Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.2.1

5 hours ago, Cyanil said:

I do agree that having to reload the rockets in missions is annoying. Not sure what the fix could be. Maybe a 3 rocket pool with a 30 second cooldown to regen 1 charge? I'd even argue that having to reload everything on the ship at the end of each mission, especially if you have the resources, is just busywork. But I think the ship has sailed for now on these types of changes for railjack. Don't even know if this is something the community by large wants/cares about.

As you stated, Railjack right now sits in its own little corner of the Warframe puzzle. And being disconnected, I know a lot of people max'd it and never return, unless they need to do Nightwave (which right now is max'd for a lot of people, but that's another topic).

But ultimately, my point is that even solo, 10-15 minutes is reasonable time to complete Gian. I'm not disagreeing that it would be nice if it was changed in some way and/or having alternative ways to level intrinsics. I did mine during the Scarlet Spear event, so I do agree that it would be a good thing to have an alternative way of leveling. But since, like most systems, it gets put in and largely forgotten about (for now at least), doing Gian as quickly as possible might be the fastest way to level intrinsics, but I can see someone getting burned out doing that.

My original point was towards a person asking for an easy way to get intrinsics, and perhaps in the long discussion that has been lost.  It is not fun, it is not rewarding, but it is the fastest way to grind in the system.

Regarding the crafting...railjack needs a rather substantial rework.  Going at this from a big picture, there's two ways that I can see doing this. 

If DE wants to keep the current model of crafting while out in the system, then they need to decrease crafting time but give it hard limiters.  No avionics to make it faster, it has to be a calculated risk to produce things.  This model fits with what they've already done, making everything spawn right on top of you and making everything suddenly aware of your position from literally kilometers away.  That's not great, because it's functionally breaking up an action game with crafting, but it does make this higher risk without making it trivial by grind.

If DE is willing to review everything, it's time to consider ditching in-mission crafting.  Post mission you're able to instantly craft anything, but while shots are being fired there's no benefits.  Why do this?  Well, it's higher risk of failure and should offer higher rewards.  It's also forcing the players to balance power spam against a very finite resource pool.  My go-to example would be spawning 6 crew ships, and only having 5 charges for the forward artillery.  This forces either boarding actions, or some other means of dealing with the final ship even if you have everything maxed.  It's not going to be great for solo players, but it would force a diversity of play, unless they simply have us enough charges to cover the entire mission.  If we has 6 charges, it would literally become a penalty for screwing up.  Miss a shot, then you're forced to board.  Rewards for skill...even if it's just basic skills.

Now having said this, what's the reward for DE?  Well, right now virtually everything is capable of being done solo.  Raids were the only content that was forced multiplayer, and they've been dead for a long time.  If railjack could offer something that would require a team, by virtue of limited resources, and be a daily challenge it'd offer real cooperative challenge and fun.  Imagine a mission where you get one shot daily to board a ship, take down 200 regular enemies, 8 crew ships, and face off against a Galleon commander who has a random elemental enhancement and a Lich like ability to have random abilities.  That would bring people to railjack, introduce a real challenge, and if they offered good rewards it'd keep people coming back.  Case in point, a 1% umbral forma, 10% regular forma, 60% resource cache (various resources, so like 10% per resource group), and 29% chance at some new tokens to allow purchase of new stuff from a vendor would give us a reason to give any heed to railjack while waiting for additional content.

I'd love to say more, but it doesn't matter.  DE has abandoned railjack until some time in the future.  By that point hopefully we forget the failings.  I won't.  I hope nobody else does.  At the same time I expect Railjack 2.0 announced in 9 months to a slathering group of fans for Tennocon.  Lather-rinse-repeat. 

• Like 3

Hey, I'm not sure when this happened, but Simaris has the ether dagger blue print now?

I know it's been unofficially announced that plague star is dead.  It's not ideal...given that this was a forma farm and source of some content.  At the same time, these unannounced changes are getting rather more substantial as time goes on.  Maybe it'd be more  reasonable to make some announcement, rather than just sliding it into an update with no documentation (like your changes to the Deimos bounty).

Alternatively, I have a bug report for you.  Yeah, the ether daggers are bad.  At the same time it's interesting to see you kill a fan requested event.  Remember when we the community asked for a Lephantis style encounter on the huge and empty open world?  Remember it was before the three orb mothers, of which only two currently exist?

Excuse the heavy handed sarcasm here.  It's getting depressing to see what little effort has come from 2020.  Especially when more seems to be going to cosmetics than to the events you have which are meant to bring players in daily.  Yeah, looking at you Nightwave season infinity.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

Hey, I'm not sure when this happened, but Simaris has the ether dagger blue print now?

I know it's been unofficially announced that plague star is dead.  It's not ideal...given that this was a forma farm and source of some content.  At the same time, these unannounced changes are getting rather more substantial as time goes on.  Maybe it'd be more  reasonable to make some announcement, rather than just sliding it into an update with no documentation (like your changes to the Deimos bounty).

Alternatively, I have a bug report for you.  Yeah, the ether daggers are bad.  At the same time it's interesting to see you kill a fan requested event.  Remember when we the community asked for a Lephantis style encounter on the huge and empty open world?  Remember it was before the three orb mothers, of which only two currently exist?

Excuse the heavy handed sarcasm here.  It's getting depressing to see what little effort has come from 2020.  Especially when more seems to be going to cosmetics than to the events you have which are meant to bring players in daily.  Yeah, looking at you Nightwave season infinity.

its simple if you do not like game do not play it go find something else the game is free it wont miss you if you leave or not no one cares of you or of me we all are same boat

5 hours ago, Nekros_Life said:

its simple if you do not like game do not play it go find something else the game is free it wont miss you if you leave or not no one cares of you or of me we all are same boat

Sorry but the excuse that the game is free is absolutely terrible for justifying anything. It may be free, but if everyone treats it as such, the game won't survive. The hard fact is that some people have spent hundreds of dollars to support the dev. No, they did not have to. But it's them spending that money that actually keeps the game going.

And regardless of if the game was truly free without a way to purchase anything, voicing your opinion to gets things better is NEVER a bad thing. You suggesting people go find something else just leads to less players in the game. And that's never a good thing.

And finally, people are frustrated because DE went from being a dev that listened closely, and reacted very quickly, to a dev who has great ambitions but very poor execution of late. Disjointed systems, bugs galore, very few events, and the worst to me is that they seem to ignore a lot of feedback now.

Edited by Cyanil
  • Like 8
8 hours ago, Nekros_Life said:

i do not understand why people rush for content then play everything then get boored and leave what is the point of gameplay anymore

So you've managed to post one coherent idea over the course of three posts.  I would like to introduce you to the ellipses in the upper right hand corner of the forum.  They are the three periods, assuming that ellipses is a word not in your vocabulary, and you don't want to look it up.

Click on it.  Choose the edit function, and add all of the lines of content into a single post.  When done submit, and you've got a non spammed post with a coherent and complete idea.

Now that I've explained basic guidelines, let's talk about the fundamental point of feedback.  It's to give solid data about how a game is being perceived to the people making it.  That includes bugs, bad decisions, requested new features, and a litany of other things.  What it does not include is one poster telling another that everything is fine and thus their opinion is pointless.

But, I've suggested leaving.  I've suggested that warframe is not perfect.  Isn't it pretty backwards to call somebody else out for it?  No.  What we have here is the traditional response of the hurt fanboy that doesn't yet understand the game.  Join date of this year according to the forum, with a grand total of 2 posts.  Why 2, well 3 run-on posts is only one idea.  This means 2 valid postings.

Why am I so harsh, and why call someone out?  Well, I'm tired of the people who have put no time into this game acting as protectors of the faith for DE.  Their game has to stand on its own, and if people constantly defend them from having to get better it never will.  Let me explain it to you, in a shortened form.

Do you like vacuum on your companions?  That was community feedback.

Do you like the current resource costing of titanium?  That was buffed x4 because of community feedback.

Do you like the current enemy scaling?  What was changed because the exponential curve was unreasonable by community feedback.

Do you like having access to all companions at all times, without a 24 hour wait to unfreeze organics?  That was community feedback.

etc...

I provide feedback about broken crap so the developers can change things.  So we are clear, you don't really have enough experience to get what is good or bad in this game after 10 hours.  You probably don't after 100 hours.  What you will find is that most of the content is locked behind RNG grind walls, and after that there are artificial wait walls, and after that there's grind to max things out, topped off with the payment for this game being obfuscated by the need to buy slots.  None of this is unreasonable, but eventually you will see the results of 0.201% drop chances.  You will see the problem with Rivens, and the problem with systems that are not integrated into the core game modes.  If you can get even 80% of the mastery rank points in this game, and don't have issues, then please come back to the table.

Now, let's talk about the above basic ask.  80% of what?  Well, get each weapon to level 30 or 40.  Get each companion to 30, each warframe to 30, each archwing to 30, k-drive to 30, necramech to 30, archgun to 30 or 40, each archmelee to 30, and go through the railjack grind.  I won't ask you to do conclave, but I will require you either form a clan and spend literally dozens of forma to get the rooms or join one.  That sounds like a lot to do....but it's a 7 year old game.  Maybe 90% of the content is more than a year old.  As such, there is going to be a lot new to you that is literally ancient to other people.  

Now you hopefully get where veterans are coming from.  Probably not from the immediate dismissal and arrogance that "players are complaining about grinding through content too fast."  It's not like the new content this year was:

3 prime frames

6 prime weapons

1 tileset rework

2 frames (Protea and Xaku)

5 warframe weapons (4 for Protea, 1 for Xaku)

and a stripped down open world (4 weapons, 2 companions with minor alterations to make 6, 1 mech, and 2 archguns)

-edit-

I forgot two weapons.  I forgot the Basmu and Ceti Lacera that were Scarlet Spear exclusives.  My bad on that one, given that the focus was almost entirely on the garbage avionics drops, the insane cost for 21 platinum arcanes, the general bugs, and most importantly the permanent changes to frames brought about by a limited time event which were simply those frames doing what they were designed to do.  RIP Limbo builds with low duration for anything but crate exploding.

I also failed to mention the primary kitguns....because they are garbage.  It took almost half a year for them to appear as MR sources, and they failed to impress after the one great one was nerfed.  The result is two depressing guns, and two that are so firmly in the middle of the pack it is not funny.

-edit end-

It's almost like an entire year of content could be completed in literally two weeks of game play.  It's not like glassmaker is 22 weeks in, there's no end in sight, and we can quite easily already have the maximum rewards just by doing the challenges.  It's not like DE has already promised 2 more frames, infested kitguns, another mech, and a litany of outstanding promises from back to 2016 still awaiting delivery.  It's not like they've given outside interviews stating that railjack development has been put on hold to get Deimos out the door.  Oh wait....all of that is true.

Ouch.  Big promises wear thin after failures to deliver.  DE has three years of that against the one truly amazing gut-punch of the second dream.  That's why peak player count drops 33% after a content infusion...and why people are trying to ask DE for sustainable content.  Warframe isn't dying, but it's only truly living in that small window where players are willing to engage with new content.  That's not healthy when those windows are once a quarter.  

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 10

OK DE, it's time to review game performance.  It's a fresh new week, and we're less than two days in.  Let's cover the frustrations of a new week.

The corpus ship reworked tileset is still broken. 

-The large T shaped room that is a hangar bay still has two locations where ayatans and syndicate medallions spawn outside of bounds for players.

-The ending tile with the pop-up display can still spawn things below it, and unreachable by players.

-The spy missions have several side paths with no access through damage grates, which regularly has medallions spawn outside of player bounds.

The Exploiter Orb is a joke.  It took 3 runs to get the thing to work.  

-Failure 1 was after the first heat vent was damaged.  The orb simply never turned around, and kept running into the wall.  This meant the vents were invincible.

-Failure 2 was in the hallway leading to the boss battle itself.  The doorway never opened, and we were trapped between two locked doors.

Now the fun stuff.  

-The one bright spot here is that the railjack resource refund and rebalance is good.  I don't think it's great given the month of time before it was reviewed, but at least now it's reasonable.  

-Falling through the world is still possible in a number of places.  Deimos, PoE, and even once on a derelict ship. 

-Stuck on terrain...yep.  About once every 20 missions I have to use unstuck.  I main Zephyr though, so it may be using tailwind has a strange modification to the hitboxes.

-Helminth.  Only 1 lock-up.  That's a lot better than previous, but it's only about 5 accesses thus far this week.  Thankfully I'll be shelving it soon, given that there's no reason to care after all the frames are fed to it.

-Helminth again.  Nearly a month to fix Limbo+Tesla.  It's rather comical that you have test serves but never thought to use them to test out these power combinations.

-We're going to see the newest prime about 20 days early...yay.  Maybe it'll be more information than what we already have because of the people on console able to link to it already.  What?  Yeah, you don't have to worry about data mining when your own team is giving us previews in-game.

-155000.  The amount of standing I have lying around for glass maker with no conversion.  That's because I haven't engaged with any Lich based stuff at all...meaning there are people out there with a lot more.  Either give us an extension, or it's time to explain when we'll have something to do.  This extended wait is not doing you favors, and it's not like another 30 levels of grind would matter.  Veterans might buy more stuff, but it's all things they may already be loaded with.  Oh no, I might have 71 reactors instead of 69.  What an utter problem....and hopefully the irony and cynicism is apparent with that statement.

I'd like to continue, but it seems not to matter.  I look forward to hearing that Helminth will be receiving a rebalance in another week or two....after all the early adopters have sunk their resources.  That at least will be the confirmation the system is dead.  Between that and smashing anything remotely meta this was a severely disappointing attempt at making an interesting system of long term exploration.

• Like 4
  • [DE]Megan locked and unpinned this topic