Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade-In Extra Argon Crystals for Endo, or Credits, or Anything???

Saint_Tan

Has this ever been discussed or considered?

I am currently sitting on 14 Argon Crystals I have no use for (I have already built everything they are an ingredient for).

But I know they are a bit of a commodity.  Since we can’t trade/sell to other players, it would be nice to have some sort of trade-in value for them to get other in game stuffs.  Any item (even 1 credit or 1 endo) would be better than just letting them all waste away with no gain.

Just a thought.

I'm just a void dwelling peasant who often has 100-400 argon crystals. I wouldn't say no to exchanging argon for kuva or something, but I'd prefer argon crystal was treated like every other resource and didn't disappear after a day. I'd have an near endless supply of bile for all my subsume needs.

42 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

strongly suggest an argon crystal fireplace in the orbitor to warm our companions.

You can buy argon pegmatite decorations for your orbiter. My orbiter looks pretty cool as a crystal cave.

https://i.imgur.com/wprmFZ5.gifv

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I'm just a void dwelling peasant who often has 100-400 argon crystals. I wouldn't say no to exchanging argon for kuva or something, but I'd prefer argon crystal was treated like every other resource and didn't disappear after a day. I'd have an near endless supply of bile for all my subsume needs.

You can buy argon pegmatite decorations for your orbiter. My orbiter looks pretty cool as a crystal cave.

https://i.imgur.com/wprmFZ5.gifv

That actually looks really awesome. I disregarded my orbiter to put all my decorations into my dojo but you've inspired me to finally start doing something with my orbiter again.

On the topic of the post I think there needs to be something other than helminth to burn through argon. Especially since Helminth gain slows the more of the same resource you use it doesn't exactly fix the large amount of argon people get and it just decays away. While I do see that the decay is a way of limiting argon crystal, its rarity and use is all over the place. Other rare resources that newer players have to actively farm for that older players can burn through hundreds before even realizing don't decay but still get a lot of use out of older players through crafting. But Argon crystal will pretty much always need to be actively farmed when needed because of the decay but is obtainable in such large amounts that more Argon Crystal decays from my inventory than gets used. Something repeatable to burn through argon would be great as I sometimes find myself crafting things I don't even necessarily want just to make use of the argon before it decays.

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Excellent news, Tenno. Argon already burns through itself. So you don't need to worry about it. The "problem" is not a problem after all. 

It just seems like such a waste to let it decay. Yeah okay it leaves my inventory and then I don't have to worry about it. But, why is it so easily obtainable in large numbers but not useable in large numbers. It would just be really nice to have something, anything to put argon crystal towards so I'm not just letting it go away on its own. I just don't see why this one resource has to be treated differently to everything else just to make people always have to actively farm it. It doesn't feel right letting more of it decay than it gets used. 

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

It just seems like such a waste to let it decay. Yeah okay it leaves my inventory and then I don't have to worry about it. But, why is it so easily obtainable in large numbers but not useable in large numbers. It would just be really nice to have something, anything to put argon crystal towards so I'm not just letting it go away on its own. I just don't see why this one resource has to be treated differently to everything else just to make people always have to actively farm it. It doesn't feel right letting more of it decay than it gets used. 

Because you've built everything that needs it already. 🤷‍♂️

It's kind of like trying to give cash to Bill Gates for his birthday. You COULD make a bunch of lenses and sell them, or go into large scale Kubrow and Kavat breeding, but.... 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Because you've built everything that needs it already. 🤷‍♂️

It's kind of like trying to give cash to Bill Gates for his birthday. You COULD make a bunch of lenses and sell them, or go into large scale Kubrow and Kavat breeding, but.... 

It doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't use even close to the amount of Argon I gain. I still felt this way when I had things to build requiring argon. Why does Argon have to be the only resource that goes away? Pretty much every time they add something that requires it I have to farm it because it's gone from my inventory. But before then I've farmed more than enough to build what's added 10 times over. The only things I can craft with it seem to take such long periods of time that more of it decays than gets used before the item even finishes. 

To make a greater lens I need forma which has a day craft time. As well as 4 lenses. Then I can make a single greater lens. That's potentially 2 days to make use of 1 argon crystal. Without taking into consideration the farming for lenses.

Pretty much no one buys kubrows anymore from my experience. And with the time to craft a power core (and sleep) that's 2 extra argon to use a day. While hundreds decay. And then I have an excess of power cores that can't keep up with the time to breed a companion.

It still doesn't feel right to just let so much waste away for no reason. 

I was always also bothered by having no use for Argon, its really horrible standing on a pile of 50 just to see them rot away soon. 

Since Helminth Ive been pumping them there as often as I can but now that Ive subsumed almost everything I need I dont really need them anymore. 

So it would be great if I could pump them elsewhere or sell them. 

Why so worried about Argon Crystals having nothing to spend them on?

When I don't see you complaining about the unused pile of 10million+ Salvage.

If anything its those Other Resources you should want trade value for, since they'll be stacking up uselessly forever.

Argon takes care of itself by evaporating, so there's no need to worry about finding a use for it.

Archived