Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tomorrow my servitude to Cephalon Simaris ends.

JeranTek

I had been working for him on and off for years now. a Grineer here, a Moa there. Picked up a few interesting bits and bobs - Helios and her scan everything, my hammer that scans things when I hit them (get me those Kavat DNA samples!).

But with the announcement of Helminth and the requirement(?) to smush all the frames into the infested room up the back I realized I had to reacquire a few frames which only dropped in quests - oh, that's right, Simaris has them ... for a price. And so my servitude began. 35-40k standing every day for 30 days would just about do it.

I didn't miss many.

So here we are. Yesterday my last piece of my last frame was bought. Chroma is stewing away in the foundry and I haven't even eaten all the other frames yet. Tomorrow I can afford the Ether Dagger BP which I, in my unthinking youth, disposed of, not realizing that it would only be available for repurchase from the ghoul, err, boss.

7 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The Sanctuary will go on without you, but can you go on without the Sanctuary?

Hahah, indeed.

You have acquired everything sanctuary has to offer? IRRELEVANT! Focus on your task! 

I have deep hatred for simaris scanning, its an activity in par with mining and fishing and ugh.. animal capture. But at least Simaris is an uhm.. interesting personality. 

Congratz on finishing the journey, I still have long way to go considering I cant be bothered to max his rep daily I just scan if they happen to popup in a mission Im doing anyway. Still need a few frame parts and the mods that are 100k standing -.-... 

If you start getting bad withdrawal effects from not scanning daily, you can start collecting standing for botanist and give it to me. I will trade it for one small goopolla. 

5 hours ago, JeranTek said:

Helios and her scan everything, my hammer that scans things when I hit them (get me those Kavat DNA samples!).

Besides Helios only scanning until max scans for the Codex, that hammer shouldn't be working. Or at least not per my testing. Have you actually ever gotten scans from it?

Conga-Rats.

But ol' Cephalapod Simirillion has a lot to offer.  Did you finish your private research, collect up Looter and Energy Generator, have all 3 video games, your companion weapon rivens, the Orbiter decoration consoles?  There's always the WF Exilus adapters too...

You'll be back - and you'll be back for SO and ESO and practicing MR tests and lab-testing new weapons.

EDIT:  But every time he gets in my FACE I want to break some GLASS if you know what I mean...

16 hours ago, JeranTek said:

I had been working for him on and off for years now. a Grineer here, a Moa there. Picked up a few interesting bits and bobs - Helios and her scan everything, my hammer that scans things when I hit them (get me those Kavat DNA samples!).

But with the announcement of Helminth and the requirement(?) to smush all the frames into the infested room up the back I realized I had to reacquire a few frames which only dropped in quests - oh, that's right, Simaris has them ... for a price. And so my servitude began. 35-40k standing every day for 30 days would just about do it.

I didn't miss many.

So here we are. Yesterday my last piece of my last frame was bought. Chroma is stewing away in the foundry and I haven't even eaten all the other frames yet. Tomorrow I can afford the Ether Dagger BP which I, in my unthinking youth, disposed of, not realizing that it would only be available for repurchase from the ghoul, err, boss.

I find it best to discard such thoughts...   XD

Today. Today I did the unthinkable. I got my targets as per usual. The Simaris-god was not smiling on me so he only gave me 2 targets. After I finished scanning them I hadn't maxed my rep for the day and ... get this ... I stopped scanning things and just went to play other parts of the game!

So liberating.

23 minutes ago, JeranTek said:

I have but one comment.
Nora is in league with Simaris.

"Y'all thought you were done with your eternal labours to the great cephalon? Not likely. You're listenin' to Nightwave, and I say, FOCUS ON YOUR TASK HUNTER!"

Archived