Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Disruptions joke missions?

Kaffeebohnson

Ganymede! I shoot the dudes, get their key, I put the key in the thing, I defend the thing. Simple!

Then, a few seconds in like clockwork, some superpowered invincible enemy strolls in and blows themselves up! Nothing I can do about it. Ha! Funny! 

Am I expected to have some doomsday level weapon by this point? I feel like my arsenal is pretty standard Enemy lvl 30 stuff, and the mission feels totally doable up to this point... what is the deal with these frustrating suicide bombers? Is this a troll mission?

some "superpowered" enemy strolls in to blow themselves up, but I find him and 1-shot him before he gets within 200meters of the Conduit.

Letting me speedrun Conduit rotations faster than any other endless mission type.

Yeah, Disruptions are a joke.

Definitely an outlier with how fast they can go, I wonder how long till DE nerfs that.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and answer honestly.

Disruption is best seen as endless mobile defense, but only 1 specific enemy (The Demolisher) can destroy the terminal. Your task is to find it and kill it before it reaches the terminal and blows up. They don't have "standard" HP and armor, but rather a special damage-gating formula based on your own DPS value. They also come with different buffs and can project debuff auras.

Magus Lockdown and Condition Overload melee are your friends to kill them before they reach the terminal. 

The thing  you can do about it is run around looking for the superpowered (not) invincible enemy (Demolisher) as soon as you put the key in the beacon.

The Demolisher beeps. The closer you get the louder the beeps. Run around listening for the beeps and try and home in on them and kill them before they reach the beacon. There are various methods to slow them down once you find them. You don't need to defend the beacon from anything else.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Is this a troll mission?

tbf...kinda
most disruption missions are not at the level of the current starchart node , dunno why de made them like that
the mars one for example - many starting mr2-3 tenno struggle there because it's more like a node for Ceres or even saturn in terms of knoledge needed to beat it.

one advice I can give you if you solo it, turn your sound to max, they give out with sound where they come from and you can start chipping them down long before they reach the thing, so even if you are with a subpar gear you can beat a couple of conduits
and it you really don't have any high level damage weapon, take excalibur or mesa

I remember first encountering disruption missions as a new player and thinking they were impossible, they’re so much harder compared to other nodes at the same level, so I feel OPs frustration here.

Once you progress and get some stronger mods they will he much more manageable. There’s already some good advice in the thread about how to complete them.

my advise, use a savage silence + fatal teleport ash build with fragor prime. you can one shot demolysts with 30 million true damage bypassing all shields and armor and the enemies which aren't open the finishers you can use bladestorm to finish them since you can easily get 200k+ true damage for bladestorm in the savage silence build 

Yes, this guy is objectively not playing game much and he doesn’t know all the stuff. Disruption is just another pretty bad concept mission, as for me, because it requires specific setup , and most likely you not really able to do much without it. However it becomes VERY easy with right setup. If I remember right , some of Warframe abilities can slow demolishera down, like Valkyr’s Warcry so it makes easier to kill it. I’ve never bothered  with disruptions, so up to sortie lvl missions Kuva Chakhur with hunter munitions deal with demolishers very well without any additional requirements in warframes/arcanes.

Like many other things in the game, stuff is not explained very well.

Here's the thing about disruptions, there are 4 conduits,

you need to protect only 1 to clear the node (the more you save the better the reward) before the round ends.

There are different kinds of enemy demolishers with different resistances and they have innate DR and have a nullifying pulse so not only do you need to have good damage you need to keep track of your buffs and de-buffs as well.

you normally need a combination of CC , damage and right elements if you don't have very strong weapons.

You should be able to kill at least one of them if you have a decent enough loadout.

If the game actually explained which abilities work on which enemies, i doubt it would even be an issue to anyone.

But we got special enemies with no explanation as to what they are resistant to to until you look it up in the wiki.

Usually when you have a frame/weapon/mod that could actually be useful for something, it's not available for that content even when it's not broken.

Banshee would be perfect for Eidolons and it would be balanced because you still need to be super careful around Eidolons with a squishy caster. (I used Octavia for just Amp for some Eidolon hunts, i know, Harrow is also about as squishy, at least mine is)

Makes no sense when some Chroma/Rhino builds can facetank it and also oneshot it with overkill damage.

I recomend turning of music to help you locate the demolisher , once you incert key into tower you dont need to defend it , the health displayed over tower is actualy health of demolist unit wich you need to kill .

Some tips - use high damage weapons agiants demolists like snipers or redeemer charge setup , magus lockdown is must have in long disruptions runs as it can stun and stop demolist for few seconds .

51 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Yes, this guy is objectively not playing game much and he doesn’t know all the stuff. Disruption is just another pretty bad concept mission, as for me, because it requires specific setup , and most likely you not really able to do much without it. However it becomes VERY easy with right setup. If I remember right , some of Warframe abilities can slow demolishera down, like Valkyr’s Warcry so it makes easier to kill it. I’ve never bothered  with disruptions, so up to sortie lvl missions Kuva Chakhur with hunter munitions deal with demolishers very well without any additional requirements in warframes/arcanes.

What? Disruptions can be broken down into two things, either a CC gate, or a DPS gate. They will break out of abilities and dispel your buffs on a sort of timer and aura around them, stay a decent distance away and you can melt them with out penalty. Otherwise you can delay them and do slower kills by whittling them away. You can do even steel path disruptions using inaros with fireblast or something.

6 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

What? Disruptions can be broken down into two things, either a CC gate, or a DPS gate. 

This. Kinda.

Generally speaking, you need at least 2 players to do a disruption, but a full team is not needed. For normal disruption missions, high DPS can be all you need, I never gave these missions a second thought or afforded them any planning until I tried them on Steel Path. For Steel Path disruptions, you're going to need crowd control and high DPS, preferably with good armor/shield stripping. 

The crux of the matter is the "superpowered invincible enemy" - the Wiki will tell you all you need to know about them. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Demolisher

I like stopping them with multiple casts of Harrow's subsumable ability, Condemn. There are several ways to stop them, and once you figure out how you want to stop them, then you can kill them. Like all missions, the more you do the more comfortable you'll get.

G'Luck!  :redveil:

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

tbf...kinda
most disruption missions are not at the level of the current starchart node , dunno why de made them like that
the mars one for example - many starting mr2-3 tenno struggle there because it's more like a node for Ceres or even saturn in terms of knoledge needed to beat it.

one advice I can give you if you solo it, turn your sound to max, they give out with sound where they come from and you can start chipping them down long before they reach the thing, so even if you are with a subpar gear you can beat a couple of conduits
and it you really don't have any high level damage weapon, take excalibur or mesa

I would love them to be in the void. And farming prime unvaultwd relics can be fun with those imo.

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

It requires you to actually listen, and that's it. You go down a hallway, and place a waypoint for your teammates to come help.

Like many games, though, it's not the game mode but the players' lack of knowledge.

I play the game on mute while I listen to music, I found out disruptions are easy if I just turn up the volume for those missions only.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It requires you to actually listen, and that's it. You go down a hallway, and place a waypoint for your teammates to come help.

Like many games, though, it's not the game mode but the players' lack of knowledge.

I play the game on mute while I listen to music, I found out disruptions are easy if I just turn up the volume for those missions only.

they are "easy" when the demo appear far away...sometime he spwan in front of conduits.....its very obscure thing i can tell. Not fair ....

pretty much every enemy except the suicide bomber demolyst should just be ignored, apart from the mobs that drop keys for the consoles ofc.

To smackdown the suicide bomber you just need to blast the heck out of it quickly, using a lowish duration/high efficiency build so you can spam crowd control helps as the mob wipes off crowd control effects quite quickly.

A rhino or nova works well, paired with an opticor vandal set for radiation/cold.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

Ganymede! I shoot the dudes, get their key, I put the key in the thing, I defend the thing. Simple!

Then, a few seconds in like clockwork, some superpowered invincible enemy strolls in and blows themselves up! Nothing I can do about it. Ha! Funny! 

Am I expected to have some doomsday level weapon by this point? I feel like my arsenal is pretty standard Enemy lvl 30 stuff, and the mission feels totally doable up to this point... what is the deal with these frustrating suicide bombers? Is this a troll mission?

Invincible enemy? What invincible enemy? The Demolysts are invincible? Whaaaat?

You don't need to "defend the thing". The Demo's beep to let you know where they are, go find them, and kill them. Headphones help because of the stereo effect. And if you really can't kill'em all you have to do is slow them enough to run out the timer. Also, try to show us what you're using as your "pretty standard enemy level 30 stuff" and we might better understand what's going on.

Archived