Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What have been the things the community reacted the worst to?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

21 hours ago, Aldain said:

Likely not the worst, but Condition Overload not being exponential in Melee 3.0 is one of the biggest lol moments I've seen on the forums.

Some ranged weapons struggle to even kill semi-efficently, but Melee is ruined because CO no longer enabled 7 million damage hits on enemies that didn't even need a quarter of that.

Well that was because DE was like “hey CO is stacking with itself. We should fix that”.

But instead of just making it so CO didn’t stack with itself anymore they dragged it all the way down to the bottom of the melee damage calculations. Massively nerfing it.

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I remember when Destiny was to kill Warframe. 

Also, Mass Effect Andromeda was to kill Warframe.

Also Destiny 2...

Also Anthem...

Now we are talking Starfield... I think.

Borderlands 3? No... No, no. BL3 is more linear compared to Warframe. I don't think it was included on the list.

Was No Man's Sky included?

I'm impressed Outriders hasn't been brought up yet. Despite ironically, being on the close side to WF (short cooldowns on powers, class-based gameplay, third-person etc.)

Make no mistake, the game intrigues me, but even then, I was sure it'd draw that classic 'WARFRAME IS DEAD' declaration.

22 hours ago, (XB1)Pun Times said:

The patch notes didn't say. There is no mention in the patch notes of these drawbacks. The language is intentionally vague. DE left it in there knowing we'd all have these hopes and dreams and giddy little episodes. They left the language vague so we'd spend money to rush to get these fancy new toys and then find out they were cheap knockoffs made by child slaves in China. I wish they'd never promised.

More likely they're just covering their butts in a "never say never" kind of way. There's probably discussion over which abilities could be transferred and which couldn't so they left it open ended so they minimize contradictions of past claims.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

This thread's maybe an interesting Rorschach test.  Some people interpret it as "What did DE screw up the most that caused community outrage?"  Others as "What was the most disproportionate community outrage to something DE did?"

From the OP, it seems more like the latter was the intent.  But maybe that's just my own bias showing. 🤨

The craziest one from my point of view was the Helminth pre-nerf.   Definitey a big DE screw-up in the way it was handled, and yet the community response was just flabbergasting.  Lots of pent-up anger from previous issues this whole year was showing there, I think.

Maybe thy could have handled it better, but I saw that as a no win situation with how some players were behaving. 

I'm just not sure I see a way they could have done it that wouldn't angered a certain easily angered segment of players. 

They showed the abilities in a dev workshop, asking for suggestions. People gave them. They said based on feedback and their early in house testers, they were nerfing now before anyone had invested anything. And people just went crazy. 

If they hadn't let people in on the process and nerfed them early, people would call them sneak/stealth nerfs, them trojan horsing it in on us or something silly like that. 

But if they are transparent, people get angry at DE for "pre-nerfs" which I had never even thought was a thing before... 

I'm honestly not sure how they could have handled it short of not using some of those stronger abilities to begin with, but if they do that, people say it just confirms their fears that the system is nothing but "the worst" abilities, and trash it and DE for that reason instead. I think there is a segment of players, small but vocal, who still play the game, but for some reason have developed an adversial approach towards the developers, as if they are enemies to be hated and fought. I don't remember so much of those when I used to play, I don't know what changed in the community since I left and they released railjack, Scarlet Spear and Fortuna. 

Update 18.13 was pretty bad, in terms of community outrage.

It was the update with the nerfs to Trinity's Blessing, Mirage's Prism, Valkyr's Hysteria, and other frames (Mag and Mesa, maybe?) I can't remember. Volt also got a rework. It was the update where DE nerfed the players before addressing the ridiculous enemies. Raids were... interesting, for a while after that... to say the least. The forums were on fire, too.

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Maybe thy could have handled it better, but I saw that as a no win situation with how some players were behaving. 

I'm just not sure I see a way they could have done it that wouldn't angered a certain easily angered segment of players. 

They showed the abilities in a dev workshop, asking for suggestions. People gave them. They said based on feedback and their early in house testers, they were nerfing now before anyone had invested anything. And people just went crazy. 

If they hadn't let people in on the process and nerfed them early, people would call them sneak/stealth nerfs, them trojan horsing it in on us or something silly like that. 

But if they are transparent, people get angry at DE for "pre-nerfs" which I had never even thought was a thing before... 

I'm honestly not sure how they could have handled it short of not using some of those stronger abilities to begin with, but if they do that, people say it just confirms their fears that the system is nothing but "the worst" abilities, and trash it and DE for that reason instead. I think there is a segment of players, small but vocal, who still play the game, but for some reason have developed an adversial approach towards the developers, as if they are enemies to be hated and fought. I don't remember so much of those when I used to play, I don't know what changed in the community since I left and they released railjack, Scarlet Spear and Fortuna. 

Being upset at a "pre-nerf" is like being upset that DE "nerfs" dev mode. 

"they know being in control of everything would be fun, but evil DE disables dev mode for us because they dont want us to enjoy the game the way we want to"

18 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well that was because DE was like “hey CO is stacking with itself. We should fix that”.

But instead of just making it so CO didn’t stack with itself anymore they dragged it all the way down to the bottom of the melee damage calculations. Massively nerfing it.

CO is still the strongest base damage melee mod in the game so what exactly is the problem?

On 2020-09-29 at 3:48 PM, Acersecomic said:

I'd say Nightwave.

I still hate Nora more than when I'm sick and can't breathe through my nose.

I enjoy NW challenges overall, but I am so freaking sick of glass enemies. At rank 60, there should be a reward that we can turn those off or at least reduce the spawns >.>

7 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

I enjoy NW challenges overall, but I am so freaking sick of glass enemies. At rank 60, there should be a reward that we can turn those off or at least reduce the spawns >.>

Nora. Just Nora. Glassed enemies cause Nora to talk but I don't hate the poor creatures. Just Nora who CAN'T SHUT UP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-30 at 2:29 AM, Hyohakusha said:

Hema

I was just looking at Hema again in my Dojo, it was at 500 samples collected (out of that 5000) after YEARS of playing the game, and after Deimos release its gotten easier but Im still not even half way. Shame Im currently only active member in the clan so even with Deimos its gonna take me ages.

The question is wrong. The community actually enjoys complaining.

DE needs to keep this in mind when they read the forums, you need to view us primarily as flagellants. You shouldn't look at the forums' and YT content creator's negative emotions and feel bad for us, nor feel bad about causing it, because you aren't the cause of it.

We are, in general, addicted to negative emotions and actively look for things to get super-dramatic about.

These forum lamenters aren't wailing in misery, they are shouting in ecstasy.

Its actually quite lewd.

In general when DE goes way overboard with the grind or when they do nerfs.

Latest nerfs have been pretty bad tho.

Apart from that Nigthwave but the idea its the general idleness of the game, Nigthwave was created to fight against it but it ended joining it.

Historically the number one negative community reaction was Vivergate, a set of nerfs to Excalibur and Mag. The situation was so nasty that DE had to revert the nerfs in less than a week

Everyone complaining "Nightwave is terrible and is killing the game!" Is small potatoes in comparison

On 2020-09-30 at 6:02 AM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

I think Liches. Liches were the worst addition to the game. A complete dead-end only worth of farming for a little to get new guns (and maybe new ephemeras). Very buggy, very annoying at the beginning. And absolutely worthless to do again after farming everything out.

Even Railjack wasn't such a great failure because even now in its unfinished state Railjack is still useful for many things. And it's actually (kinda) fun on its own.

nick name the old S#&$

Archived