Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe did you start going all out into fashion frame for?

(XBOX)BowlofTofu

In terms of frames I first starting giving a serious interest in looking good, Trinity Prime. It was only a minor adjustment from base (increasing the contrast of the red and black) but I liked it. I'd done some minor stuff before then, I'd heard of Fashion Frame before going in, but that was probably the first I felt actively confident with.

In terms of making cosmetic purchases specifically for them, though, that'd be good old Limbo if memory serves me right. First and to date only Tennogen skin + tennogen helmet (since his default skin is awful to fashion) and it all went downhill from there. (amusingly, I use Neither very much, since on the prime default helmets do this weird clipping thing.)

In terms of fashion, Chroma.  His Deluxe in particular kind of got me into a black/white/gold aesthetic for a while.  Nowadays I'm learning the joys of red, silver, even those specific shades of grey for chrome or platinum.  I've made Gauss look like the Silver Centurion from Iron Man, Rhino Doom Slayer, managed to make Nidus into Nightmare from Soulcalibur, Grendel into Goliath from DMC V, and Nezha into Astolfo.

Rhino Prime. he's the one I used the most, and my oldest frame, and I wanted him to look his best. originally I used Palatine Deluxe the moment it came out, but nowadays I use his Blade of The Lotus skin more. not as keen on his other skins. it was also really exciting when consoles started getting Tennogen, a lot of my frames now have at least one Tennogen skin loadout. 

I just wish the next round would come to consoles.. it's such a long wait each time, but worth it!

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Rhino Prime. he's the one I used the most, and my oldest frame, and I wanted him to look his best. originally I used Palatine Deluxe the moment it came out, but nowadays I use his Blade of The Lotus skin more. not as keen on his other skins. it was also really exciting when consoles started getting Tennogen, a lot of my frames now have at least one Tennogen skin loadout. 

I just wish the next round would come to consoles.. it's such a long wait each time, but worth it!

Scarab sect is rather stunning on Rhino.  Color pathing and effects are top-notch when Rhino is in action.

Yeah I like to call the warframe design "clay transformers" or "lego fail".

Too many assymetrical shapes in piles of piles. You took a regular item, made it assymetrical, cut pieces out of it and added 20+ spikes with clay texture.

1c8b0c92dd5dd5ddb9cee9cd146eb41d.jpg

And, the design don't fit with themes, ever. For instance khora. She owns a cat. So you put spikes on her? Shouldn't she have maybe fur or cat claws or cat eyes or... a tail? lol... what.

Then her cat has zero customization options and has to wear some stupid vest with another bunch of pointless assymetrical shapes on it. Ugh. Aweful.

The human brain is literally hardwired towards certain symmetry, to the bone. You can't escape that. No one likes saggy titties for example because we weren't written that way.

I respect the attempt to give warframe a unique look but there is a reason you haven't seen these designs before, lol.

11 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Yeah I like to call the warframe design "clay transformers" or "lego fail".

Too many assymetrical shapes in piles of piles. You took a regular item, made it assymetrical, cut pieces out of it and added 20+ spikes with clay texture.

1c8b0c92dd5dd5ddb9cee9cd146eb41d.jpg

And, the design don't fit with themes, ever. For instance khora. She owns a cat. So you put spikes on her? Shouldn't she have maybe fur or cat claws or cat eyes or... a tail? lol... what.

Then her cat has zero customization options and has to wear some stupid vest with another bunch of pointless assymetrical shapes on it. Ugh. Aweful.

The human brain is literally hardwired towards certain symmetry, to the bone. You can't escape that. No one likes saggy titties for example because we weren't written that way.

I respect the attempt to give warframe a unique look but there is a reason you haven't seen these designs before, lol.

Here is the equivalent to your inappropriate retort based on OP’s thread:

“Ohhhh, so YOU’RE the guy who screams “You STINK” from the stands at the professional athletes who get paid for their level of skill and probably would only run 20 ft before falling to your knees wheezing because the last donut On the table was about to be eaten.”

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Here is the equivalent to your inappropriate retort based on OP’s thread:

“Ohhhh, so YOU’RE the guy who screams “You STINK” from the stands at the professional athletes who get paid for their level of skill and probably would only run 20 ft before falling to your knees wheezing because the last donut On the table was about to be eaten.”

lol, none at all. All athletes are born genetically superior, hardwired by nature. No amount of steriods or time spent training is going to change that.

People like brian shaw, ed coan or eddie hall are born with the right combination of bone density, limb symmetry, muscle fiber density and so, made that way as an ultimate truth matter of fact that can't be changed. Michael Jordan or Carl Lewis aren't better than you because they worked harder, spend more hours, went to the gym or have any kind of talent.

They were just born that way. You might very well have spend more time training your legs than usain bolt. So in terms of saying an athlete suck, it's not really the way you describe it. They are vastly superior so athletically speaking could anyone complain about shaq. The parts where he did have to put in work, his shooting ability he did suck. The rest was gifted with no effort.

I personally like to respect effort, willpower, tenacity and heart but I have no problem watching a freak athlete break the deadlift world record and enjoying that too even if he is roiding.

Of course people are always free to complain an athelete is underperforming or being lazy as with combat sports, there is such a thing as stalling, or heckling which is definitely part of the charm of tribal psychology of sports. Did you want to talk about sports lol.

And in exactly the same way, symmetry, is a law of nature. It's not subjective how one bird is attracted to another bird. The bird doesn't sit down and decide to be post-modern relativistic to score progressive points.

You can't decide to not be attracted to water or enjoy sunlight. Things are not relative, at all. Not even a little bit.

Line 1000 people up, show them pictures of shapes, could be cars, could be houses, could be other people. Then you draw lines across the images and what comes out the other end is factual math. Written in stone.

Warfame's idea of design is to be un-ordinary, like a goth or emo. Yes, you certainly don't look like everyone else anymore but you also don't look particular great, lol.

Again, I welcome the attempt to be special and unique, they just have to stay within bounds instead.

That and then we also need to tie the themes into the design.

Another problem is frames have parts that can't be colored at all and the decals are often illogical, assymetrical stripes and curves that ruin the look.

For example the trinity aura helmet that just has some random lines across it, is the garbled overpiled scrambled look. A weapon with 3 spikes on a chain, a hook on the end and pointing the wrong direction wearing 12 lines of color.

Ignis wraith.

Just HAD to have some extra assymetrical lines you can't color out because god forbid we break he warframe design and make something clean. Then the model itself looks like a plastic toy gun melting away.

Look at the armor set where the shoulders don't match. I mean that literally sums it up right there. They put the entire effort into things not matching.

It just doesn't work that way.

Oberon thanks to the Freyarch Skin (definitely butchered the spelling on that).  Later hated the skin though cause how bad it is with color so used the normal Oberon skin to date. Same thing with Frost. Turns out his head was too big for me to enjoy but bought the skin anyway. 

Been thinking of diving into tennogen stuff but feels like theres no return once you start going there. That Baruuk Grax skin looks amazing.

... Banshee of course with double tennogen investment:

Banshee Blade of the Lotus Skin

and on top (no pun intended) of course

the Tennogen Banshee Dominia Helmet .

She looks now like the Alien Queen out of the well known movie franchise...

oh so well worth thy investment , oh tenno .

IM GUILTY

17 minutes ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

Banshee Blade of the Lotus Skin

and on top (no pun intended) of course

the Tennogen Banshee Dominia Helmet .

She looks now like the Alien Queen out of the well known movie franchise...

Awesome.  Love her BOTL skin.  I prefer the Prime helmet on her---specifically because it looks glamfarkingtastik with the Trickster ephemera.  And definitely an H.R. Giger look.

I only do Fashion Frame on Warframes I actually play the most.

It started with Nova (base skin, Visage) back then and then I got stuck with Trinity Prime and her Strega Skin (which should be the default, tbh).

Maybe I should try to replicate Neith of Zone of the Enders on Trinity, one of her helmets look 100% like.

Archived