If you don't want to listen to pretty much everyone and increase the range on Grasp of Lohk, maybe at least make it so that the abilities range without any range mods is a joke. I feel like I'm forced to get at least 265% power range, and that takes up a lot of space when modding him and sucks 60% of ability strength due to overextended. Right now it feels like every single mod setup I try on Xaku is a really bad compromise. Maybe cap the range at 22.4m and increase the base range, or remove the range scaling entirely and increase the range to 22.4m on max rank, so that we have the opportunity to mod for things besides range. Also many people had the idea that the ability should just stop shooting if the player doesn't move, to encourage active play and make a higher range possible, I don't see how leaving it at a short range is a better idea than that.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, DerGilb said:

If you don't want to listen to pretty much everyone and increase the range on Grasp of Lohk, maybe at least make it so that the abilities range without any range mods is a joke. I feel like I'm forced to get at least 265% power range, and that takes up a lot of space when modding him and sucks 60% of ability strength due to overextended. Right now it feels like every single mod setup I try on Xaku is a really bad compromise. Maybe cap the range at 22.4m and increase the base range, or remove the range scaling entirely and increase the range to 22.4m on max rank, so that we have the opportunity to mod for things besides range. Also many people had the idea that the ability should just stop shooting if the player doesn't move, to encourage active play and make a higher range possible, I don't see how leaving it at a short range is a better idea than that.

This ^^^

Xaku's target range should be a fixed number at the maximum allowed value (or at least cap at that value with significantly less range requirement).  This will give us the chance to mod for grasp's weapon steal range, without having to stack every single range mod to reach a nominal value for targeting.

Currently, (aside from dodge being a terrible type of damage reduction) the worst part about Xaku's kit is that there is "very little variety" in builds and play styles.  This is because of Xaku's heavy requirement of range, duration, and strength.  If we could reduce the required amount of range mods used... even by 1, it would allow a significant amount of variety for players to try new things and vary the builds with.

On a side note:

I am in favor of the #1 ability being buffed to a base of 50% (from 30%).

I replace the #3 ability with subsumed abilities more than any other... including the underwhelming #1 ability...  The #3 feels disjointed and lackluster.

And, I might not have mentioned that the #4 bonus to dodge chance does not include enough value to take Xaku into late game content (steel path), because of the 1 shot potential, not to mention it not proccing arcanes like guardian and mods like adaptation.  The functionality and synergy of this ability is great... except for the dodge chance bonus.  I'd rather have a 50% flat damage reduction than a 70% dodge chance bonus...  On paper, a 70% reduction "should" be more valuable than a 50% reduction.  Food for thought.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Wicked001 said:

Currently, (aside from dodge being a terrible type of damage reduction) the worst part about Xaku's kit is that there is "very little variety" in builds and play styles.  This is because of Xaku's heavy requirement of range, duration, and strength.  If we could reduce the required amount of range mods used... even by 1, it would allow a significant amount of variety for players to try new things and vary the builds with.

So, what are the builds and their function/game-play-style?
ps. I agree that Range is the hardest to achieve. You either go Overextended but you need more strength mods OR go with 3 mods

Edited by quxier
On 2020-11-15 at 9:22 AM, quxier said:

So, what are the builds and their function/game-play-style?
ps. I agree that Range is the hardest to achieve. You either go Overextended but you need more strength mods OR go with 3 mods

I would build it tankier.  Even a slot for a single extra mod like Steel Fiber, Adaptation, or Rolling Guard.  Not all of those are even my playstyle, but to each their own.

Otherwise: more efficiency, strength, or even duration...  Heaven forbid, maybe even a good augment mod eventually...

I had a lot of hope for Xaku, but the list of round 2 changes seems like a big disappointment to me.  Xaku is fun to play, but just like the old Ember... Mostly only useful for low tier content and eventually nerfed into oblivion... or until there is a rework and it just becomes another Frost/Rhino/Nezha/Ember template.

Edit: I realized that the number of weapons scale on range too, so it wouldn't work anyway.  You might as well not even run Grasp of Lohk at all if you aren't using maximum range.  Just more disappointment.

Another Edit: You may be right.  Maybe I'm just building Xaku wrong.  I'll give it another go at the drawing board.  Thanks!

Edited by Wicked001

Currently I use Accuse to get my self a little army going, and then I use Vast Untime to stop the timer

but instead it just kills my army, or if it doesn't kill them it slows them down and I end up with a slow army firing slowly and running around slowly

maybe make mobs affected by Accuse unaffected by other abilities?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Wicked001 said:

I would build it tankier.  Even a slot for a single extra mod like Steel Fiber, Adaptation, or Rolling Guard.  Not all of those are even my playstyle, but to each their own.

For survivality, you can build it with HP/Armor etc. I build it with Umbra Vitality (additional strength with Umbra intensify), Adaptation + Rolling guard (it plays well with Xaku's rolling animation + Amalgam serration => +60% to roll speed).
However you can build it with damage mitigation with Carnis (afair) set. Xaku gives you 75% damage mitigation and that set gives you 30%.

11 hours ago, Wicked001 said:

Otherwise: more efficiency, strength, or even duration...  Heaven forbid, maybe even a good augment mod eventually...

Strength or range is not necessary (but helpful). You can go for duration and/or efficiency and disarm enemies using 1st or 2nd.
You can go for Strength + Range + Duration for Grasp of Lohk + Gaze stuffs (100% armor reduction for 200% strength).
For niche, you can go with max range for resources gathering.

There are probably more but they are either unreliable or I don't know.

So...unless I'm reading this wrong, using Xata's Whisper at all is still risking interfering with anyone else on the team doing headshots unless they're only doing headshots themselves... in a horde shooter.

Can we straight up just not let it do that? It seems like the normal code to calculate headshots still exists in this context so it's at least theoretically possible to pick the better of the two for teammates.

It would also be nice if targeted weakspots were prioritized if there were multiple Void procs on a target. That way you could at least do something actively useful if you accidentally procced the foot by "curving the bullet" with the bubble and then keep the head procced.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. It's a wonderful ability with some delightful jank, but I don't want to upset other players by having fun, and it can be a LOT of fun.

After 1 day of operator-only testing, I can say that the "new void" feels no different than when the developers did the first iteration of this "new void" (no resistance, true neutral).

At first, I assumed "I will never see that giant bubble unless I use Unairu". I was wrong, the bubble sometimes moves your shot through the body, PROCCing status several times and ends up on you without knowing where you are landing shots in the enemy. I can understand the visual aspect, but honestly the damage seems to be the same and searching for HS is a waste of time... And this supossedly was made to do HS. This is kinda forcing people to go with hitscans if they actually want to do HS, because not even a high punchthrough weapon will land HS consistently, because the shot itself will be moved towards the first enemy it hits...

I think it's time for a new bubble system, I know you love that the operator is the "support" of the frame, but Unairu is the true school for combat, that bubble is literally one of Unairu's worst abilities, probably tied with Void Chrysalis and Void Shadow. I'm saying this because the "bubble" system creates the same problem with Unairu and Void. Mag also has those problems, but it's Mag, she have true synergies with that bubble.

I'll test with Xaku today, but I thought "They are making changes to Void universally, so the AMPs should work better". I'm too naive...

18 hours ago, DalanorTheLlama said:

Grasp of Lohk is now nerfed indirectly. Reaching the maximum amounts of guns you can't recast the ability meaning you can't disarm anymore which is more important than small damage from close range imho. Please take a look at this because it hinders Xaku as a whole a lot.

This.

Duration builds are a bad choice for Xaku and so is its 4 now even more useless (ability "pause"+ anti-fashion).

It is just bad for a frame if the best thing you can do is replacing its ult with a helminth ability.

Xaka round 3 when?