Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

companion look links, still broken and no longer showing ALL COLORS (updated)

morningstar999

As off Deimos: Arcana

look link shows colors if you don't own the color.
 but if you own them it wont show it (this is not helpful, just put a tick next to owned colors PLS)
Unique and rare colors (ones that can not be brought from the marketplace still do not show) this is something vitally useful when breeding and selling kubrows, please add this feature back! 

we can no longer view what colors are on our kavat/kubrows, please fix. 😭
this was something very important for kubrow breeding, and helped people know if they had rare colors, and help reduce scamming in trades as people could prove they had rare colors. 

now: 

8G9LLbw.jpg

before 29.2.0
83940180_10159578079209546_2708463487037734912_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_eui2=AeElpZCX0_fuqW33M-Og5n2QjRD81nuxme6NEPzWe7GZ7htZ4J83UtvYUtf10ATmbP4&_nc_ohc=KGYFeiLegkMAX88yZAc&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=1b5f2062ba6efadbb8aca4327ef3cab2&oe=5F989B05

also the kubrow look link STILL doesn't show the kubrows correct build and shows every kubrow as athletic males, The kavat look link shows all kavats with the same type of tail even if the kavat has a different type, (this is something I have mentioned before and has been broken ever since the look link existed, please fix. 

bulky kubrow in ship: 
YahkD11.png

in look link
C6Rb0R0.jpeg

kavat in ship 
U9z3ElZ.png

same kavat in look link:
qQ1nN0h.png

Thats really sad that they removed a good tool. it was really a good tool which was helping to find out kubrow colors and all. 

I dont know what DE trying to do but pretty sure they are messing with players. Like there was only one way to find out kubrow color and they took it away why? was it broken? or really good for endgame stuff and all? 

This should be fixed. DE have already disappointed all of us with pets 2.0 update that they promised before summer 2020. And now they are doing this? I am not even talking about fixing look-link that it can show actual looks of pets like bulky/skinny body type or actual tails for kavats but this new thing with "not showing colours" NEEDS TO BE FIXED. 

Kubrows with rare colours can be VERY pricy. (Their price for triple rare bulky kubrow can go up to 3k of plat at max)
And look-link with actual colours really helped preventing scamming with that since DE added too many shades for the almost the same colour that we could tell for sure only by using this look-link method. 

I have only one question actually. 

Why should we suffer? 

Please, answer this question, DE. You created pets for us. You made them beautiful and useful (not all of them, but still). You made them breedable and tradeable. You gave them rare traits and colors. We appreciate it. We love the pets you created. 

...but you gave us literally NOTHING to check said traits and colors! 

Breeding is yet another part of Warframe's gameplay. There are people (including me) who consider it their own sort of endgame content. There are people ready to pay for rare pets and people ready to work on certain trait combo for weeks and months spending their time, resources and plat on it. 

Are we worse than those riven-mod-guys farming countless thousands of kuva to make and sell god rolls? They're getting QoL changes like showing weapon stats on riven roll screen while all we have is bugged look link usable for color checking at least... 

...ah, no, we don't even have this thing now... 

Imprints aren't linkable. 

Checking colors on imprints is impossible. 

Now even checking colors on actual kubrow became impossible. 

Why?! 

The whole look linking to determine what colors our pets have is a mediocre solution on it's own, but now even that is gone. I want to believe it was unintentional and maybe it will bring attention to the numerous bugs regarding pets.

If nothing gets done about this soon, I suggest we flood support.

The patch note doesn't say anything about removing this look link functionality from pets. Its likely accidental as a side result of trying to fix another issue. Hopefully it will be resolved. It would be silly to take away color identification from look link of companion as that is literally its purpose to help people match and identify the look of companion.

• Fixed some Look Link issues and diorama issues with the new Companions (mismatching tails, for example). 

After trying it out it seems the look link is also broken. Attempting to copy a companion looks break arsenal preview of the pet when you back out. Particularly two of the color slot isn't copied over correctly.

also the vasca 'maned' body was never shown correct , the fact u can't see colours u actually even own is goddamn brazen ... what happens when u link stuff like the necramech is nothin' but a joke ...so pls DE if u introduce a feature care for it to fully work day1/week1 at least hotfix7  ,and keep it updated while chucking in loads n loads of new content 

I'm having the same problem, me and my friend. Before we could see the colors of the kubros just like this: Screenshot-295.png

Now all I can see is the kubrow, without the colors it has, even if I don't own the masks (the brightness is different because I increased it since last time I took a screenshot):

Screenshot-317.png

The look link where we could see the colors were really useful before, and an easy way to identify the rare colors... I'd be really grateful if they put it back. 

Maybe we should post this even in the bugs related to the new update? I think there should be a specific thread to post it in, like the bugs form Deimos update?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to use Look Link recently to try to determine my Kubrow's natural fur colors... I'm saddened to learn it doesn't work anymore.

Look Link was a great tool for many pet breeders when it came to confirming rare fur colors on their pets. Now we're back to eyeballing it, which is not precise, and quite annoying.

Please DE, I beg you, bring back the old item list in Look Link.

• 4 weeks later...

As off Deimos: Arcana

look link shows colors if you don't own the color.
 but if you own them it wont show it (this is not helpful, just put a tick next to owned colors PLS)
Unique and rare colors (ones that can not be brought from the marketplace still do not show) this is something vitally useful when breeding and selling kubrows, please add this feature back! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived