Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

14/15 Day boosters ? (Suggestion)

-FrutyX-

Hey,

so , why don't we have 14 (15) day boosters ? It's not a big deal, but 7-day booster feels too short, on the other hand, 30-day booster feels way too long, some people (me included) won't last farming something more than two weeks (if you run it daily, you'll get bored at some point).

So my suggestion is to add a middle option duration for boosters, it doesn't have any cons and some people would be happy, simple.

Never in any games before booster or premium services were paused when we are offline, easily because it would shrunk their sales, so it's better to just let them run nonstop, and the customer will buy a new one when it runs out. That would be nice for us players, but a terrible business decision for DE.

15 minutes ago, -FrutyX- said:

Never in any games before booster or premium services were paused when we are offline, easily because it would shrunk their sales, so it's better to just let them run nonstop, and the customer will buy a new one when it runs out. That would be nice for us players, but a terrible business decision for DE.

I have experienced this with numerous games over the decades as well, but you cannot say "never in any games" as that is not true, Rappelz being one of old that had some. However, I often wonder if it would really hurt sales that much or not. I know for me and my friends, we end up never buying boosters.. ever. Why? Simply that, when we do get chances to grind, it is usually for three hours on a single day of the week. A booster would be great, but due to timezone and real life, we never can do more than three hours in a single run. So I personally opt to never buy a booster as such, for any game, because of the wasted time. However, on the games that did have paused booster timers when offline, I bought them all the time, usually never went without. So those devs received a lot more money from me than DE has, since DE has received $0 from me in regards to booster purchases.

In an added note, I'm perfectly okay with promotional, event or any other free boosters not being paused. DE does graciously have free double affinity weekends often enough that with some play times, those would stack up on some players and never need to purchase one then. So those should run out, but I'm for purchased boosters of some sort being paused.

Maybe make ones that pause more expensive and a smaller bonus, so like 50% bonus instead of 100%?

1 hour ago, -FrutyX- said:

Times change. We lost most of that ticket time. And when it ends only a long time later, we buy again. If DE does this it will not lose .... because we are aware that after wasting so much time we will not buy more ... by adopting this method we will make better use of the time and I will certainly feel encouraged to buy another one again because I know that I will enjoy the time much better .... Companies need to survive and if they do not change the trend is the loss of players .... there will never be player retention. Just switch players and this is really bad .... you have to have both at the same time ....

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

best solution is pause all booster when we are offline...we can have almost 100% saved time for this booster....and better use. Off course not booster from sorties...but its complicated to work.

If boosters could pause I would still have hundreds of days left on PA boosters I never used because I was offline during long hiatuses.  

5 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

If boosters could pause I would still have hundreds of days left on PA boosters I never used because I was offline during long hiatuses.  

Well easy solution is, if you haven't been active for a period, you don't get free boosters that are given in events.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Just put some limit...like each booster 30 days we have limit of 90 days to consume. DE should make changes to the prize pools(sorties) simply by removing these tickets boosters. It would encourage more people to buy tickets in return and would be much better used ...and profit to DE and better for players too.

Archived