Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We live in a timeline where Lotus, Steve and Sans are all officially in the same game.

Zahnny

Steve is actually a really great choice offering a lot of interesting possibilities for game mechanics and representing what is technically the world's most popular video game franchise that happens to also be fairly accessibly priced.

I was initially flabbergasted, but I realized that my only discontent was old curmudgeon crap. There's no doubt Steve's introduction will make many, many people extremely happy, especially younger folks for whom Minecraft is effectively my Halo or Dark Souls, and that's invaluable.

While the addition may seem incredulous, what this really means is that the doorway has truly opened, and even wider gaming rep might be included.

For me, that means I have hopes for Dark Souls rep, which would make me cum. figuratively.

Since Microsoft owns both Minecraft and Bungie/Halo (again? idk what is even going on in that scene anymore), we might even see Master Choof in Smash eventually, which would probably make me laugh, but would nonetheless be nutty af.

Monster Hunter rep would also be cool.

(Though, there's certainly a fair argument to be made about the excess of sword-based fighters. I wouldn't mind though. Byleth and Corrin are amongst my fav fighters.)

Anyway, I'm really excited about the possibilities. My dream crack additions would be Bowsette and Hatsune Miku. or even Bloodborne rep. Holy #*!%, that would make me cum twice. figuratively.

5 hours ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

(Though, there's certainly a fair argument to be made about the excess of sword-based fighters. I wouldn't mind though. Byleth and Corrin are amongst my fav fighters.)

You could give them a Hammer, a Bow/Bowgun, or Hunting Horn, a Lance or a Gunlance. Even a Charge Blade or Switch Axe might get a pass, since they turn into axes.

Insect Glaive would probably be my preferred pick. I don't use it, but it seems to present the most opportunities for a moveset (built-in recovery, a projectile, so forth). I kind of doubt they'd call on Rise given that it's still in development though, so it'd probably look more like World or Generations. Maybe an Amalgam of both games?

On 2020-10-05 at 1:11 PM, Gwyndolin-chan said:

Since Microsoft owns both Minecraft and Bungie/Halo (again? idk what is even going on in that scene anymore),

Microsoft owns Halo, but not Bungie. Halo is currently produced by 343 Industries, a studio Microsoft started specifically to manage the franchise.

Bungie was owned by Activision-Blizzard while they developed the two Destiny games (and all of their expansions up to, but not including, Shadowkeep), but they have now gone independent while retaining the rights to the Destiny IP.

On 2020-10-05 at 12:16 PM, Loza03 said:

You could give them a Hammer, a Bow/Bowgun, or Hunting Horn, a Lance or a Gunlance. Even a Charge Blade or Switch Axe might get a pass, since they turn into axes.

Insect Glaive would probably be my preferred pick. I don't use it, but it seems to present the most opportunities for a moveset (built-in recovery, a projectile, so forth). I kind of doubt they'd call on Rise given that it's still in development though, so it'd probably look more like World or Generations. Maybe an Amalgam of both games?

Knowing Sakurai he's likely try to put literally every god damn weapon in one character.

Think Byleth, but even the aerials are different weapons.

Jabs are SnS, forward tilts are Lance jabs (block cancelable natch), up tilts are Hunting Horn swings (the left>right>left ones), down tilts could use Gunlance in a way similar to Samus' dtilt, Forward Smash is a Greatsword, down smash is a Hammer, up smash could be a blast from a Heavy Bowgun, neutral air could be the Dual Blades ledge attack and the down air could be the DB dive attack that follows it, Insect Glaive could be both the Forward and Back airs, I guess the Up air could be a Switch Axe move, Neutral B could be a Bow/Light Bowgun, forward B could be the Long Sword Spirit Round Slash, and down B could be a defensive offence with a Charge blade.

As for the up B? Clutch Claw because Sakurai loves them tether up b's, or the new bug from Rise for advertising purposes.

...Reading that back over that sounds like a hot mess of disjointed hitboxes and an utter nightmare to animate, but this is Sakurai and his team we're talking about, they literally reworked the game from the ground up for Steve after all.

Archived