Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clockwork Systems

Densoro

I was leveling Inaros Prime on Deimos when I got a wave of Glass enemies. I detonated one of them in a small alcove filled with volatile cysts and he detonated every explosive in the room, nearly oneshotting my level 1 frame. It got me thinking about the good old days playing Halo, where a Grunt's ruptured air tank would set off pockets of grenades and cause a chain reaction that flings a crate at your skull, killing you instantly.

Does anybody else think Warframe would shine with Breath of the Wild-style interactions between abilities and environments? Shocking bodies of water, throwing toxins into electric hazards to create armor-stripping traps, or just more chains of explosions? A sense of immediate cause and effect and situational awareness, instead of just pumping DPS into barely-flinching faces.

Ah, I had thought of Bioshock myself, electrifying pools of water, igniting oil puddles. We kinda already have that, with the explosive barrels and, Corpus pipes that spray flame when shot but stop spraying flames when shot more somehow. But those are weak.

Would be cool if explosive barrels turned nearby dropped ammo and resources into deadly projectiles

Let me cover an explosive barrel in a bunch of sticky grenades then TK throw it like an UberGrenade

I guarantee you that if they introduce a map full of environmental Hazards like that, you'll get a ton of complaints from people who can't keep their finger off the trigger getting themselves killed. either that, or they'd never get used because we tend to kill everything seconds after entering the room anyway.

I would like it ,

and i think it already exists in some locations , like uranus with some water where you can shock the enemies - but thats scripted i believe.

The only issue i foresee is that it would still be pointless if we can overkill enemies with our current level of power , but still get killed ourselves with the same trap.

why trigger a trap when i could just bulldoze out of there,

and while "FUN" is a valid reason i am not sure DE considers it "worth the effort" especcially when they actively aviod things which can be just as good as our overpowered weapons.

I do totally support it though.

Archived