Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(****) Prime leaked via PS4 hotfix for those who missed it

(PSN)Mofojokers

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I see these mistakes happen often in companies and sometimes I wonder if it's a 4D chess move or simply just an accident.

If Primes get leaked, which they so often do. The news spreads like wildfire, giving it free publicity under the guise of people thinking it's secretive.

Maybe I'm just overthinking things, but I think about it with a lot of random leaks if it was an accidental or intentional leak.

I'm absolutely certain it's a common intentional practice in the gaming industry. 

And it's definitely not like DE to just be making the same mistake over and over again. mischievous parks and recreation GIF by HULU

I have a problem regarding prime frames.

Especially now with the helminth system, non-primes I haven't leveled yet, I kind of don't want to invest time and resources, having to reforma over and over, if they are getting a prime version anyway, where I will end up deleting them one day.

That could be forever or never, but I just feel like it's a waste to spend effort on regular frames now, am I crazy?

Should I just level them for exp and throw them into the helminth?

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm absolutely certain it's a common intentional practice in the gaming industry. 

And it's definitely not like DE to just be making the same mistake over and over again. mischievous parks and recreation GIF by HULU

I think the first couple times way back in the day it was an accident, as back then, they actually had the mods quickly locking and deleting threads like this and even handing out warning points for "leaking". 

But I have noticed over the years the "make it disappear" strategy has been replaced by "have the mods make all the leaks a megathread and just say nothing and let people hype". This suggests to me it stopped being an accident at some point. 

1 minute ago, Surbusken said:

Especially now with the helminth system, non-primes I haven't leveled yet, I kind of don't want to invest time and resources, having to reforma over and over, if they are getting a prime version anyway, where I will end up deleting them one day.

That could be forever or never, but I just feel like it's a waste to spend effort on regular frames now, am I crazy?

It depends, how much do you enjoy playing that frame, and how long will it be until it's primed? 

Some of the newer frames will literally be waiting YEARS for their prime. Do you want to stick with the non prime stats that long? Forma aren't that hard to come by. 

That's why I have a couple simple rules: 

1) Never umbral forma a non prime frame. 

2) Before investing a lot of time and forma into a frame, I ask myself two questions: 

A) How much do I play this frame/how much do I really like their theme? 

B) How long do they still have to wait for a prime? A few months? A Year? Probably Years? 

Then I evaluate based on my own personal feelings, and that is my suggestion for you. Look up how long it will be until the frame will be primed, if the order is kept, think about how much you use and like that particular frame. Are you cool waiting that long to get a version that makes the most use of their abilities? If that wait time sounds horrible and it's a frame you use a lot, forma away, you will not regret it. 

43 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

There's a 3.6 year gap between the base frame and its Prime release on average. 

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

You will be forever re-formaing your arsenal because Warframe is an unfinished game/product. I have countless items with multiple "over Formas" because DE changes/nerfs/adds/buffs/fixes something over the years.

Just invest into what you like and you can always go back and put more Forma in if something changes.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

All frames will eventually be primed. It's just part of a cycle every 3 months ruffly.

Generally the pattern is 2 msle then 2 female in the order of their original release.

Meaning the last 2 primes of 2020 should be nezha and octi.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

We had three hotfixes because we are too good at finding these secrets out on PS4 lol.

Isn't Xbox the platform famous for leaking stuff, tho? Specially data mining.

I also don't think it was a good idea to post it here, as DE does not condone leaks, datamining, stuff like that. There's a reason they wanted to keep it secret.

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I'm glad I kept my platinum. The moment I can buy him I will.

I was gonna buy his PA, but the pandemic hit and I'm extremely low on cash. I would but him with plat, but I want to spend mine on the upcoming Tennogen. After that realization hit, I figured I'd prefer farming him anyway, as he's my favorite frame and I'll love his Prime so much more after putting the work into getting him.

6 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

It's Nezha...it's like asking for Wukong to stray off from the monkey-look

Uhm... What? 

I talk about hairstyles, you talk about species. That analogy doesn't hold up.

Nezha is also often depicted with just two buns and no dangly ribbons, or with a single bun, or a decoration on the top of his head or even nothing at all.

I'm not saying those long ribbons of his don't relate to him, I'm saying they could have gone for a different reinterpretation of his hairstyle.

Especially since the normal helm already has those ribbons, that prime is "just" a more detailed version of his base one.

Just in case you'd argued that all primes helms are just more detailed version of their base, look at Mesa, Hydroid, Ash, etc.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)DidacoJack said:

Uhm... What? 

I talk about hairstyles, you talk about species. That analogy doesn't hold up.

Nezha is also often depicted with just two buns and no dangly ribbons, or with a single bun, or a decoration on the top of his head or even nothing at all.

I'm not saying those long ribbons of his don't relate to him, I'm saying they could have gone for a different reinterpretation of his hairstyle.

Especially since the normal helm already has those ribbons, that prime is "just" a more detailed version of his base one.

Just in case you'd argued that all primes helms are just more detailed version of their base, look at Mesa, Hydroid, Ash, etc.

Buns...and ribbons/tassels 

Also

2 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I was gonna buy his PA, but the pandemic hit and I'm extremely low on cash. I would but him with plat, but I want to spend mine on the upcoming Tennogen. After that realization hit, I figured I'd prefer farming him anyway, as he's my favorite frame and I'll love his Prime so much more after putting the work into getting him.

Eh, farming prime parts isn't really that bad, it's farming the damn relics that's a PitA ........ i starting missing Towers again every time a new prime comes out.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

What don't like the trope? It still comes off as girly to me.

I will still fashion frame him as a girl.

The pic looks pretty good.

gr8 b8 m8. I won't bite though.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Buns...and ribbons/tassels 
-cut-

Also

-cut-

I'm sorry, I genuinely don't understand if you agree or disagree.

Archived