Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "new" eidolon hunt is a terrible experience

Yank31

Hello,

Returning player, 1500 hours play time, MR 25, ~500 hydrolist captures. Hunting Eidolons was by far my favorite thing to do in the game, back then (around fortuna release). Playing as Trinity, meaning managing the lures.

However, as I got back into it these days, it seems to me that it is now much harder (random ? pseudo random ?) to find vomvalysts to charge the lures. In fact, 10 sessions or so in, it seems to me that FINDING vomvalysts is now, by far, the most problematic thing you have to do. Which, as a Trinity player, drives me nuts just to write it.

Because what this ends up meaning, for a Trinity player, is I now spend the WHOLE HUNT flying around to different random spots that I've been told by an up-to-date hunter that vomvalysts can, maybe, spawn. That is effectively all I do, I run around hoping to hopefully find, with the help of the atrociously small top left minimap, some vomvalysts.

What I ended up realizing is I do not need an amp (I have like 10). I do not need guns (well ok, maybe 1 to kill the voms). Don't need arcane, don't need anything but enemy radar mods and some movement speed I guess. That is absolutely horrible.

Hunting tridolons should NOT be running around preying to RNGesus that 2 or 3 voms will have spawned at "known-spot#17", or hey, did you check "known-spot#13 for when the eidolon far spawns" for 60 minutes. Or trying to figure out if wp2 is leading to a vom pack, or maybe not, in the midst of all the stuff going on in the UI. That's a horrible experience. That's zero. More frankly, as I just said to my squad before I simply left mid night, this is S#&$. This hunt is now S#&$. For the lure-manager anyway.

Zero fun.

I'm actually angered by this, seeing how I loved doing this hunt, as a Trinity (or lure-manager, if you want to play wisp or w/e), and now I do not see the point. There is no point, zero fun, in running around for 60 minutes while the 3 others keep saying : lures, lures, lures. Yes, I know, lures. That's now effectively ALL I do. But the voms are just not there.

So, 2 questions :

- Why did you change this hunt, beforehand voms would always come when one eidolon was down, in a sufficient number to charge 2 lures or so. This allowed lure-manager to get some lures sure, but also stay near the eidolon and help take down an eidolon. To do all the things, charge VS, void dash the head, cast 4 to help my dps, cast infused smite why not, etc. Play the game and hunt an eidolon, with the squad. Not run around the god damn map after things that do not spawn. Sickening.

- How do you fellow lure-managers do, or feel about this hunt nowadays?

I am actually very pissed at the current state of the hunt. Again, running around after RNG spawning, black on black, little things for 60 minutes is NOT FUN, DE. NOT. FUN.

PS : if anyone from the staff read this, thank you so much for this game, actually amazing. On so many levels. Good job. Thank you. But boy this up there, this is not cool :(

Oh.. Now that makes sense why we took so long to even beat the first one.

Vomvalysts are sometimes so scarce, I have to charge lures during battle at the Teralysts feet by killing the Voms there, which isn't efficient at all.

I am lucky if I can find a lure with 3 Voms around.

Its a shame that Eidolons were basicly forgotten by DE. Each new update makes less stuff work with eidolons, either by intended changes, or bugs that are ignored. The meta becomes more and more demanding, meaning new players have less and less change to find good groups for eidolons, that makes the activity less and less popluar. I wouldnt be surprised if DE just removed those like Trails.

For me personaly, I have a lot of issues with Eidolons, but that part of the game is one of the best, if not THE best content in game. Sure, progression around them is not good at all, Focus need to be reworked to make all schools more versitile, a lot of stuff needs to work with operators. But the core idea is good. I only wish there were few instances that were out of shift with each other so there is always an instance of Night on PoE.

this bug of vomvs not function as they used to hangs for about half year.

but it's actually more bless than curse since spots are not random, mechanics of spawn is not random and as result you never will skip any vomvs because it's flying ultra slow,

so kinda now it's way easier for experienced hunter to manage this due to vomvs positions become even more predictable (due to not moving away from their spawns).

welcome out of fridge and git gud.

p.s. hope this never will be fixed since dual 6x3 as dps-lurekeeper with old flying fast vomvs was less stable for me.

Pre ss was last time i ran eidolon. vombs were spawned near the lure spawn point, killed vombs at lure spawn before racing to the next. Volt got the first tery lure. Trinity gets 6/8 during tery phase. Trinitys job is just lures and healing, mainly because everything else is 1 shot shield 1shot limb.   

11 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

this bug of vomvs not function as they used to hangs for about half year.

but it's actually more bless than curse since spots are not random, mechanics of spawn is not random and as result you never will skip any vomvs because it's flying ultra slow,

so kinda now it's way easier for experienced hunter to manage this due to vomvs positions become even more predictable (due to not moving away from their spawns).

welcome out of fridge and git gud.

p.s. hope this never will be fixed since dual 6x3 as dps-lurekeeper with old flying fast vomvs was less stable for me.

no way is that THE pink_wet_underwear?!?!?!!?!?!?

As of 27.4, vomvalysts move much slower. Has been reported in this thread: 

It is not clear whether this is a bug or a deliberate change. In any event, vomvalysts spawn in the same spots they always have since the plains rework. When you break all the limbs, you can no longer count on the vom convoy to rush in quickly so you can do all your lure charging on top of the eidolon. They move too slowly now so you have to dash up into the air, look around, find the direction they are coming from and intercept. In fast hunts (5x3/6x3), this is common and has been since before the plains rework. There are not less vomvalysts.

Yeah, I used to count on the vom convoy as you call it (nice one), to fill up lures. Would void dash the eidolon butt a ton, as well, after last shield (that doesn't seem to work as well as it did either, seemingly you need some distance now?). I would not jump around looking for voms. I don't know when the PoE rework occured, but this the hunt as I recall it, before Fortuna release (nov 2018).

Arguably, less skill required from Trinity. On the other hand, you got to shoot the big boys much more.

Anyway, the "git gud" comment got to me, and I'm getting used to finding them a bit faster/easier now. It's just knowing where they can spawn, and when to check, which... is kinda rewarding, I'll admit.

Bit of a shame that this hunt became more "voms hunting" than "eidolon hunting" for the lure-boy, but it does seem manageable. Less random that I thought, there are indeed spawn patterns.

It does feel wrong when Onko says "Smaller Sentients rush to the Eidolon's aid, healing it. Stop them!" and nothing show up, though.

Yeah the lengths you have to go to in a hunt because DE is dog s**t at coding and doesn't care at all about eidolon hunters is really infuriating.  And the problem is about twice as bad because of the vasca kavats diluting the spawn pool.  Seriously, you need to find a vasca kavat like 3 times in your entire account progress, but you need to find voms more like hundreds of times to level up with the quills, even if you don't do any eidolon hunting at all.  So it's absolutely retarded that the vasca to vomvalyst spawn ratio is anywhere remotely close to 50/50.

On 2020-10-04 at 6:24 PM, Lolacrayola said:

In fast hunts (5x3/6x3), this is common and has been since before the plains rework.

No.  Prior to scarlet spear, you only needed to look for voms for fast charging the first lure, and all the rest of the voms for the remaining 7 lures would come to you during the course of the hunt.  Even in 5x3's and 6x3's.  The lure manager spending basically all of the gantulyst phase just going around looking for voms due to DE's incompetence is a "new" ( 4-ish months old) thing.

Read again. They still come to you during the course of the hunt, but they move much slower. When you break all the limbs it is common for none of the voms to even reach the eidolon before it stands up again.

You do not need to spend all of gantulyst looking for voms to charge lures!

5 hours ago, eboomer said:

vasca kavats diluting the spawn pool

and amazing infested spawns during plague star.

it's like seems no point to expect any fix.

water limb issue since remaster, lures have ai issues, gravity issues and finding space for teleport issues since arbitration (it's almost 2 years already) because arbitration drones ruined all other drones in whole game lol.

true hitboxes places always used to be garbage (like rly, knee hitbox is actually like invisible knee over the existing visual knee, shoulder hitbox is under armpit, some insane cringe on hands during animations)

then they additionaly ruin hitboxes at lich patch, made it shifted away for few meters from eidolon, then fixed back but not completely, like main body have so weird hitbox at capshot, like it only persent by some patches in some spots of it's body, gun-hand hitbox covering half eidolon body and clearly oversized few times. any fix? probably never.

propa pop on just shooting eidolon without timing it? ha. not anymore.

tpose eidolon for clients here for years.

arcanes bugged after using on archwing for half year.

-1 shard plug? literally since the begining.

dem night time is still not 50 minutes. like ok, before ss it was rly bad up to +60s (and over that in some cases), but even now you can get in and have from -5s to +15s at start. how dem hard to make night time 50 mins lol.

they seems already forgot how eidolon loot works even. a steel drop on eidolon despawn when it's dead half minute ago? that's lol.

when a developer telling you they can't represent bug with water limb and projectile weapon it's the end of story.

time to remove dolons from game.

A week, probably 50~100 hydros, later, I am now much more confindent in finding the voms. It's not perfect and there's probably much faster way to do it, but it's "good enough" for us to hit times near ~9min20, and thus, if the network allows, 5x3.

I will say, if anyone reading this is/was having the same issue, that the turning point was how I bring lures in. I won't go over what I previously did, which wasn't working, but instead will lay down what I do now.

DPS gets and charges first lure. I bring him +2 lures (to teralyst), he takes them, and charges them on tera or nearby.

Meanwhile i get +5 lures, chill at some distance while the 3 (1+2) dps lures are getting charged, then dive into the teralyst (usually just as he dies), to salvage any more voms. I stay near his feet to look for any voms (2 radar mods, i cast propa & immediately switch into warframe). This usually gives me ~2/6 free voms. And still have time to reach the island to get and put the shard in (sometimes a couple seconds late, but I feel it is worth it).

So now the dps has his blue lure, and I have 5 yellow (maybe some are blue already). On gantu I leave 2 yellow on hold position at his feet (to hopefully get charged by random voms) and fly around to try to charge my following lures that are still yellow (1~2 usually). Checking the "known spots". I usually get at least 2 blue, sometimes all 3 by capshot. Then back to gantu and if there's a yellow lure left, i mark it and ask my dps (who does take the yellow when I leave them) to "give me yellow ally".

Like I do with tera, I linger few seconds during Gantu death animation, and try to kill any voms showing up.

By doing this, we mostly do not have much (if any) delay due to charged lure anymore. Which, as a lure-boy, does feel good.

In short, +2, +5, some shenanigans with hold position/follow after that. Still looking for voms but I'm now, most of the time, 100% free to shoot the hydro, at least. And it feels ok.

With this arrangement (also hunting with the same people, that you appreciate), I'm enjoying it again.

Archived