the same % drop chance I still get the idea that the whole RNG system is broken.

Via law of probability, your results are not shocking. You have a 1/3 chance to get the part you need if there is a part given, but law of probability applies not broken RNG.

Like the others have said before, trinity is not that bad...

Try getting revenant, harrow or gauss and we can talk again...

Hildryn and baruuk are mostly a pain to get thanks to the whole syndicate stuff, but okay. 

Most of the older frames however are not that bad from what i remember when farming them again as i managed to get a duplicate of most frames waiting to be claimed, but trinity is far less of a horrible farm compared to some of the more recent ones if you look into it.

Trinity for example has 22.56%  dropchance on her systems and that part has the lowest droprate of the frame.

Revenant his systems have the highest droprate of his parts with 20.51% on stage 4. Neuroptics has 10.2% at stage 5 as the highest and chassis has 19.05% at stage 5. Those are the highest droprates by the way, which are all 3 lower then Trinity her lowest one.

But okay, bounties can also give more stuff which allows for some passive farming. It is how i passively farmed garuda on fortuna without even noticing i already got all parts until i wanted to farm her and realised i already had all parts.

Gauss however has all 3 parts in Rotation C on kelpie sedna. sounds nice until you realise all 3 parts have 7.84% drop chance for each rotation C. So, at least 12 conduits have to be defended for your first shot at a part with 7.84% drop chance.  After that, every third and fourth give 1 shot at one of 3 parts and duplicates are a possibility as well.

But okay, harrow has his parts a bit more spread out so should be easier right? Harrow systems has 11.28%  as the highest drop rate of all 3 parts and that is a rotation C on defection missions.

Neuroptics are 11.28% and come from the rotation C on kuva fortress spy mission ( pago if you wanted the name of the node )

Chassis has 3% but is dropped by all void fissured enemies so might actually be the easiest part to obtain.

Out of all 3 i mentioned, revenant his highest drop chance comes closest to trinity her lowest drop chance, with a 2.06 diffrence.

And if you want to stick to so-called star chart frames where you have to kill a boss to obtain a part, lets talk equinox and hydroid. Not sure if you'd include mesa thanks to her keys and no quest, but i'll exclude it for now as Mesa has the same drop chances as trinity.

Hydroid has the same droprates as trinity, but hydroid requires you to deal with vay hek which is a pain to deal with in most situations and you need to deal with him at least 3 times if you are damn lucky so i'll stick to 10 runs on average before you have all parts and even that might be seen as generous i guess.

Equinox however is 8 parts that drop from a single boss. Both of the aspects have 11.28% dropchance where-as the remaining parts are 12.91% each and nothing to prevent duplicates. Equinox her boss is already boring and kinda annoying with his teleporting, but the more parts you get of equinox, the smaller your chances will be to get the part you need. Her droprates technically make no sense as well since the total is 100.02% when looking at the numbers,, but that is a different topic.

And if you want to include syndicate frames as well for whatever reason, for hyldryn, you need rank agent. To get there, you need 16 toroids total and 15 gyromag systems if we ignore the standing thing for a bit. 12 vega, 2, sola, 2 calda if you were curious. All toroids have a drop chance of 2% in their specific areas, so it is more efficient to do heists for them with their 12.5% dropchance. Gyromag systems have a drop chance of 25% for 5 of them in heists for the first 3 phases and 28.57% on the last phase. If one is lucky, the systems are not an issue, but otherwise, they are.

Baruuk even requires hand, which is another 10 toroids and 10 atmo systems, which are 11.43% on phase 4 and on the other 3 phases it is 10%.

As for Ivara, highest droprates for her are chassis 7.37%, bp 7.52%, neuroptics 7.52% and systems 9.09% while all 4 are rotation C on spy.

As i've hopefully showed you clear enough, trinity is not the worst frame to farm for, so how is trinity the worst frame to farm again compared to the other frames?

It seems like almost everything is the worst to farm for depending on your luck. :)

Take Harrow for an example Wiki gives guidelines on highest level 48 ± 16 C Rotations to Almost certainly get the part.

Think about it . . . if RNG is not on your side at ± 30 mins. per run (48+16 = 64 runs)  would take you 32 hours which boils down to doing the same mission for 8 hours a day would take you 4 days of playing the same mission.

The drop rate is 11.28% on a average of ± 30 minutes per mission and on Tier 2 it is 7.52%  (which will take a whole week @ 8 hours a day),

PS. - Wonder why this game is not called "Grind Frame" ! :)

On 2020-10-28 at 12:48 AM, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Via law of probability, your results are not shocking. You have a 1/3 chance to get the part you need if there is a part given, but law of probability applies not broken RNG.

How many possible rewards are there per relic? 3? (a bronze (a) + bronze (b) + bronze (c) + silver (a) + silver (b) +  gold (a) part is the possible rewards per relic) The relics were all radiant, which are supposed to alter your chances for better odds and then i got all the same part (bronze (a)) 7 times after each other. ?

6 minutes ago, Fo55il said:

How many possible rewards are there per relic? 3? (a bronze (a) + bronze (b) + bronze (c) + silver (a) + silver (b) +  gold (a) part is the possible rewards per relic) The relics were all radiant, which are supposed to alter your chances for better odds and then i got all the same part (bronze (a)) 7 times after each other. ?

Yup. Not surprising. Those events are independent of each other. Just because you did 7 doesn't mean the chances somehow get better. 

On 2020-10-22 at 6:29 PM, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Do keep in mind that a base relic has a 2% chance on gold. The Radiant has a 10% chance. I've gone 12 Radiants without a gold, which DOES make sense via law of probability.

The issue is not about getting Gold or not, did you get exactly the same part (like the first part of the 3 bronze parts in the relic) ?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Yup. Not surprising. Those events are independent of each other. Just because you did 7 doesn't mean the chances somehow get better. 

So . . . . . making a relic radiant does not better your chances? Why make it radiant?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived