(PS4) “Heart of Deimos: Interim Update 29.2.1” Status: Live!

23 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Tennogen is not mods, not even remotely close to mods.

Mods dont require developers blessing and direct implementation. DE themselves approve and sometimes even alter tennogen to suit themselves.

Mods are entirely player driven

Tennogen is content, community originated yes, but directly curated by DE. The only thing that holds them back from uploading all tennogen is their slow work cycle on it and their respect for the origional artist involved wishes.

However ultimately DE alone has control over what tennogen is implemented, and what tennogen makes it to console.

I was trying to give the best example I could, since I cannot think of a company that does anything similar. I know it's not exactly like mods, but its like mods in that it's user generated.

Also, is there any other content that PC has that console does not? The only other thing I can think of is the Excal Prime founders pack that even PC can't get anymore.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

I was trying to give the best example I could, since I cannot think of a company that does anything similar. I know it's not exactly like mods, but its like mods in that it's user generated.

Also, is there any other content that PC has that console does not? The only other thing I can think of is the Excal Prime founders pack that even PC can't get anymore.

Pretty sure there’s rubedo skins pc has and console doesn’t.

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to (PS4) “Heart of Deimos: Interim Update 29.2.1” Status: In Cert!

“Heart of Deimos: Interim Update 29.2.1” has officially been sent to Cert! 

We are also remastering our textures and lightmaps game wide - When the update goes live, Warframe will go from ~41 GB to ~22.6 GB after it has been fully downloaded again! This is part of the first steps we are taking towards the “ensmallening” on consoles that we’ve seen over on PC - more details in the official dev workshop here. Keep in mind the information in the workshop was specifically directed to PC users at the time, but the following quote is relevant to our efforts towards this specific remastering on PS4: 

One of the things we’re doing to reduce our footprint involves changing how our texture data is compressed. Although it isn’t a perfect analogy it’s similar to the trade-off between image-quality and file-size you get with different image formats: PNG is lossless but can mean very large files, JPEG files can be very small but may contain visible artifacts of the compression. The technology we’re using is called Oodle Texture and we’re extremely pleased with the savings we’re getting: our files are roughly half the size on disk and the visual differences are negligible.

In this first update we’re going to change our Lightmaps. We spent a lot of time carefully analyzing the quality of the results and we doubt anyone will even notice anywhere but the harshest of tests.

More changes will come in stages, but for now we are starting with textures and lightmaps. Due to the remastering, Warframe will be re-downloaded in its entirety. This will appear no different from any other update, business as usual! It will download in the background as is expected with all updates. 

Here are some things to keep in mind before the update goes live: 

• You do NOT need to delete Warframe before the update.     
  • You do NOT have to back-up your data before the update. 
  • Your Warframe settings should be saved after the remaster launches, but we have run into issues in the past where they have - we apologize if this occurs!

Once we have passed Cert we will share the news and an official launch time! 

Note: Us Canadians have a long weekend coming up (Monday, Oct 12th the “studio” is closed)! So you will likely hear from us later on in the week next week on Cert status. 

• Like 2
On 2020-10-04 at 9:52 AM, (PS4)marcelosantosds said:

@[DE]Danielle, when will come Necramech transference on ps4?

I cant play... every time in plains and Orb... every necramech summon stucked 😔

How does that occur? I ask because I'm on PS4 and I use my necramech all the time in those same areas and I never had that issue where my operator is stuck during transference 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)ThanatosSloth said:

I feel like I'm in game of thrones waiting for winter....

That's why I tell my friends on console and other people on console the best advice when you have to wait for a PC update to become available on console; just take a year off from playing Warframe.

That's what me and my friends do because usually it takes close to a year or exactly a year for consoles to get every possible update for the current content. In my experience when you try to sit there and wait for the new updates to be released on Console it stresses you out. It even stresses you out more when you see digital extremes and other players talking about how great the updates are on PC, some people view it as people giving consoles the middle finger.

It's the reason why a long time ago me and a couple of friends made a rule after you complete every possible content acquired every possible item in the game mid-max every faction you can possibly, in other words do everything in the game that you can humanly possible with the time you have and the experience. After all that just take a year off take a break play other games then come back.

Also think about it too it's not like the content takes you a long time to finish anyways. Ex It took me less than 15 days to mid-max a railjack to solo Vale missions with every level being 7+ with all Mark 3 gear with everything being part of a railjack house. Also catching up with every content missed every item I wasn't around to Chase everything took me less than a month to do. That's why I made an argument on Instagram that digital extremes needs to start making content that can be long term. Too much of the content drops is short-term. 

Also took me less time of that to acquire a necramech and to fully Max it while dealing with the whole XP glitch nonsense. You know the glitch where if you leave your necramech in any mission you lose all of your XP if you try to go back in it. Same issue applies if it dies and you resummon it again. I just hope whatever updates we get in the future that they are going to fix this because this is one of the reasons why I haven't Forma my necramech.

Not to mention there's even a floor glitch sometimes in missions when you jump in a mission already in progress sometimes you are stuck in the floor I'm pretty sure this is only on Console because PC players haven't reported issues about it here and there is so many other stuff I can make a list which I have on Instagram.

In the future though I really think digital extremes should look into revamping the Mastery system. The Mastery system should be part of the endgame not part of a system that rewards players for leveling up random junk. I believe the Mastery system should be designed to give people a reason to do content that they normally wouldn't do example steel path conclave shorties maxing out your factions all of this should give you Mastery points hands the word mastery. Any moron can Master leveling up some random item but it takes a real master of Warframe to understand each mechanic in the endgame to a point where he or she is teaching others how to do the endgame. I just seen too many people lately who are Mastery 20 and they don't understand basic concepts of how to do endgame content like sorties bounties or even making a companion they just simply don't understand proper concepts of the game with the only reason of being a MR20 is because they leveled up random junk that they don't even use.

Edited by (PS4)laxwiccan666
On 2020-10-01 at 10:42 PM, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

Thank the Gods! Been to long trying to fish and conserve out there on Deimos the way it is now. And now maybe I get any Necramech mods to drop. (I have run well over 50-100 ISO vaults up to stage 3 solo, and have YET to have even 1 Necramech mod drop for me. That is just past bad RNG)

You are not alone i have the same problem :((((( 

1 hour ago, (PS4)laxwiccan666 said:

That's why I tell my friends on console and other people on console the best advice when you have to wait for a PC update to become available on console; just take a year off from playing Warframe.

That's what me and my friends do because usually it takes close to a year or exactly a year for consoles to get every possible update for the current content. In my experience when you try to sit there and wait for the new updates to be released on Console it stresses you out. It even stresses you out more when you see digital extremes and other players talking about how great the updates are on PC, some people view it as people giving consoles the middle finger.

It's the reason why a long time ago me and a couple of friends made a rule after you complete every possible content acquired every possible item in the game mid-max every faction you can possibly, in other words do everything in the game that you can humanly possible with the time you have and the experience. After all that just take a year off take a break play other games then come back.

Also think about it too it's not like the content takes you a long time to finish anyways. Ex It took me less than 15 days to mid-max a railjack to solo Vale missions with every level being 7+ with all Mark 3 gear with everything being part of a railjack house. Also catching up with every content missed every item I wasn't around to Chase everything took me less than a month to do. That's why I made an argument on Instagram that digital extremes needs to start making content that can be long term. Too much of the content drops is short-term. 

Also took me less time of that to acquire a necramech and to fully Max it while dealing with the whole XP glitch nonsense. You know the glitch where if you leave your necramech in any mission you lose all of your XP if you try to go back in it. Same issue applies if it dies and you resummon it again. I just hope whatever updates we get in the future that they are going to fix this because this is one of the reasons why I haven't Forma my necramech.

Not to mention there's even a floor glitch sometimes in missions when you jump in a mission already in progress sometimes you are stuck in the floor I'm pretty sure this is only on Console because PC players haven't reported issues about it here and there is so many other stuff I can make a list which I have on Instagram.

In the future though I really think digital extremes should look into revamping the Mastery system. The Mastery system should be part of the endgame not part of a system that rewards players for leveling up random junk. I believe the Mastery system should be designed to give people a reason to do content that they normally wouldn't do example steel path conclave shorties maxing out your factions all of this should give you Mastery points hands the word mastery. Any moron can Master leveling up some random item but it takes a real master of Warframe to understand each mechanic in the endgame to a point where he or she is teaching others how to do the endgame. I just seen too many people lately who are Mastery 20 and they don't understand basic concepts of how to do endgame content like sorties bounties or even making a companion they just simply don't understand proper concepts of the game with the only reason of being a MR20 is because they leveled up random junk that they don't even use.

Yeah, all my games get updates next week...cept this one i suppose...ff14, ghost of tsushima, I get the new quest vr...warframe is my default "pick up and play for 15 mins" game, and updates to xaku are what put me in the vast untime for the last month, cause pc got all the updates to make them workable, and they are just kinda a joke on consoles...only thing they got going for them is the dodge animation and looks...usability is very meh...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (PS4)eugenejordan said:

Thanks for the nerf this is say i dont try  to farm for the helm system are try to get past mr10 their is no point in dooing sio sice you dev nerf everything #*!%ing thing and always leave us console players behinde is bullS#&$

Well, that is not the way to express yourself and actually have anyone take you seriously. Like DE has said when they are looking though these things, posts like yours get ignored. If you really want change, express you self in a better manner.

That being said, they don't nerf everything. We are finally getting balance updated. I know the community likes to see any balancing as a nerf, but if they buffed everything to match one OP thing, then everything would be OP and the game would be super boring to play.

Also, it is well know that console is behind PC due to the certification process they have to do with consoles that they do not have to do with PC. With PC they can change the game in any way any time they want. You cannot do that with consoles. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo would not allow it. Same reason that PC gets more plat sales then we do. On PC DE controls plat, on console Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo do.

People should really make an effort to understand where some of our frustrations come from instead of just going off. Yes, it sucks to wait for updated that PC can have the second they are ready. If you don't like that that much, then console gaming isn't for you. Get yourself a PC, its the only way to get around that issue for any game, including this one. The only reason that other games get updates all at the same time on all systems would be because they are literally holding the PC release of an update until they get cert approval from the consoles. DE choices not to do that. That's the way it is and the way it will be for the foreseeable future.

To be fair is called a nerf when every time they do things for "balance" is to made them weaker instead of make the other weapons/frames/companions/mods/abilities more useful I almost never see a buff in this game, and when there is some buff also come with nerfs.

Let me give you some examples:

- hydroid corrosive rain now cant strip armor VS other frames like xaku, Vauban, hyldrin and more of then that can do it

- meele 3.0 was a buff for a lot of melees but they nerf condition overload really bad making a HUGE nerf to only status based builds and Crit is king again

- Status changes viral and heat are stronger, and electricity is a little better but they nerfed gas because now does gas clouds killing weapons like cyanex, they capped corrosive to 80% so now is a lot better to Just build for viral.

- They nerf to every Launcher/AoE weapon Just because of the kuva bramma

I thing the only buff that did not come with nerfs the past years were the railjack ones, except for the nerf of cryophon (frost shotgun cannon), but it not like railjack was like they showed us in first place because is a content island

Edited by (PS4)Shadow_Mortex
More info
1 hour ago, (PS4)Shadow_Mortex said:

To be fair is called a nerf when every time they do things for "balance" is to made them weaker instead of make the other weapons/frames/companions/mods/abilities more useful I almost never see a buff in this game, and when there is some buff also come with nerfs.

- hydroid corrosive rain now cant strip armor VS other frames like xaku, Vauban, hyldrin and more of then that can do it

- meele 3.0 was a buff for a lot of melees but they nerf condition overload really bad making a HUGE nerf to only status based builds and Crit is king again

- Status changes viral and heat are stronger, and electricity is a little better but they nerfed gas because now does gas clouds killing weapons like cyanex, they capped corrosive to 80% so now is a lot better to Just build for viral.

I thing the only buff that did not come with nerfs the past years were the railjack ones, except for the nerf of cryophon (frost shotgun cannon), but it not like railjack was like they showed us in first place because is a content island

Agreed on all points, at least my point of view....especially hydroid...they need to make the augment out right armor strip, rather than corrosive...would put him back on my most loved frame list again...since the status change hes a very sad octopus

On 2020-10-02 at 5:42 AM, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

(I have run well over 50-100 ISO vaults up to stage 3 solo, and have YET to have even 1 Necramech mod drop for me. That is just past bad RNG)

Me who's only run tier 1 Vaults Solo and 1 tier 2 vault, with nearly 2 sets of damaged necramech parts and like 4 of the mods: 👁️👄👁️

STILL no mention of fixing Railjack Ordnances not firing ever since Heart of Deimos was released? No mention about Galvarcs only dealing 1-2 ticks of damage and then shutting off?

How many times does it need to be mentioned in the bug report forums before someone actually notices that bug? This and how often K-Drive clips you right through the floor in all 3 overworlds, or how the slightest bump will throw you off miles.

Edited by (PS4)GingyGreen
3 hours ago, (PS4)Shadow_Mortex said:

I will agree that some Warframes do need rework passes. Don't get me wrong, I never said some rewworks/buffs were need, or at least wanted. I'm just saying that the things they have 'nerfed' for the most part are things that needed balancing. Marked for Death original was way to OP, the Limbo interaction with Vauban's Tesla Nervosa was obviously never intended as it was a hard nuke and where as that can be fun for a little bit, in the end it boring and deminises all the other frames. Kuva Bramma was changed not only due to PLAYER complaints, but also because it really was a bit to much. Condition overload is still highly used and still extremely effective and viable.

Have to agree with you that Corrosive rain needs a rework. Gas needs a buff definitely. It's darn near useless at it's current ability. I mean it always had gas clouds, but now they are far less effective.

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to (PS4) “Heart of Deimos: Interim Update 29.2.1” Status: Live!
  • [DE]Danielle unpinned this topic
  • [DE]Danielle unfeatured this topic