Which Warframe did you start going all out into fashion frame for?

I don't go "all out" on fashion frame. Full-on fashion frame requires spending money, and I don't like spending money, hence my strict spending rules, three of which you can probably discern from this post. Besides, I prefer a more minimalistic style.

Here are my current status on cosmetics:

• Deluxe Skin and TWO Tennogen Skins: Mag
  • Deluxe Skin and Tennogen Skin: Ember, Saryn
  • Deluxe Skin only: Banshee, Equinox, Ivara, Mesa, Nova, Nyx, Titania
  • Deluxe Skin due to special "catastrophic ugliness" rule: Oberon

The rest are stuck with free cosmetics for now, though I plan on getting Octavia Deluxe this December.

When I started playing, I had no interest in fashion frame at all (I remember making jokes about clanmates discussing different skins and colour palettes for hours). But then Ember Majesty and my beloved Youkai skin for Ivara came out and bang, it got me... Even started to put skins on frames, that I barely play, if I liked them. Can't wait for the awesome new Khora Tennogen skin to finally arrive, so yeah, I'm lost ;-)

I think the first time I started investing actual time and money into making a cohesive look instead of going "ooh this looks nice" on everything was when I themed Ember Prime around Volcarona. It aged incredibly well compared to some of the other...very questionable fashion choices I made at the time.

Good thing nidus doesn't require any accessories to look good, just 10 mutation stacks.

Only bad thing on nidus is the fact that the different helmets don't change anything else but the head. While it makes sense, i would prefer, as an example, that the myxini helmet would replace the feeler things that come out of the openings with mutation stacks, and replace them with the webbing or whatever slime that stuff is.

For me almost every Warframe has the potential to be great at fashion, what with all the customizations available (although there are some that I absolutely loath). The one that is my absolute favourite though is Mag Pneuma skin with the Repala Syandana.

Mwa! Perfection!

mTciVol.jpg

For me at least ^^

Edited by Kaggelos
On 2020-09-30 at 1:07 AM, Surbusken said:

Yeah I like to call the warframe design "clay transformers" or "lego fail".

Too many assymetrical shapes in piles of piles. You took a regular item, made it assymetrical, cut pieces out of it and added 20+ spikes with clay texture.

I respect the attempt to give warframe a unique look but there is a reason you haven't seen these designs before, lol.

some nice hate for warframe you have there, surely you, as a veritable hater, must have the best ideas for how the game should be redesigned

26 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

some nice hate for warframe you have there, surely you, as a veritable hater, must have the best ideas for how the game should be redesigned

And you as a white knight is going to be a generic suck up and apologize on all issues?

Like I said last time, "symmetry" is a law of nature. It's a fact.

Not a single person on the planet would come out and say it's a matter of subjective taste if you are attracted to people who are cross-eyed.

Think of igor the helper. That's asymmetry at work. Or, think of watching movies, what is the reason the character isn't standing on the far corner of the screen? Because your brain is hardwired, mathematically.

In psychology, at the dawn of mo-cap, they found out, if you put a suit on cat at the joints and remove all vectors, skin and color till you have nothing but dots moving on screen, the brain can still recognize the pattern of cat.

You can't subjectively just draw any lion for the lion king movie and the brain will accept it as a lion. It's not even 0,5% subjective, it's hardcore hardwired to the bone.

But moreover, your logic doesn't connect. You can't have it both ways.

If design is a matter of personal taste, you can't argue I am not allowed to feel what I want to. Other than to suck up to developers.

If design is objective, you will have to rely on evidence based facts, data, experience, knowledge and deduction, logic.

Which I can conclude you have none, since you mention no articles, phrases, theories or make a single point about, well, anything.

So go back, reflect on the situation and ask yourself if you really given your thoughts, some thought, lol and try to come to terms of the reality of your motivation for what you typed. I think the best we can constructively get out of this exchange is you have a lot studying and soul searching to do.

The first fashionframe heavy frame for me was Wukong.

But THE fashion frame for me is Oberon. I've got 4 Primes back is the times where we had only 3 loadouts per frame and made a grand total of 12 different looks. Currently, one of them has 6 loadouts, and I've got 15 looks to choose from.

18 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

And you as a white knight is going to be a generic suck up and apologize on all issues?

Not a single person on the planet would come out and say it's a matter of subjective taste if you are attracted to people who are cross-eyed.

Think of igor the helper. That's asymmetry at work. Or, think of watching movies, what is the reason the character isn't standing on the far corner of the screen? Because your brain is hardwired, mathematically.

In psychology, at the dawn of mo-cap, they found out, if you put a suit on cat at the joints and remove all vectors, skin and color till you have nothing but dots moving on screen, the brain can still recognize the pattern of cat.

You can't subjectively just draw any lion for the lion king movie and the brain will accept it as a lion. It's not even 0,5% subjective, it's hardcore hardwired to the bone.

If design is a matter of personal taste, you can't argue I am not allowed to feel what I want to. Other than to suck up to developers.

If design is objective, you will have to rely on evidence based facts, data, experience, knowledge and deduction, logic.

Which I can conclude you have none, since you mention no articles, phrases, theories or make a single point about, well, anything.

So go back, reflect on the situation and ask yourself if you really given your thoughts, some thought, lol and try to come to terms of the reality of your motivation for what you typed. I think the best we can constructively get out of this exchange is you have a lot studying and soul searching to do.

no hater, i won't be told what to do by you.

the more you type the more you reveal how bizzare and marginal your perspective on the game is. 

you have zero respect of an artist's or designer's vision, not in artistic matters, not in matters of game mechanics.

you want the things to be right the way you'd like them to be, frames perfectily symmetric, helminth completely free - why even play warframe when you fail so hard appreciating it for what it is?

Edited by Traubenzuckr
  • Like 1
On 2020-09-30 at 2:00 AM, DissentWomble said:

Oberon thanks to the Freyarch Skin (definitely butchered the spelling on that).  Later hated the skin though cause how bad it is with color so used the normal Oberon skin to date. Same thing with Frost. Turns out his head was too big for me to enjoy but bought the skin anyway. 

Been thinking of diving into tennogen stuff but feels like theres no return once you start going there. That Baruuk Grax skin looks amazing.

Try Gamma palette if you have it for Oberon Feyarch skin, less saturated colours look better on him imo. For Frost deluxe, Squall helmet looks good with white and light colours in general.

Frost. I really liked the idea behind his design, and he is one of the few that has a trench coat with what looks like a tall neck to shelter himself from the cold. He does have like a backpack too, but when i got the graxx skin for frost, that little thing looked a lot more like an actual cooling machine that fuels frost abilities, which appealed to me alot, plus, it could be used with certain syandanas to make em look as if they are part of the little cooling machine, and it goes very well. The only part of frost i could not make look good for a very long time, were the boots. Too big for certain leg armors, and some did not fit very well or were in the wrong position, until now, that the Oscira collection was released. The leg armos of that collection fit perfectly.

13 hours ago, Surbusken said:

It’s cool to have your own opinions but you should really stop speaking like your opinions are facts. Most of us strongly disagree with you and think Warframe’s art design is fantastic.

You are in the minority with your opinion, stop preaching to everyone like you are the gospel on art design.

• Like 1

I think it was Oberon Prime for me on account that I could no longer ignore how bad it looked.  No matter what head I put on or color combination I could not get it to look good.  First Tennogen skin that I ever bought and glad that I did. 

Realistically speaking it would probably have been Mag.  She was my starter choice, and (obviously) the one I've had the longest.  It's hard to say really, because when I started playing fashion-frame didn't really exist as such.  They slowly added the old style helmets (now known as the "no longer available" Arcane helmets) and then gradually expanded the cosmetics options.  I'm pretty sure that when I started playing customization *might* have been limited to a choice of the basic helmet or up to two Arcane variants that caused minor stat effects.  (And from what little I remember the stat effects were actually hidden, so you had to guess from the vague description what benefit you were getting and if it was worth it.)  Syandannas, cosmetic armor and color customization were added later, so I just took advantage of them as they became available.   Although I'm pretty sure one of the first Tennogen items I saved up for would have been the Rappela syandanna, because it was the only properly cloth-like cape.  (All the DE designed ones were either "meat capes" or had large rigid pieces, like the older ones that claim to be inspired by various types of butterfly.)

Bought my Nezha a tennogen syandana and a palette back when I started. Dude still looks simple but I like him.

Then Limbo Prime happened. Bought him Everything😅 

Eh, granted that I don't use a frame if I can't fashion them, I forgot who I started with.

It was probably Oberon, but rather than "all out" I just put some attachments on him and a fancy syandana, since I couldn't afford to spend too much plat as a new player.

What I can tell you for sure though is the warframe that made me spend the highest amount of plat in one time: Garuda.

To fashion her I spent 835p (I just needed one of those chest pieces) + 165 for the tennogen infested skin + 225 for her deluxe bundle, cause I just didn't want to wait for a purchase discount ticket.

Useless to specify that I don't even use her, but damn I love how she looks now.

Obviously the day after that purchase I got a - 75% discount on my next purchase, lol. 

Edited by (PS4)DidacoJack