Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quest to Conquer Cancer - How To Get Involved!

[DE]Helen

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Warframe is joining forces with the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation and content creators in their Quest to Conquer Cancer Campaign!

The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, located in Toronto, Ontario, is one of the top five cancer research centres in the world. Their mission is to conquer cancer in our lifetimes and to that end, they rely on donations to accelerate cancer research, education and clinical care for patients at the centre and across the country.  

WF_OctoberBreastCancer_ArticleImage_1920x1080.jpg

All month long, the Warframe Community Team and a handful of content creators will be streaming to raise donations for Princess Margaret through the Quest to Conquer Cancer. We’ll be keeping track of your donations and by reaching new tiers, you’ll unlock in-game bonuses for all platforms!

6f5f13f7b0e11a43ee0546cf15c26cd0.jpg

• $5,000 raised: 1-Day Affinity Booster
  • $10,000 raised: 2-Day Affinity Booster
  • $25,000 raised: 3-Day Affinity Booster 
  • $50,000 raised: New Conquera Syandana in the Market for 1 Credit 
  • $75,000 raised: New Conquera Glyph
  • Stretch Goal: $80,000 raised: Conquera Sigil
  • Stretch Goal: $90,000 raised: Zephyr Deluxe Accessory Concept Art Reveal
  • Stretch Goal: $100,000 raised: Fashionframe Video of the Next Warframe: Lavos

October 21 Update:

You did it, Tenno! We’ve reached our $75,000 campaign goal thanks to you, Tenno. We are astounded by the support from our community, content creators and streamers! To show our appreciation for your incredible generosity, we’ve included three stretch goals with new Rewards and reveals!

Please note:

• The Conquera Glyph (and if achieved, the Conquera Sigil) will be live soon after the campaign ends. Check back for more information!
  • The Conquera Syandana has been increased from 1 to 10 Credits in the in-game Market! This change was made to fix an issue of Console players being unable to purchase the Syandana if they had a Market coupon active. The coupon was attempting to discount 1 Credit to 0, which gave a purchasing error. If you continue to have issues due to having a Coupon, use said Coupon on another item before attempting to purchase the Syandana.
  • The Conquera Syandana, like the Harmony Ribbon, has a permanent untintable pink color scheme to represent the month of October as Breast Cancer Awareness month and the Quest to Conquer Cancer campaign. Available in the in-game Market until 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2020!

Check out the full schedule below to see when you can catch your favorite streamer live.

WF_OctoberBreastCancer_StreamingSchedule_1920x1080.jpg

To learn more about the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, the Quest to Conquer Cancer Campaign or to donate, visit them here!

TO JOIN THE TEAM:

Visit our Donor Drive Team Page and click “Join Team”. This will prompt you to create a Donor Drive profile (if you don’t have one already).

Make sure that you have joined our Donor Drive Team, or any donations gathered will not count towards the community milestones. You can confirm this for yourself by pressing the “Team” button in the upper banner, and ensuring it redirects you to the Digital Extremes team page.

image (9).png

Once your account is set up, you can customize the following:

• Personal donation goals and incentives
  • Share a little bit about yourself and why you are raising money for charity!
  • Linking of your socials (Twitch, etc.)

Linking your stream also gives you access to a unique browser source that can be used as an overlay to show your donation goals, donations received, and more.

image (8).png

If you don’t know how to set up a browser source, there are plenty of guides available for your choice of streaming program. 

For those of you using Streamlabs OBS, there are additional integrations for setting up donation alerts which can be read about here: https://blog.streamlabs.com/live-streamlabs-donordrive-integration-40786b5344f3

Whether you choose to raise money yourself, are able to donate, or simply help raise awareness for this amazing cause, your assistance is greatly appreciated, Tenno!

5 hours ago, kyori said:

Please tell DE that given the amount to reach tier 3, it'll be generous to give 6 days boosters.

3 days boosters are 40pl, which costs around ~U$2.5. They're giving to everyone so even if we just consider the concurrent daily PC players (45-50K) that's U$112,000-U$125,000.00. It is 2.5 times the maximum amount they're willing to donate, IF we only consider players in a specific time of the day on PC. But remember, they're also giving the boosters for console as well, so the number is certainly over double the amount. In other words, over  U$250,000.00 in boosters

They're very generous.

On 2020-10-02 at 1:03 PM, (XB1)TheHappyRaider said:

Its not about the rewards its about the cause! 

I agree that it's about the cause, but there's also the factor that a booster is a digital item that has already been programmed into the game, requiring pretty much zero additional effort unlike the syandana, and they're losing pretty much nothing by simply extending it. Further, if it stacks with boosters bought off the market as many event boosters usually do, it doesn't even necessarily cut into that profit margin either. Frankly, it then makes each tier worth more than the previous, encouraging more people to give, which is the entire point of this.

On 2020-10-02 at 10:58 AM, HolySeraphin said:

3 days boosters are 40pl, which costs around ~U$2.5. They're giving to everyone so even if we just consider the concurrent daily PC players (45-50K) that's U$112,000-U$125,000.00. It is 2.5 times the maximum amount they're willing to donate, IF we only consider players in a specific time of the day on PC. But remember, they're also giving the boosters for console as well, so the number is certainly over double the amount. In other words, over  U$250,000.00 in boosters

They're very generous.

Affinity boosters have no tangible cost. They're not made from materials that costs anything. There is no labor or time needed to produce an affinity booster. Affinity boosters are free for DE and the only cost is associated with player opportunity and an arbitrary price tag DE chooses. That said, not everyone purchases boosters in their normal game play. So the opportunity cost is lower since there are fewer players who would have normally purchased a booster if one wasn't provided.

While I think a goal of $50,000 is noble, I do feel it's a small goal relative to cancer... I hope the Warframe community will top that goal off.

11 hours ago, kyori said:

Just asking.. is it intended that this syandana is not colorable?

I don't see why not at the moment; I was able to change the colors earlier today on it, though I decided to keep the main ribbon part of it default (Pink :] ).

At the rate the donations are going, I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually hit 80-100K by the end of the campaign! Hypothetically speaking, that makes me wonder if there could be a Conquera sigil / Conquera Emblem at those higher tiers. Whether or not that'd be the case, I'm hoping to donate as soon as I can too.

I don't know about that, but treatments yes, depending on the case some treatments do exist and due to how individual some of the cases are they can be highly expensive. I do hope for more open research into Cancer eradication but also into understanding its core reasons for existing and potential controls for the out of control cells beyond elimination. I think we all have lost friends and loved ones to such out of control cellular mutations and would like to see this situation put to rest for humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived