Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes: Round 2!

[DE]Danielle

Just now, Kylo. said:

They are buffing him darling.

I know that but its become a joke (or not) that if something is fun to use or (as DE has proven) has the highest stats of everything (from weapons to mods to warframe usage) they decide to nerf that Weapon/Warframe/Companion/Mod(s)/Ability instead of trying to buff the bad abilities like Spectral Scream & Ballistic Battery.

Il y a 3 heures, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Note on Grasp of Lohk’s ‘Target Range’: 

• In Round 1, we made the distinction between Grasp of Lohk’s ‘Grab Range’ and ‘Target Range’. We then increased its ‘Grab Range’ and left ‘Target Range’ untouched due to “firing range experiments being a bit too wild for Round 1”. As we’ve continued testing, this has held true. In any instance where we’ve increased it, even slightly, we neared a state that we had already established was undesirable due to its encouragement of an ‘inactive’ way of playing (Ember’s “World on Fire” comes to mind before it was changed to “Inferno”). As a result, ‘Target Range’ will continue to remain untouched for this round.

Simple solution : make the stolen weapons shoot when you shoot with an increased range and keep the auto shot fire at short range.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

From the Wiki:

The Eidolon is no common beast of the Plains, and cannot be laid low with the tools of an everyday hunter. These 'amps' focus the user's will into a killing beam, capable of eventually bringing one of these monstrosities down.

That means that Void damage alone is not the hurting the Eidolons.

Wiki for Amps

Eidolons' shields are only vulnerable to Void damage, making Amps the main way to deal any damage to them.

Void damage should be Void damage if going from the Lore. Eidolons only vulnerable to Void damage (except "Void" damage now produced through Xaku)

So what the lore should really state is that Eidolons are only vulnerable to Void damage harnessed through Operator Amps. 

I'm just going from the lore given to us from the wiki.

1 minute ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Wiki for Amps

Eidolons' shields are only vulnerable to Void damage, making Amps the main way to deal any damage to them.

Void damage should be Void damage if going from the Lore. Eidolons only vulnerable to Void damage (except "Void" damage now produced through Xaku)

So what the lore should really state is that Eidolons are only vulnerable to Void damage harnessed through Operator Amps. 

But that's what the actual lore says. The text I copied is in-game from the amps fragment.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Wiki for Amps

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

But that's what the actual lore says. The text I copied is in-game from the amps fragment.

Ah, it would seem DE has retconned some lore then.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

undesirable due to its encouragement of an ‘inactive’ way of playing (Ember’s “World on Fire” comes to mind before it was changed to “Inferno”). As a result, ‘Target Range’ will continue to remain untouched for this round

but because grasp of lohk turrets constantly switch between targets, bigger range would also mean less damage density per higher enemy amount. 

but if the range is not gonna be changed anyways, atleast boost the rate of fire or add aoe or punchthrough to make up for the fact that the base range is impractically small for a ranged attack.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

In my opinion I just really think they should have called it something else. Until Xaku, the only void damage through players could be dealt through operators, and that's really where it should have stayed to keep from confusion. If the operators are the only ones who can truly harness the Void damage through their amps then it should have stayed restricted to operators rather than willy nilly throwing out Void status damage for Xaku. 

Ok... normally I don't get too impatient with updates....but i feel that weeks for console players to deal with base xaku is pushing it...i love the updates that are comming, built my xaku according to those changes already, just for round one...but the wait is seriously killing me, especially since these changes are basic things that xaku needed for fun factor and for ease of use. Can wait for round 2 cause those are quality of life fixes to how the frame works as of round 1, but round 1 was a nature change for xaku that made them playable for everything above level 50

3 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

In my opinion I just really think they should have called it something else. Until Xaku, the only void damage through players could be dealt through operators, and that's really where it should have stayed to keep from confusion. If the operators are the only ones who can truly harness the Void damage through their amps then it should have stayed restricted to operators rather than willy nilly throwing out Void status damage for Xaku. 

That's a rather "purist" point of view. I cited water cutters for a reason (Maybe you missed the edit).

6 minutes ago, Blaudari said:

Ah, it would seem DE has retconned some lore then.

I checked the update history for fragments and the amp one has remained as it is since introduction. This means we may have been misunderstanding what has been hurting the Eidolons from the very beginning.

15 minutes ago, Blaudari said:

I know that but its become a joke (or not) that if something is fun to use or (as DE has proven) has the highest stats of everything (from weapons to mods to warframe usage) they decide to nerf that Weapon/Warframe/Companion/Mod(s)/Ability instead of trying to buff the bad abilities like Spectral Scream & Ballistic Battery.

Like Saryn or Octavia?

2 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Like Saryn or Octavia?

unsure about the statistics but lets say Saryn is #1 used warframe & Octavia is #2 used warframe or vice versa. Based on how DE has operatorated for a while, that would mean that both of the warframes will be nerfed to "balance" the warframe usage.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

That's a rather "purist" point of view. I cited water cutters for a reason (Maybe you missed the edit).

I checked the update history for fragments and the amp one has remained as it is since introduction. This means we may have been misunderstanding what has been hurting the Eidolons from the very beginning.

Probably, I haven't really payed attention to the lore of the game in the sense of reading descriptions of some items. I pay attention to lore for stuff you have to search for like Cephalon fragments or the hidden lore for Vox Solaris/Solaris United.

33 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

Wukong's clone will turn off if you don't do anything. They did this to prevent AFK. As for Xaku, even with the limited range of his 2 people are already using him as a turret by entering operator void mode in small rooms.

Yeah and Wukong player can still do nothing (or safely fish) till afk timer kicks in while the bot 'plays' the game automatically and the bot is not even an ability - you only spawn it once. While Xaku weapons expire much quicker unless you actively upkeep them spending energy constantly.  And if you want to go operator - then Umbra bot plays the game for you.

Double standards and lack of balancing from DE as usual.

9 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

It is indeed a "purist" way of looking at it. If we were told an enemy is weak to heat damage, well we certainly are going to build for heat damage so we can quickly take down that enemy, because we were told that enemy was weak to heat. I haven't read the edit. Players would be a little confused to find that if they went to use the heat on another enemy that is weak to heat only to find that it doesn't work. Not everyone who plays WF will read the lore/wiki/forums to find out that Xakus first ability does not in fact have any affect on eidolons shields.  The way the void damage is harnessed in this case is the determining factor of its effectiveness vs eidolons. 

Very cool.

Though it is very important to note that such changes made to Xaku now... the cast on move, range, recastable etc.... please apply all these good stuffs to all future upcoming warframes.

It's sad to say that if every time have to repeat doing changes for every frame.. then it only means you guys never learn. I hope that is not the case. :)

3 hours ago, R4ndom said:

Do tell me if im wrong but this and certain other mechanics DE doesn't like (turrets, AI help) feels like limiting game choices to normal players due to potential afk play.

I would love to have proper turret frame, or even use xiphos's turret if it had scalebility (which has 10 minute cooldown anyway, why take off power? You cant spam it at every MD terminal or fill defense map with them.) in defense type of missions. Or mind control by frames like Nyx, Revenant or guns by Xaku. But these are very limited due to concern of afkers.

Howerer, i feel like afk players will still do what they do, no matter what. If they dont feel like putting effort in playing, they wont. And normal player is limited so that we can't use fun gameplay options.

Maybe system that will flag you as afk if you idle too long and not let you gain progression (xp, loot) and cutting of energy regen would be better instead of making potentially fun mechanics deal so little damage or have so little range that no one will use it.

Would love to see what others think on this.

This is already in the game. Example is if you put a specter out and don't do anything, it will literally just sit down and wait for you. Also if you're 2 minutes AFK, you wont get rewards for that "round" in rotational stuff., but only when the reward pops up. I had long endless where I had to take a restroom break and come back to find out the AFK flag got me.

9 minutes ago, r2in said:

any plans adding damage reduction in the next changes or should i uninstalling the game right now ?

i already lost my patiennce cause u being stubborn by keeping that stupid dodge/evasion.

ive made up my mind !

uninstalling right now. i hope next new warframe or revenant skin in tennongen round 20 can bring me back.

cya bb !

Archived