Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Download stuck at 249.4 MB

sabaka_kusaka
Message added by [DE]Momaw,

We are aware of this issue where some of you are seeing the launcher as "stuck" at this specific point of 249 megabytes remaining with this recent update. Your update is not frozen. It's processing a very large file in the cache which depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection could take a while. Restarting the process over and over, or re-verifying the cache, is not going to help you out. Please just be patient and let the game work. As others have noted, it may take upwards of half an hour.

I had this issue for about 4 hours yesterday, changed all the launcher settings one by one many times and restarted the launcher, steam and the computer many times. Nothing really fixed it. So decided to just leave it going even though it was showing no progress but in the background it was using internet bandwidth. (You can check Window's resource monitor/task manager to see if its using data/internet).  

It did eventually just solve itself and finish downloading. But it for sure took about 1GB+ of data just to get that last 249.4MB of data, pretty annoying but leaving it be was the only solution. 

try not using the 'bulk download' option in the launcher settings. this might result in a slower download, but it will fix some of the unstable connection problems that especially arises when people usues those bloody wireless internet connections like 3G, 4G and like 5G too since this is more or less just an improvement in speed and not in the protocol...

rule of thumb: don't use those for gaming anything real-time related, ever, because it also sucks if you host a game (for the clients that is, not necessary for the host ^^)

I'm not sure if this is the solution for everyone but it worked for me. I turned off Bulk Download and waited for around 40 min and I was able to play the game. I'm guessing the 249.4MB was actually downloading in the background but it was not showing the progress.

Got it +1

took a peek into the logs and it seems its failing trying to update Dx9/H.Texture pakage

Preprocess.log and Launcher.log files match until they reach

3.832 Sys [Info]: Loaded TOC for Windows/H.Misc_xx (took 11.3ms, loaded 14492 entries, found 0 deleted, spot-loaded)

afterwards the launcher log just stops till the launcher is terminated.

3.881 Sys [Info]: Loaded TOC for Dx9/H.Texture (took 46.3ms, loaded 53203 entries, found 5 deleted, spot-loaded)

is the next line in the preprocess log so it's pretty good odds the problem is there.

tried deleting H.TextureDx9 cache and toc (pretty sure that's Dx9/H.Texture on disk) launcher remade files and downloaded a portion of the file before stopping at same place again.

Seems its not a network issue but something with the processing of that file. The launcher is showing signs of some hang internally. Anything done with launcher ui, usually results in several seconds of unresponsiveness before responding.

Hope this helps

Im having the same stuck at 249.4 issue it freezes there then every 5 or 10mins a data could not be retrived from our server pops up i even tried hard wired connection and nothing this is frustrating 

Ive been trying fixes for 2 days now 

We are aware of this issue where some of you are seeing the launcher as "stuck" at this specific point of 249 megabytes remaining with this recent update. Your update is not frozen. It's processing a very large file in the cache which depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection could take a while. Restarting the process over and over, or re-verifying the cache, is not going to help you out. Please just be patient and let the game work. As others have noted, it may take upwards of half an hour.

On 2020-09-30 at 2:53 PM, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

verify integrity of game cache and let the launcher optimize the install.

its highly likely to be something on your end as youre the only person ive heard of with this issue. if nothing else, open a support ticket about it.

i did everything like verify then optimize it...its an issue with their servers

also its not only me there are many more

and what do u mean by open support ticket, i didnt get it?

17 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thank you, i let the launcher open when i play other game and it fixes it self.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived